Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

These Pop-Ups On A Mobile Device Are Getting In The Way And Are Annoying

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:53 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Lightbulb These Pop-Ups On A Mobile Device Are Getting In The Way And Are Annoying

These Pop-Ups Are Getting In The Way And Are Annoying. Really, even while I'm logged in?? The stupid thing even scrolls while I am scrolling down, even while trying to screen zoom.

Logged in, iPhone 3GS, Safari, iOS6 (updated this past week hoping I could stop it from recurring). It even happens with my other mobile browser. Phone is clean as a whistle, no issues, no malware whatsoever, when I went to iOS6 I did a complete wipe. Same thing happens on my iPhone4 as well as the wife's new Hemmorhoid Samsung Galaxy and a Buddy's HTC.

LAME

Here's the rub, even if you hit the ad's stupid eff'n "X" to close it it opens a new window and re-directs anyhow. It is not a virus, it is a part of the site.

Mods: Please, tell InternetHams to pull this crap off, it's starting to **** me off. I am so irritated with it I brought this up @ last weeks VaJaJa-Fremont Meet.

Pics illustrate how it stays active and scrolls along with you. Heck, open another page to read a thread, it follows you and activates a new outlink based on the thread's key words.

I don't care about hiring Terminix, I don't care about stupid chicken recipies, I don't need a flight to Hawaii, and I don't need to buy ammo or car parts, well, at least right now on those last two.

Seriously, Fix This.

End Rant.
Attached Thumbnails These Pop-Ups On A Mobile Device Are Getting In The Way And Are Annoying-img_1906.png   These Pop-Ups On A Mobile Device Are Getting In The Way And Are Annoying-img_1907.png  

Last edited by TheFozz; 02-06-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
I always get a pop up notice telling me about the mobile app and I always choose not to use it but it keeps telling me about it. You'd think the program would know jdblock doesn't want to use the mobile app by now. The mobile app is slower than the full version. It sux.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by jdblock
I always get a pop up notice telling me about the mobile app and I always choose not to use it but it keeps telling me about it. You'd think the program would know jdblock doesn't want to use the mobile app by now. The mobile app is slower than the full version. It sux.
I'm not even using the Mobile App, call me old fashioned, I like our site's full page view best.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Ya. I don't use it either but it keeps telling me about the mobile view. Sometimes this site freezes my phone because my phone keeps trying to block all the pop ups. I know people who won't even visit this site because of all the pop ups.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jdblock
Ya. I don't use it either but it keeps telling me about the mobile view. Sometimes this site freezes my phone because my phone keeps trying to block all the pop ups. I know people who won't even visit this site because of all the pop ups.
^That.^ Why I posted this topic.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Seriously I was to lazy to make a thread about this but... someone do something!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I browse the full site when using My Iphone or Ipad and do not see the pop ups. I'll pass along your comments to IB.

Bob..
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Hey everyone!

IB is aware some of the floating ads are not staying anchored at the bottom and working on a fix. Thanks!

Bob
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Viewing the full site on my phone I already see all the adds that are here. Why do we need the floating one at all?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX
Hey "Speedlimit" Admin.

You browse the site and don't see the popups???

So what browser and options do you use??

This is seriously annoying!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Yup I see it all the time on my phone.

(I made it into the pics in the OP )
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by SLEEPERWRX
Hey "Speedlimit" Admin.

You browse the site and don't see the popups???

So what browser and options do you use??

This is seriously annoying!
I get them every once and awhile, but not to the point were it is annoying. I use Chrome on my PC and browse the full site on Ipad/Iphone (Safari 6.1).

Bob..