90k service?

Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Crafty Slug
There are no stupid questions just stupid people (until educated).
not true. look at me?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Old 01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by JOS
any reputable shops other than dealer that does a full 90k service? just hit the 90k mark and looking to get service done. plus my ac compressor is going out (whining) and need it to get looked at. any recommendations?
We offer 90K services as well if your interested in a really interesting drive

Mike
Old 01-28-2010, 03:02 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
Originally Posted by Crafty Slug
I agree with Vladi's point. If someone else can do it better and cheaper than you can provide then you need to reevaluate your stand on how you do business and how you interact with people. I don't know paul and i don't know vladi and i've been on the forums for just a tad.

I know paul doesn't post up unless its to support his business which I can understand when why should information be free when they're not paying for it and my time is valuable. I say give them the tools and information and let them decide on how they want to go about doing their work.

Although I do have to say that vlad doesn't post up either so he is in the same boat as paul and we (meaning paul, vlad and I) have posted and read enough so that the new people can simply do a search and find the correct answer if they DUG deep enough and we *feel* we're too lazy to post and post again the same information and content when a simple search on google or on the forums could be found.

Now when there is more information on multi-plexing and hybrids and hybrid conversions then that's where I'll start reading. I don't know everything because I learn everyday.

There are no stupid questions just stupid people (until educated).

Also one more thing, I support AutoHQ. I haven't heard a single complaint (not that there aren't) from that place but I still do my own work. Kevin is a Subaru master tech and worked for Subaru until he decided to open his own shop back in the day (yes I knew him before he opened his shop). Although I do have to say they have their own recommendations on what parts to use which isn't a bad idea if you want it to accomplish your 'ideal' goals.
I get a LOT of pm's, and usually either answer them right away or advise to call me on my phone since I'm quite busy and not always online. I'm no master tech like some on here claim to be, but I certainly answer every question I get directly the best I can
Old 01-28-2010, 03:16 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
If someone else can do it better and cheaper than you can provide then you need to reevaluate your stand on how you do business and how you interact with people.
These two words are mutually exclusive; can only have one, not both aspects.
It is far better to pay more for quality than less for unacceptable work/products.

Can Vladi do what I do cheaper?
Apparently so, as he does not support his family for his car work.

BAR registration tells you, the consumer, about the quality of work that a shop performs.
It does offer you, the consumer, protection from those types that run "illegal" car shops.
By "illegal" I mean shops that are not registered with the state; ie BAR registration.

In California, a person/business in the business of working on cars MUST be registered with the BAR.

If a person wants to have an unlicensed person/business work on their car, I don't care.
But it's unfair to compare a real business to a hobbyist.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
This is one thing Paul and I definitely agree on.

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
It is far better to pay more for quality than less for unacceptable work/products.
-- Ed
Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
This is one thing Paul and I definitely agree on.

-- Ed
GROUPHUG

Old 01-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Originally Posted by irrational x
GROUPHUG

Where's the orgy?