Old 01-23-2010, 09:56 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Vladi....you now have the floor.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
We offer all maintanence services using OEM parts and quality fluids. Please give us a call for details.

Thanks
-- Ed
Originally Posted by forum listing
Sacramento & Reno (3 Viewing)
Sponsored by DB Tuned. Website -- Click here.

seems to me that it's kind of rude to come into another man's house to hype your own...
Old 01-23-2010, 12:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by RussB

seems to me that it's kind of rude to come into another man's house to hype your own...
It's cool...it's just business.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:59 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
1) 06 silver/brown wrx that melted a cylinder as it was getting tuned due to running out of fuel.
2) 06 blue wrx that I bought with a blown engine that had all work done and tuned by you that popped ringlands, scarred crank, and spun bearings.
3) 06 silver sti that came to you for diagnosis of a check engine light and horrible running, you replaced up-pipe gasket, and admitted that was all you could find wrong with it. I inspected it and told him motor is on its way out due to spun brearing. Sure enough, it let go a week later. I rebuilt it for him and its still running.
4) 05 black sti that came to you with all sorts of issues: vacuum leaks, rough running, misfires, etc. You told him the whole engine was completely done for and would require ubber ammounts of money to make run correctly again. He came to me, I replaced a few leaking vacuum hoses, a couple gaskets, retuned it (was one of the MAJOR issues) and its still running to this day without 1 single issue.
5)white 06 wrx that had the 18g setup that let go after being worked on by you. You replaced the longblock from what I recall and he sold it cause he was sick of it.
6) 05 blue wrx that came to you with a/c problems that you quoted 600 to fix. He drove directly to me, I charged him 20 bux to replace a couple small things that were causing a leak, tested his pump to make sure it was operating correctly, and recharged his a/c system. Still runnign good to this day. He came back for a tune and is now absolutely in love with how his car performs as well as has working a/c.
7) The freshly built 2.6L that I looked at yesterday that's knocking/ticking like a time bomb. I'll admit I only took a very quick look at it and didn't want to touch it since it was done by you and should be re-done by you if need be. I sincerely hope for the owners sake its not what I think it is.
8) blue 07 wrx wagon that was quoted over 1k for vf39/tmic install as well as tune. Came to me, got a compression test, and got it all installed/tuned for less than half and is running great to this day. I still have his road dyno plot with a beautiful curve and healthy powerband.
9) white 06 sti that got tein suspension, tbe, and custom dyno tune from you. Came to me cause of a few hesitation issues juse a few months ago. 3port bcs and re-tune later his car is making 20whp and 35wtq more, he sold his accessport and came out 400 on top all said and done, with more power and money in his pocket.
10) silas car....you basically told him you won't work on his giant POS. Then quoted him 600 to replace inlet, and a few other items. He came to me cause he couldn't afford even half of what you quoted, and got everything but the tune sorted out for less than 1/4 the price.
Those are just a few that come to mind. I just woke up (sleeping in on a saturday) and can't recall many more but I GUARANTEE you there are more that I've dealt with over the past 2 years. Its been 2 years now: I can't recall every single incident in detail. If you think I'm making any of this up or exaggerating know this: I have no reason to lie to anyone about any of this. Helping your customers and taking your business is ABSOLUTELY NOT my goal. I don't do it for a living, I do it as a side job/hobby. No matter how much I try to be nice you'll always hound me. No matter how much I repeat that I'M NOT ADVERTISING MY SERVICES in any way you'll still think I'm stealing any and all customers from you. I inspected the parts to that 2.6L motor and quoted him a price 2 times lower than yours. I said he should go to you though if he had even a tiny bit of interest to do so. I don't care really. You do cause it pays for your bills and puts bread on your table. I get that. And yet you still hound me constantly about every post/comment on here.

