my SF vacation journal (aug 07 - 14th)

Old 08-08-2004, 08:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
my SF vacation journal (aug 07 - 14th)

Day 1: saturday

Christina and i desided this year to stay close to home on a short one week vacation. So we traded spots with her mother (they went to our place & us to theirs) It seemed like forever just to get out the Marin with all the stuff we had to do beforehand but we finished shortly after noon and headed into the city. The weather was beautiful until we reached the bridge. There a thick fog layed out over the entire bay covering the bridge etc. I felt alittle sorry for the tourist that had waited all this time just to walk across the bridge and when they got there they couldn't see more than 100 feet in any direction. It was Christina's birthday (aug 7) and i promiced to drive nicely, which i did thankyou. I also didn't bring the Subie because the little rich punks that live in the neighborhood like to ness with peoples cars at night, so we have her silver Ford Focus hatchback.

The place we are staying is a small 1 bedroom apt. that is part of a large house, close to the corner of Green and Divicidero (spelling). So we decided to walk down the hill to Chestnut for lunch and after do some walking around. We went to this place "Cafe Marimba" @ 2317 Chestnut and had a great meal. I had the Snapper tacos with rice and beans and Christina had a plate of tomales that were wrapped in banana skins. To drink we had a few Moghitos (spelling). A rum drink with fresh mint and sugar and got alittle "happy". which made the rest the the walk that more fun.

After we returned to the pad where we got into a little fight about something stupid and took naps.

A few hours later things were mellowed out and we made dinner reservations at "Pane e Vino" a nice italian joint on Union St. about a 15 block walk from where we are staying(which had moved from 3 blocks away to take the place where Via Vai" was) When we got there at 8:30 and the place was packed. But after the first bottle of wine you don't really care. The food of course with great but eh best this had to be the Risotto with Quail. WOW did that kick a$$. Well they rushed the whole dinner faster than i was hoping and got us out of there in just over 2 hours. I was looking for more of a 3 hour + meal. That's the only true Italian way to eat.

then we had a nice romantic walk home and a good nights sleep.

-rich

Last edited by bushido; 08-08-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Sunday: day 2

well i slept in as long as i could. 7:30 am and got on the computer. Once christina had finally awoke we went out to get our morning coffee. we walked down to Chestnut again and had coffee (double cappucino) and a sticky bun at the Coffee Roasters. Then we walked along Chestnut until we got to the Presidio and turned (left) towards Green St. Once up at Green i told Christina i was manly enough to run the stairs which last 3 whole blocks straight up. All the way to Broadway. Well i still got it. even in my out-of-shape overweight exsistance i blow up those stairs leaving those sunday morning atheletes in my wake. But afterwards i was feedling it. I was sucking air so hard though my teeth that my gums hurt.

i'll right back later with more insight.

-rich
Old 08-08-2004, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by bushido
Sunday: day 2

well i slept in as long as i could. 7:30 am and got on the computer. Once christina had finally awoke we went out to get our morning coffee. we walked down to Chestnut again and had coffee (double cappucino) and a sticky bun at the Coffee Roasters. Then we walked along Chestnut until we got to the Presidio and turned (left) towards Green St. Once up at Green i told Christina i was manly enough to run the stairs which last 3 whole blocks straight up. All the way to Broadway. Well i still got it. even in my out-of-shape overweight exsistance i blow up those stairs leaving those sunday morning atheletes in my wake. But afterwards i was feedling it. I was sucking air so hard though my teeth that my gums hurt.

i'll right back later with more insight.

-rich
You better find a cheap wheelchair quick. Your legs are going to HURT tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
You better find a cheap wheelchair quick. Your legs are going to HURT tomorrow.
hahaha They hurt already. But after a good 30 of stretching i'll survive

-rich
Old 08-08-2004, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
http://www.blogger.com

Use what all the other hipster people use that think their day-to-day mundane existance is actually exciting to read.

tia.
you're lucky i have a god since of humor. As i was typing my wife just shouted from the other room. Who the hell cares about your "journal". My reply was "maybe no one. But i do have alot of i-club friends out there that 'may' care"

Hey if you don't like it.don't read it. I think some of it is funny.

-rich
Old 08-08-2004, 11:53 AM

Car Info: civic

Use what all the other hipster people use that think their day-to-day mundane existance is actually exciting to read.

tia.

it's www.xanga.com
Old 08-08-2004, 11:53 AM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX

tia.
Nah...

It aint a blog if it has actually been edited for spelling and grammar.
Go for it, Rich.

If they don't want to read it, they don't have to.
I'd love to see more of this kind of thing: it fits i-club better than another "woah, dude, I'm drunk again" post.

