I fought the law, and I won.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
I fought the law, and I won.

I got a letter from the Placer County traffic court today with my dismissal. I got a ticket back in March for going 47ish on sunrise. complete bs. i fought it by mail and got everything in on time and by the book. the court even gave the officer an extension to file his paperwork.

anyway, props to ticketassassin.com for explaining how to fight a ticket by mail, and why to fight by mail.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
Originally Posted by RussB
I got a letter from the Placer County traffic court today with my dismissal. I got a ticket back in March for going 47ish on sunrise. complete bs. i fought it by mail and got everything in on time and by the book. the court even gave the officer an extension to file his paperwork.

anyway, props to ticketassassin.com for explaining how to fight a ticket by mail, and why to fight by mail.
47ish?!?! What part of Sunrise? The stretch between Kirby and Douglas where the limit drops to 40mph?

lol, my friend got pulled over in that stretch for doing 62...lol, stupid him.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:56 PM
VIP Member

yeah, between douglas and kirby.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: silver MIAMI wrx in the bay area
thanks for the info and testimony on ticketassisin.com
Old 09-09-2004, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
Congrats Russ.

Chris (elcapitan) got one on sunrise in Sac county a few months back. A police car noticeably followed him down sunrise for several blocks before getting on the loud speaker and telling him to turn right at the next street and pull over. He did so. The officer walked up to the car and first words out of his mouth "nice speedy subaru". Of course Chris has a 110 hp 1.8l, but it was obvious the cop was perfectly comfortable stereotyping him. The cop told Chris he clocked him going 71 or something like that. Of course Chris had been driving nice and slow as the cop was following him for several blocks. Complete BS. Anyways, in the trial by written declaration Chris wrote everything that had happened, but lost. Then when he requested a new trial, the DA denied his request.

Worthless is not strong enough of a word to describe some police officers. It's bad enough not doing your job but it's frightening to see a cop stir up trouble where there is none. ***ing worthless.

jonathan
Old 09-09-2004, 07:39 PM
VIP Member

dude, that's just wrong.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:03 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Didnt chris have the straightpipe muffler on when he was pulled over? Or was this a seperate incident?

Its wierd, other than his big spoiler, his car looked just like mine, yet he gets into all sorts of trouble with the popo
Old 09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

steve, my car looks 100% stock and i've been pulled over 3 times, ticketed twice.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:27 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Wierd. Cops must like my driving style.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kostamojen
Didnt chris have the straightpipe muffler on when he was pulled over? Or was this a seperate incident?

Its wierd, other than his big spoiler, his car looked just like mine, yet he gets into all sorts of trouble with the popo
Nope. Chris' car was 110% stock when he got pulled over. No exhaust, no spoiler (still doesn't have that on yet). The cop was clearly looking to bust some kid's *** simply for driving on sunrise on Friday night. Seriously, first words out of his mouth "nice speedy subaru". Saying the cop was a moron is much too generous.

j
Old 09-09-2004, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by ilmaestro
No exhaust, no spoiler (still doesn't have that on yet). The cop was clearly looking to bust some kid's *** simply for driving on sunrise on Friday night. Seriously, first words out of his mouth "nice speedy subaru".
There is always that potential for getting ticketed just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time because tickets generate revenue. Of course it's wrong for an officer to lie about a ticketed offense.

I'm wondering if the Chris' written declaration contained the officer's quoted words? I don't know if it would make a difference but I would certainly include that offhand remark.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 09-09-2004, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
There is always that potential for getting ticketed just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time because tickets generate revenue. Of course it's wrong for an officer to lie about a ticketed offense.

I'm wondering if the Chris' written declaration contained the officer's quoted words? I don't know if it would make a difference but I would certainly include that offhand remark.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Yeah... after Chris got home he wrote down everything that he could remember from the incident including all of the officer's words, his refusal to let Chris see the radar (even though he's not obligated to), etc. Ticketassassin was also consulted before sending in the trial by written declaration, and the officer's words and immediate undeserved sterotyping of Chris were pointed out in the written declaration. I really couldn't believe the judge ruled against Chris. When the cop wrote into the judge, he must have made up quite the story to go along with the radar reading he made up.

jonathan
Old 09-10-2004, 09:41 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by RussB

Good job...I used trial by written declaration to get Mrs. Oaf out of a ticket in that same area...see was in her stock Outback wagon.
Very easy process if you follow it correctly.

Paul