Crap happens. People make mistakes. Having a BAR certification doesn't make you immune from that. Its not about how nice your shop/equipment are, its about the quality of work that you do. If someone comes to you with an improperly set up car, or abused, you do work to it and it still lets go a few weeks/months later having a BAR certification won't stop you from telling the owner "tough crap, your car was already messed up, what did you expect"....If you do make a mistake and they come back you'll replace things for them to make it right. I'd do the same. Having a BAR # isn't what causes you to do that. There are tons of people out there doing great work without a piece of paper saying "this guy knows more than that a car has 4 wheels".

And lastly, I just want you to know: I'm not mad
I don't care, really. I know things happen and that's life. Just stop pretending like you've NEVER made a mistake and just cause you're BAR certified you can hound everyone else for not being "up to par". Especially since those people aren't directly competing with you. Maybe consider a strategy of RAISING MYSELF TO BE BETTER instead of BADMOUTHING EVERYONE ELSE TO MAKE ME LOOK BETTER. People come to ME, and regardless of how bad you try to make me look on this little site that doesn't affect my business, they still keep calling me. So we can either keep talking trash or just leave it alone cause its not constructive in any way. And you stand to lose more from this than I, since this isn't my full time job.

PS: I know you'll find a million reasons for every one of those 10 I brought up that will make you look good and the customer bad/in the wrong. It doesn't matter though, cause in the end its about what the owner of the car thinks and where he chooses to do business again.
I'm not asking for your respect, or friendship, or ANYTHING. Just that you stop trying to make me look bad on THIS site. Ignore me if you want, its not like I post often. I barely post here. Your goons have nothing better to come up with besides make fun of spelling/grammar and blindly flame and fling crap at other people cause they know ZERO about cars, tuning, and all related subjects.

Last edited by Vladi; 01-23-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by VladiWrX
1) 06 silver/brown wrx that melted a cylinder as it was getting tuned due to running out of fuel.
2) 06 blue wrx that I bought with a blown engine that had all work done and tuned by you that popped ringlands, scarred crank, and spun bearings.
3) 06 silver sti that came to you for diagnosis of a check engine light and horrible running, you replaced up-pipe gasket, and admitted that was all you could find wrong with it. I inspected it and told him motor is on its way out due to spun brearing. Sure enough, it let go a week later. I rebuilt it for him and its still running.
4) 05 black sti that came to you with all sorts of issues: vacuum leaks, rough running, misfires, etc. You told him the whole engine was completely done for and would require ubber ammounts of money to make run correctly again. He came to me, I replaced a few leaking vacuum hoses, a couple gaskets, retuned it (was one of the MAJOR issues) and its still running to this day without 1 single issue.
5)white 06 wrx that had the 18g setup that let go after being worked on by you. You replaced the longblock from what I recall and he sold it cause he was sick of it.
6) 05 blue wrx that came to you with a/c problems that you quoted 600 to fix. He drove directly to me, I charged him 20 bux to replace a couple small things that were causing a leak, tested his pump to make sure it was operating correctly, and recharged his a/c system. Still runnign good to this day. He came back for a tune and is now absolutely in love with how his car performs as well as has working a/c.
7) The freshly built 2.6L that I looked at yesterday that's knocking/ticking like a time bomb. I'll admit I only took a very quick look at it and didn't want to touch it since it was done by you and should be re-done by you if need be. I sincerely hope for the owners sake its not what I think it is.
8) blue 07 wrx wagon that was quoted over 1k for vf39/tmic install as well as tune. Came to me, got a compression test, and got it all installed/tuned for less than half and is running great to this day. I still have his road dyno plot with a beautiful curve and healthy powerband.
9) white 06 sti that got tein suspension, tbe, and custom dyno tune from you. Came to me cause of a few hesitation issues juse a few months ago. 3port bcs and re-tune later his car is making 20whp and 35wtq more, he sold his accessport and came out 400 on top all said and done, with more power and money in his pocket.
10) silas car....you basically told him you won't work on his giant POS. Then quoted him 600 to replace inlet, and a few other items. He came to me cause he couldn't afford even half of what you quoted, and got everything but the tune sorted out for less than 1/4 the price.
Those are just a few that come to mind. I just woke up (sleeping in on a saturday) and can't recall many more but I GUARRANTEE you there are more that I've dealt with over the past 2 years. Its been 2 years now: I can't recall every single incident in detail. If you think I'm making any of this up or exaggerating know this: I have no reason to lie to anyone about any of this. Helping your customers and taking your business is ABSOLUTELY NOT my goal. I don't do it for a living, I do it as a side job/hobby. No matter how much I try to be nice you'll always hound me. No matter how much I repeat that I'M NOT ADVERTISING MY SERVICES in any way you'll still think I'm stealing any and all customers from you. I inspected the parts to that 2.6L motor and quoted him a price 2 times lower than yours. I said he should go to you though if he had even a tiny bit of interest to do so. I don't care really. You do cause it pays for your bills and puts bread on your table. I get that. And yet you still hound me constantly about every post/comment on here.

