Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Tschida's 04 WRX journal

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
Tschida's 04 WRX journal

I was first introduced to subies when the WRX first came to the states. My pops, brother and I always go to the Moscone car show in SF and right when i took a look at a WRX I knew someday i would have one. Fast forward 6-7 years later and hundreds of hours of trolling nasioc, i-club, autotrader, craigslist etc i finally got one. I got a 2004 WRB WRX with 24k on the clock from a 35 year old that hardly drove it and kept meticulous records.

After browsing the forums for years the car was not going to stay stock long. However, i just graduated high school and was making 8$ an hour and had just spent all of my money on the car, so it was not going to go quickly. After about a month i picked up some barely used swift springs from LIC motorsports for cheap. After about 4 hours of work i had the springs installed and i was loving the new handling and decreased fender gap. About 6 months later i ordered some 18x8.5 Rota G-forces in charcoal grey and wrapped them in 235/40/18 Pirelli P-Zero Neros. I also contracted LIC motorsports to roll my fenders and as every experience i have had with them they did a top notch job. Next i got a catted Titek DP, Greddy Ti-C catback, Cobb uppipe, and flashed to stage 2 with a Cobb AP. Installing that in one weekend was quite a lot of work especially since i had to be done Sunday to drive back to SLO for school. Those uppipes just dont want to go in... Today i just finished clearing my headlights which helps the car look 100x better imo.

I have to say that working on my car has been a great experience and i have learned a ****load from some of the frustrating experiences installing these parts.

Mod List:

Titek catted DP
Greddy Ti-C catback
Cobb uppipe
Cobb AP

Swift Springs
Rota 18x18.5 Rota G-Forces
Pirelli P-Zero Nero 235/40/18
Rolled rear fenders

Cleared headlights

Im getting tuned by Mike at GST on thursday :banana: Will post up dyno after.

Future Plans:
Paint sideskirts
STI splitters
V-limited
swaybars

Name:  DSC00480.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  73.6 KB

Last edited by tschida; 07-21-2009 at 09:49 PM.