I knew it would not last long.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:08 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I meant tuning in general and the ECU in general.
Ok, just making sure.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Troll

Been there done that. If you can't see that the logs that Keegan posted
Correction, the logs you posted through Keegan
show that detonation occured, you really need to read up on DD logs and the way the ECU works in general.
So where the "knock signal" = 0 shows knock is happening? Or are you talking about the fine learning table where it showed evidence that knock had happened in the past?
But hey... don't take my word for it. Go talk to any other tuner and ask them to analyze those logs. Even Nate finally agreed that the logs show knock. Time to hit the books Ali.
As I said before I could make any map knock through user tuning. no, I am not saying you did this or did not do this so wash the sand out of your mangina before you go on the defensive again or I will start to beleive that you actually did do this. All I am saying is that your actions have shown that you are not trustworthy and I am not willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Hi Russ.

Nice to see I'm not the only target of Ali's attacks. Maybe we should start the "I got E-Thugge'd by Ali G" support group and share our stories of unfounded attacks over the internet. Probably too much time to waste on an idiot like Ali though...
actually i consider it an honor that ali g took the time to send me a love note...

btw, i put down some good numbers on topnotch's mom last night:
Old 05-10-2005, 04:28 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
topnotch's mom really puts out!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by RussB
actually i consider it an honor that ali g took the time to send me a love note...

btw, i put down some good numbers on topnotch's mom last night:
She must have gotten some new kneepads. Those old ones she had last time I took her around the block had no traction and it was hard to put the power down.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by T-Will
topnotch's mom really puts out!
no doubt. there was some knockin going on there too.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:52 PM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
You guys suck

Just because your moms aren't as cool as mine, doesn't give you the right to use my mom. That's straight up rude and disrespectful.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:58 PM

Car Info: Blue 05 STi
Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
You guys suck

Just because your moms aren't as cool as mine, doesn't give you the right to use my mom. That's straight up rude and disrespectful.

are you saying you want to keep her all to yourself???!
where am i? west virigina!?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Disastorpasztor
are you saying you want to keep her all to yourself???!
where am i? west virigina!?
Hey hey now, lets not get off topic. And no I don't want to keep her to myself, you guys don't have respect for other peoples mothers.

I'm going to even it up a little here. Everybody is doggin on Ed and I see it as not fair. So in his defense I have this to say, Ali G next time I see you at a meet, boy will I yell at you and prove to you that road tuning works. I will also make fun of the stickers you have on your car because thats why you cant see road tuning as a future in your car. All those stickers create even more variables in tuning because of the extra weight.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:11 PM

I just realized this thread went from Blackvenom to EQ Tuning. Talk about derailment.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Ali,

Originally Posted by Ali G
Correction, the logs you posted through Keegan
You saying this repeatadly is not going to make it true no matter how hard you try. So give it up.

So where the "knock signal" = 0 shows knock is happening? Or are you talking about the fine learning table where it showed evidence that knock had happened in the past?
Maybe if you read the SS thread more closely instead of throwing out any accusations you can think of, you would have seen that I answered that question several times...
The knock signal as reported by DD is a bit misleading and useless most of the time. The only time DD will report a knock signal of 1 is if the knock occured at EXACTLY the same time that that data sample was recorded. Considering the data capture rate of DD and how quickly a knock occures, it is very unlikely that DD will catch a knock occuring exactly as its recording its data sample. Unfortunately the subaru ECU does not buffer the knock signal field until a data sample is collected. If it did, it would store a 1 untill DD recorded a data sample and then clear it right after. That would make it a very useful part of the log to examine and would basically give the functionality of a knock link. Without that, it is necessary to analyse the KC curve to determine if and when knock is occuring.

As I said before I could make any map knock through user tuning. no, I am not saying you did this or did not do this so wash the sand out of your mangina before you go on the defensive again or I will start to beleive that you actually did do this.
I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up if you keep making it clear that you're not accusing me of it.

All I am saying is that your actions have shown that you are not trustworthy and I am not willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.
I still don't understand what actions show that I'm not trustworthy. Was it when I showed Keegan exactly what his ECU was doing, or was it when I was forced to step in to deffend my data against your allegations?

I'm not asking for the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply presenting data. I understand that sometimes its hard to accept data that may speak poorly of your favorite shop, but that doesn't mean you should just ignore it and try to discredit it with no basis instead of trying to take the time to understand it.
This has really gotten out of hand and beyond what it needs to be. If you really doubt my diagnosis of the logs so much, I'd be willing to meet up with you so I can explain in detail how the active ignition system works. I don't mean this as an insult, but rather as a serious offer. Believe me or don't, up to you, but atleast take some time to try to understand the logs.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:13 PM

Ali,

You saying this repeatadly is not going to make it true no matter how hard you try. So give it up.