Crap happens. People make mistakes. Having a BAR certification doesn't make you immune from that. Its not about how nice your shop/equipment are, its about the quality of work that you do. If someone comes to you with an improperly set up car, or abused, you do work to it and it still lets go a few weeks/months later having a BAR certification won't stop you from telling the owner "tough crap, your car was already messed up, what did you expect"....If you do make a mistake and they come back you'll replace things for them to make it right. I'd do the same. Having a BAR # isn't what causes you to do that. There are tons of people out there doing great work without a piece of paper saying "this guy knows more than that a car has 4 wheels".

And lastly, I just want you to know: I'm not mad
I don't care, really. I know things happen and that's life. Just stop pretending like you've NEVER made a mistake and just cause you're BAR certified you can hound everyone else for not being "up to par". Especially since those people aren't directly competing with you. Maybe consider a strategy of RAISING MYSELF TO BE BETTER instead of BADMOUTHING EVERYONE ELSE TO MAKE ME LOOK BETTER. People come to ME, and regardless of how bad you try to make me look on this little sight that doesn't affect my business, they still keep calling me. So we can either keep talking trash or just leave it alone cause its not constructive in any way. And you stand to lose more from this than I, since this isn't my full time job.
So I can reply later.

1) Mina's car?

2) Customer installed parts, drove for ??? miles before tuning.

3) More details, please.

4) IIRC, customer did not want to spend money for additional diagnostic time.

5) Corey's car? If so, he spent 8 months of installing his own parts, then bringing it to me for tuning. Every return trip, I'd find more stuff wrong with it(leaking intake tract, incorrect turbo inlet ducting that would collapse, etc).

6) more details, please.

7)I have just spoken with the customer and hope to look at the vehicle later on today.

8). More details, please.

9). Really? What were the climactic conditions of my tune vs yours? How do you calibrate your computer "dyno"?

10). Good for Silas that you are willing to work for free.

BTW, what is your hourly rate?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:11 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
I don't have an hourly rate, I quote a price and stick to it no matter how long it takes. One of the advantages to doing this part time. More details? On stuff that happened during the past 2 years? Sorry I can't recall every single tiny little detail, and I didn't mention names because I don't want to drag those people into this mess which is between you and me, no one else.
If you're implying I manipulate my dyno software you're welcome to log/dyno any one of those cars. A mustang dyno can be manipulated as well and you know that
To me a quarter mile trap speed means a WHOLE LOT more than a dyno figure anyhow.

Anyways, I'm done here. If you'd like to discuss this further we can take it to pm.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:11 PM

Car Info: .
Just one thing, which I don't know if anyone has told you guys, but no matter who is 'right' all this back and forth between shops/hobbyists just makes you both look bad to unbiased 3rd parties. A lot of potential customers don't want any part of the drama.

Just sayin'.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:06 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by VladiWrX
Paul. Its #1. Go look it up

In all seriousness though, I'd post a real one but that would mean jack squat. Ed has a legitimate business now and yet you haven't stopped hounding him a tiny bit. You've just changed it up, that's all.

