Statement from Nate

Old 01-19-2006, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Statement from Nate

http://www.ss-ms.com/

Well there you have it. Time pushes forward.

For what it's worth I always though S-Squared was a great shop. They always made me feel at home and always did their best to ensure I walked away happy. Best of luck to Nate at Wyotech, RIP Jeremy, and good luck to Paul and Rick with DBtuned.

-Eric
Old 01-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Best of luck to Nate. I never had the pleasure to meet Jeremy but RIP.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Well said Nate.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Team Brown
all i can say is best of luck to nate at wyotech and i'll leave it at that.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
It was hard to see the shop go down like this, especially when I'd consider Nate a friend. I think he said this very well. Good luck to all.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
I have always liked Nate as a person, he seemed like an Honest stand up guy. I am glad that he decided to move on and part away from the shop, because it was from my impression that he just was not happy there anymore, it was just a 9-5 job, the passion just wasn't there anymore. I remember talking to him about Jeremy, he seemed like a great person and I wish I had the pleasure of meeting him. I wish the best of luck to Nate over at wyotech, and I definitely don't carry over my experiences with S-Squared over to him on a personal level, I still think he is a good person...

Best wishes to you Nate, hope everything goes good
Old 01-19-2006, 03:34 PM

During my cars stay @ S-Squared over the TEN months it was there...during the two motors that were blown up @ that shop, during the $10,800 i paid them and the $3800 in parts i supplied...and during the last two months of me fighting with Joe to get a Invoice....I have to say I'm alittle let down...more so after spending many hours on the phone with Nate, him assuring me my car would be OK.

Its EASY to walk away.......Its the easy road to take.

I feel no pity towards cowards that walk away...or liars or thieves., leaving many GOOD people high and dry...wether it be EVO owners or Subby owners.

I'm not blaming anybody ALONE from the shop,.....I takes more then one person to put on this typa nightmare show.

I'm one of the people that was lied too by Nate and Joe...one of the people that was stolen from, one of the people that got bad tunes...bad installs and was scammed, and what gets me the most...I lost 10 months thanks to them...and months afterwards @ another shop cleaning up S-Squared mess.

What a shame it had to end like this.

Thanks for giving us your take on this, Nate.

Last edited by MARKSTI; 01-19-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:39 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx blue lowred, vf 34, fmic
I too want to say thanks to Nate. He was awesome to me and my friend aaron. It sucks to see him go. I wish he could work on my new sti. I hope Nate feels like he still has friends here. Nate is a good guy. And I will back him anyday.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
kudos to Nate!
i've known Nate, his wife & Jeremy since before we were in highschool.
we've been friends, hung out, skateboarded together, worked together, raced together and unfurtunatly hurt together!

i know where Nate's heart was, and i know it wasn't were he was while the shop was open in its final "rebirth."
i have lost touch w/ nate ever since they merged with the new shop.
mainly cus he wasn't happy and it seemed like he pulled back.
i didn't know Joe personally, so i refrain from comment on that whole situation.

thumbsup to nate and his future ventures and thumbs up to Paul for taking on the challenge of keeping the local subaru community happy.

Jeremy, you are missed holmes!

and this reminds me. i need to call Nate to catch up on life.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
i wanna thank nate mostly for lettin me get his wrx tranny off of him when myne blew.. and for him being such a good person to talk to when i went in the shop... now as for the service of s-squared, i never had any problems with anyone there.. and i thought all was well.. just reading that kind of makes me want to crack open my tranny and look to see if i really have an ACT clutch kit with a ACT lightweight flywheel like i purchased and had them put in.. well either way i still have faith in nate and you always got my friendship no matter what happened....
Old 01-19-2006, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS
I share a lot of Nates feelings on the internet and e-bickering. Real life is what it is all about and when that isn't working out you move on. Best of luck Nate!
Old 01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
MILF Hunter

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT
Good luck in your new endeavor Nate
Old 01-19-2006, 05:04 PM

i-speed...gone. S-squared...gone. It seems that it isn't easy to make a business of tuning suby's..especially high boost/power motors. Makes you appreciate the skills of the guys who know what they are doing (we all know who they are).
Old 01-19-2006, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by WRXLAD
i-speed...gone. S-squared...gone. It seems that it isn't easy to make a business of tuning suby's..especially high boost/power motors. Makes you appreciate the skills of the guys who know what they are doing (we all know who they are).
To be fair, Nate does know what he's doing. He's a very talented guy. The page explains what happened and why things went the way they did.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:21 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Good luck in your future endeavors Nate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Statement from Nate