Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

my family car project....it's alive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
ok I was bored one day and found a deal on a set of jdm aero guards so I ordered it to match up with the front a little bit more, also to get ready for my new turbo setup I needed bigger injectors. I ended up ordering a set of deatschwerks 750cc injectors for my car since if I wanted I could send my stock injectors back to them and get $100 bucks.
Name:  DSC03523.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  25.5 KB
Name:  DSC03532.jpg
Size:  23.0 KB
Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 PM
VIP Member

ok so my next dilema while waiting for my turbo was should I keep my tmic or get a fmic? I know I know if I go fmic then I get more lag, and I know the tmic is fine for a 20g....BUT...I always wanted a fmic. On my turbo civic I never even got to install my fmic before that car got stolen...Ehh so ok I was like why not i'm just going to buy a fmic. So i bought one. Oh and I finally got my 20g turbo. When I talked to gruppe-s I just told them that "please just give it to me before the new year" hahah i'm a patient guy but I want that turbo in my car before 2007. So I get the turbo late november and so the new buildup begins...but here are some pics I took while I was at kragen before the new turbo buildup.
Name:  DSC04046.jpg
Size:  53.0 KB
Name:  DSC04049.jpg
Size:  54.6 KB
if you look at the pics you will notice that I cleared out the headlights and had it sprayed a dark gunmetal color like the 05's also my wheels I love those wheels and my aero guards. I also bought one of license plate things that angle the front plate. I ordered the one for the jdm plates so I had to custom fit it onto my plate. I tend to be a little lazy when it comes to washing my car so excuse the dirt on the car..hahah I mean this is the family car it's meant to be dirty...haha oh and you will probably notice that I also have the sti hoodscoop on my car. thats because I swap with one of my friends when I was using a tmic. That swap was actually done awhile back ago I just forget to talk about it. I also used the sti air splitter. Not bad but still too small for the hyperflow tmic. I also installed a set of hids for my car f1spec you know the ones that can turn on even under water...hahah weird but true I got the 6000k and those things are bright! Plus the install was super easy. My first few batches I kept getting a bad harness but I kept getting them replaced for free so it was no problem. I've been using them for I think about 6-7 months now with out any problems with the new harness. So I have no complaints with them.

Last edited by tamashi523; 12-27-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

ok well now we are almost at the present time...So putting in the new injectors and fp td05h-20g turbo was not bad at all. But while doing the install a new problem arised...Since I swapped out the turbo out of my car about 4 times the stock turbo inlet hose was all ripped up...That is not good....So I was thinking "hey it should still be fine..." hahah I also put in my turbo xs fmic sprayed all black with high temp paint to give it that stealth look.
Name:  DSC04158.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  73.3 KB
Name:  DSC04161.jpg
Size:  98.6 KB
The turbo xs fmic is actually not to bad when installing pretty easy. Everything is on top plus it comes with it's on bumper beam so you don't need to cut your own. Here is a note to those looking to go with a fmic, when you first take off your bumper be aware that there are a lot of clips that you will need to take off. It's such a pain the next hard thing about doing a fmic is cutting the bumper. PITA seroiusly man I used a dremel, a saw anything to help me cut it. I want to also take this time to give a special thanks to my friend Alan who really helped me put my new turbo setup together. Without him I would not of been able to finish this project as soon as I did. Also thanks to my friend Sam who also helped out with some of the wrenching as well. here is a pic of the bumper before I cut the black plastic part..I was going to leave it on the car and do some cool design like the dynocomp sti...but wayy to much work then it was worth...
Name:  DSC04159.jpg
Size:  67.7 KB
now here is part of my bumper back on my car with the plastic piece on still...
Name:  DSC04164.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  74.8 KB
notice how much of that piece blocks the fmic...Man can't block that air flow...
Old 12-27-2006, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