Maybe if you read the SS thread more closely instead of throwing out any accusations you can think of, you would have seen that I answered that question several times...

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up if you keep making it clear that you're not accusing me of it.

I still don't understand what actions show that I'm not trustworthy. Was it when I showed Keegan exactly what his ECU was doing, or was it when I was forced to step in to deffend my data against your allegations?

I'm not asking for the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply presenting data. I understand that sometimes its hard to accept data that may speak poorly of your favorite shop, but that doesn't mean you should just ignore it and try to discredit it with no basis instead of trying to take the time to understand it.
This has really gotten out of hand and beyond what it needs to be. If you really doubt my diagnosis of the logs so much, I'd be willing to meet up with you so I can explain in detail how the active ignition system works. I don't mean this as an insult, but rather as a serious offer. Believe me or don't, up to you, but atleast take some time to try to understand the logs.
you do know that if you met up with him, he would take a picture of you and make fun of you even more right?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Troll

Ali,

I simply do not believe you, and I do not think any of the rest of the SRIC retard crew does either.
Yeah, yeah, sure - DeltaDash did not pick it up but your built in knock sensor ears did...
I am also not saying that it did not happen - only that it is a possibility I would be willing to consider here.
It was that you convinced him there was a serious problem when there was not. Things may not have been perfect (I do not know) but those DD logs you posted did not scream out [fast and furious]Danger to Manifold[/fast and furious] to me.
What I saw from the data was that DD did not pick up any knock. Sure I am not a professional tuner and may have missed something here, but I still just do not see knock taking place. Hell even stock my car would knock from time to time and I could see the ECU constantly learning and adjusting for the varying conditions - that is part of the adaptive learning - the ECU will always push the limits to make as much power as it can without blowing the motor up. If there was serious knock it would have showed up in the logs and the AM would not have been pegged at 16.
This has really gotten out of hand and beyond what it needs to be. If you really doubt my diagnosis of the logs so much, I'd be willing to meet up with you so I can explain in detail how the active ignition system works.
I think I already have an udnerstanding of how it works - I already dealt with a bad tuner before I found Nate and I was hung out to dry with a ping mobile and a worthless piggyback ECU.
I don't mean this as an insult, but rather as a serious offer. Believe me or don't, up to you, but atleast take some time to try to understand the logs.
I do not take it as an insult - hell, I can not even remember the last time I was offended if it is even possible for me to be.

What I understand here is that the logs did not pick up any detonation. I just do not beleive that every time the car knocked DD was sampling another sensor. If that was the case why not run a log that only showed the knock detection and prove that the car was knocking. As it stands, I do not see knock and I have not heard anyone but you say that serious knock was present.

you do know that if you met up with him, he would take a picture of you and make fun of you even more right?
Not true at all. The pictures of people I have used in my awards were all done knowing that they would not get bent over it. I do not think the same would be true for Ed and I would not do that.

I may place a candified object on Mike's person for an award at some point though because that picture he posed for makes it just too damn easy...
Old 05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Troll

Ali G next time I see you at a meet, boy will I yell at you and prove to you that road tuning works.
OK sounds like a plan. I probably will not be out this Saturday since I am probably going out to Sears Point to take pix of the motorcycle race. But please hold the thought and get back to me next time I am out there.
I will also make fun of the stickers you have on your car because thats why you cant see road tuning as a future in your car.
The stickers have something to do with road tuning and my car?
All those stickers create even more variables in tuning because of the extra weight.
All those stickers? My car is far from the most decaled up car out there. Besides those are SS decals and they increase HP and decrease drag - at least that is what Scott and Aaron told me... heh!

I never said road tuning was bad, just that I would prefer to be tuned on the dyno because it is safer for all parties involved and even those innocent bystanders and fellow commuters that are not involved...

And to think I did not post the picure I took of your broken tail light as you drove off. I wonder if a piece of candy would fit in there... heh!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

logging the knock sensor really is a waste of time and computer resources... i can dig up logs of my own car where the sensor would register a knock and the knock correction and timing values would not waver, and i can also dig up logs where the knock sensor registers no knock but everything else indicates there was knock (fall in IAM being the biggest indicator).

Quick Reply: I knew it would not last long.