I wonder how many people that received expensive work only to have their **** blow up later be told "well it was untuned prior to my work, and abused after my work, so It's not my fault" by a BAR certified mechanic that claims to be God on earth and charges ungodly prices.

I won't even mention how many of your customers I've helped by now. And yet you're still GOD on here and I'm still the "backyard craigslist tooner"..

Keep at it. I don't really care. You do this for a living. Not me. I continue to get calls. This internet drama isn't hurting anything. Just giving me entertainment
i like how he accuses me of starting **** when he posts this stuff before i even get a chance to get flamey
Old 01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by sybir
We can do that. I'd rather not have to delete posts, etc. so I'll just say: Matt and Jack, Paul's handling this, and Thomas, we don't need a running commentary or spectator list.

I'm biased and I'll freely admit it so I'm stepping out of the discussion as well.
**** missed this post. continue
Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by RussB

Sorry for the OT, but I'd like to clear this up. Paul sponsors this forum so that his name and website appear on the front page. This does not offer him free reign of this forum and certainly does not mean that other paying vendors cannot post or advertise here. For example, SubyDude sponsors the Bay Area forum in the same manner. Do you think he is the only vendor who can and does advertise there? Not so much.

Back on topic...
Getting a BAR license is not difficult at all. You fill out a couple forms, provide a business licence, and pay an annual fee and you're considered "official". It means absolutely nothing about the quality of your services or skill set. Now ASE certification, on the other hand, does have to do with the skill set offered at a particular shop. We currently have one ASE certified tech on staff and two others are working to complete their certification. We will then have a fully ASE certified shop.

Thanks
-- Ed

Last edited by EQ Tuning; 01-25-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

I absolutely agree; my sponsorship does not infer ownership.

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Sorry for the OT, but I'd like to clear this up. Paul sponsors this forum so that his name and website appear on the front page. This does not offer him free reign of this forum and certainly does not mean that other paying vendors cannot post or advertise here. For example, SubyDude sponsors the Bay Area forum in the same manner. Do you think he is the only vendor who can and does advertise there? Not so much.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
this thread had potential. then everyone had to go and be all "professional." ugh.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by TitanSTI
this thread had potential. then everyone had to go and be all "professional." ugh.
yah seriously... and people wonder why forum traffic dropped off. all these rules are effecting my internetting. its like a BJ with a condom on.... im not gonna ask for it but im not going to say 'no'.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
This thread started as win as soon as ed mentioned that 20 mins was not much time...

And then went no where...

I think BAM should have a boxing match each year, and the shop that wins gets bragging rights for the year and isn't allowed to be minionized by the other shops.

However, noah @ LIC has to fight for himself, no UFC fighters allowed...
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 AM

Car Info: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
I agree with Vladi's point. If someone else can do it better and cheaper than you can provide then you need to reevaluate your stand on how you do business and how you interact with people. I don't know paul and i don't know vladi and i've been on the forums for just a tad.

I know paul doesn't post up unless its to support his business which I can understand when why should information be free when they're not paying for it and my time is valuable. I say give them the tools and information and let them decide on how they want to go about doing their work.

Although I do have to say that vlad doesn't post up either so he is in the same boat as paul and we (meaning paul, vlad and I) have posted and read enough so that the new people can simply do a search and find the correct answer if they DUG deep enough and we *feel* we're too lazy to post and post again the same information and content when a simple search on google or on the forums could be found.

Now when there is more information on multi-plexing and hybrids and hybrid conversions then that's where I'll start reading. I don't know everything because I learn everyday.

There are no stupid questions just stupid people (until educated).

Also one more thing, I support AutoHQ. I haven't heard a single complaint (not that there aren't) from that place but I still do my own work. Kevin is a Subaru master tech and worked for Subaru until he decided to open his own shop back in the day (yes I knew him before he opened his shop). Although I do have to say they have their own recommendations on what parts to use which isn't a bad idea if you want it to accomplish your 'ideal' goals.

Last edited by Crafty Slug; 01-28-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply: 90k service?