2p,
M
Old 08-08-2004, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Hit up the crepe store on the street above Chestnut... drawing a blank but it is right down the street from Green.

:banana:
Old 08-08-2004, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BluBuru
Nah...

It aint a blog if it has actually been edited for spelling and grammar.
Go for it, Rich.

If they don't want to read it, they don't have to.
I'd love to see more of this kind of thing: it fits i-club better than another "woah, dude, I'm drunk again" post.

2p,
M
Well thankyou for your support

-rich
Old 08-08-2004, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
Hit up the crepe store on the street above Chestnut... drawing a blank but it is right down the street from Green.

:banana:
Well there is a Crepe place on Union. but i'll look around and see if i can't find what you're talking about. Thanks for the tip
Old 08-09-2004, 07:53 AM
VIP Member

Sunday: day 2 continued

After spending some quality time stretching out my legs so they wouldn't fall off my body we started feeling hungry again. Hell i guess i really didn't eat breakfast and it was getting late. So around 1:30 pm we headed out on a mission to get ourselves some "real" oven baked thin crust Italian pizza. Our destination was A16, an Itailian restaurant on Chestnut named after a real Highway that runs at an angle across a part of Italy.

After a mad dash down the hill to make sure we got there before 2pm (just incase they closed their doors between lunch and dinner). When we got to the place their bartender enformed us that they had changed their hours. But hell i was still wanting pizza. So we desided to go to the next closest place which is back up on Union. After a mile of walking we stopped off at Roses. But the place was packed with a line outside waiting to get a seat. So then it was off to the place we had dinner at the night before Pena e Vino. But that was 10 more blocks to walk. I was thinking if i hadn't took the time to stretch i would never had been able to do this. After another 15 minutes we reached the restaurant. It too was closed. So we desided on this place we saw on the other side of the street we saw in passing. It was called "Prego" on Union. Hey it wasn't bad. We each got our own pizza and we shared a bottle of wine.

On our way back to the house we stopped off at Blockbuster to pick out some DVD's. Christina's mother had set us up with a temp. account where we could rent 3 movies at a time and not have to pay anything while we were staying at the house. After picking out the films we got to the front of the store and they told us that someone else had already rented out 3 films and had had them for over 4 days now and we couldn't get the free rentals. The person that had the 3 films was the son of the millionare family Christina's mother works for. Man i was pissed. He could buy that whole frickin' store and he's taking my free rentals. Well there was still one DVD i had to rent "Puni Puni Poemy" a japanese anime that i had been looking forward to seeing. Manly for the charator named (Shii Aasu) this massively busty girl with dark hair and glasses. wow it was great.

Then i watched the WRC of Finland where once again both Subaru's crashed out. And were unable to score any points. Then it was off to bed.

-rich

Last edited by bushido; 08-09-2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:52 AM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
This is fun to read, Rich, keep it up! I like this kind of stuff. Actually, I've been wanting to do the same thing for a while now - spend a few days in the City and make a mini-vacation out of it, pig out on all the good eats etc. Alas, vacation time is scarce these days and money is even scarcer... So I have to vicariously live through other people...
Old 08-09-2004, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Day 3: Monday

Ah there's nothing better than getting up and knowing the rest of the world is running off to work and all you have to do is figure out "where do i want to get coffee this morning" Well since Christina had her choice yesterday, today it's my pick. So after washing my face, brushing my teeth and giving my under carage a little "how's your father" we set out. The day is wonderfully overcast and cool. So we are booth bundled up in our sweetshirts, but still i have my shorts on and my orange colored sunglasses.

My pick of the morning is Pete's coffee. Man i love that stuff and since we're in SF what else is there really to want to pick. It truelly gives you a kick in the a$$. After picking up our coffee we head though the quiet neighborhood that runs between the marina and Chestnut and head to the Exploratorium- palace of fine arts to sit on the benches and watch the ducks sleeping. All the while pointing out houses we would want to live in if we happen to win the Lotto.

And it's funny. We're both West Marin country folk that happen to say "Good morning" to everyone we pass. And some of the reactions we get are classic. Like many of them never had strangers say anything to them before.

Well it's off to Japantown today. We'll be over there around 1:30 in hopes to miss the biggest part of the lunch rush. Then maybe hit up a film.

-rich
Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
nice read, keep it up rich...man it be nice to just tour sf and stay in one of those nice hotels...i dont think i have ever really done that despite the fact that i have lived here all my life...are you guys walking the golden gate (another thing i havent done.. )

daniel

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my SF vacation journal (aug 07 - 14th)