ok so that same night I quickly put everything together and went to the barnes and noble meet to show them my ride...
Name:  DSC04168.jpg
Size:  29.6 KB
when the meet finished up we all met up at a restaraunt to go eat while leaving I tried turning on my car but it would turn on and die again...oh no...whats wrong...Oh yeah i'm currently using a base map from one of my friends that mike sent him, since for whatever reason I never got the base map that ed was suppose to email me. I guess my yahoo mail thought it was junk mail? I dunno well either way I knew it wasn't the map because I did drive it there to the meet with no problems...I used the accessport and got p0171 well I think that was the code which meant my car was running dangerously lean....The minute I found out I knew it was because the turbo inlet hose. Let me explain...Since the inlet hose connects to the turbo a lot of air is being sucked in. But if it's all ripped up like mine extra air appears and the maf goes crazy and car starts to run super lean. Not good basically because you can just kiss your motor goodbye...Well at least to my understanding....so after dinner my car went straight back to the garage and I first looked for a used perrin turbo inlet hose but I couldn't find it so mpj gave me a great deal on a brand new black one. Sorry I forget to take a pic but yeah once it was installed in my car it worked wonders. No more check engine light!!! yay for me!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

ok so now i've caught up to the present time...here are some pics of the front of my car after christmas..
Name:  DSC04205.jpg
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  DSC04203.jpg
Size:  50.8 KB
now i'm just waiting for ed to road tune my car. I also installed a hallman boost control to help my spool up and i'm using a typhoon intake with my fmic donated by my friend to use. Oh yeah I also have a really bad dent on my fender because somone threw a shoe at my fender when this person thought I was spending to much time with my car...ehh oh well I will also be painting my trunk and rear bumper because my wife accidently hit her own car when she was backing out of the garage using my car....So yeah my car still has more work to it coming soon...Well at least body work. I'll show you guys my dent later. It's still hard for me to look at...
Old 12-27-2006, 07:37 PM

Car Info: 2006 San Remo Red WRX
really nice write up. the cops really are stupid around here. I got pulled over when leaving the dealership the day i bought the car. he said my exhaust was too big and was illegal. i had to point it out on the lot so he would leave me alone.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
VIP Member

engine mods:
arc pulley cover
arc radiator shroud
fp td05h-20g
walbro 255lph fuel pump
deatschwerks 750cc injectors
k&n typhoon intake crinkle red w/carb sticker
turbo xs coated stealth black fmic
perrin turbo inlet hose
hallman pro rx mbc in black for more stealth
fujitsubo rmno1a catback exhaust modified to be 3' all the way to the dp.
helix up-pipe
helix non-catted downpipe
cruicial racing gaskets
fumotomo valve
blitz dual turbo timer which also works as my boost gauge in silver to match interior...or aka racing computer...hahah
smc meth kit
aps twin valve bov 50/50

engine management:
cobb accessport

suspension:
tein s tech
whiteline steering rack bushings
cusco titanium strut bar
whiteline lock bolts

wheels:
18x8.5 matte steel grey svn with a 38et (10mm spacers)
255-35-18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

exterior:
cusco front lip
jdm aero guards
jdm rear lip
debadged trunk
sti spoiler

lighting:
f1spec 6000k hids

interior:
arc shift ****
baby car seats
arm rest extension
sti shifter trim

sterero:
stock deck
oem sub that goes under the passenger seat
ipod

numbers and graphs:
317whp and 292wtq (ending #'s)
Name:  91meth.png
Size:  171.9 KB

328whp and 280wtq (peak hp at 6500rpms)
Name:  91meth2.png
Size:  150.5 KB

Last edited by tamashi523; 10-16-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tanz1983
really nice write up. the cops really are stupid around here. I got pulled over when leaving the dealership the day i bought the car. he said my exhaust was too big and was illegal. i had to point it out on the lot so he would leave me alone.
yeah seriously cops are crazy but your lucky because cops here in solano county are a lot easier compared to cops out in the penninsula and in the city. Including sj area as well. I use to work in millbrae and my mom lives in foster city. Everytime I drive to foster city I get so SCARED!!! Seroiusly I almost got pulled over recently in foster city if it wasn't for old senior citizen cutting the cop off I would have gotten pulled over. If your driving a modified car around 11pm at night in foster city you are basically the only car on the road and cops there have nothing better to do then pull you over...
Old 12-28-2006, 04:32 PM
VIP Member

ok so a guy from dent express came by my work to check out the dent. It's going to cost me $175 to get it fixed!!! Damn wife!!!! I'm gonna have her pay for it!
Old 12-30-2006, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

alright talked to add a few days ago and confirmed my tune! It's going to be on january 4th. Hopefully I can get the most out of my 2.0 with the tune
Old 12-30-2006, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
your car is hella clean, you just need some recaro baby seats for the kids
one of my favorites at our meets
Old 12-31-2006, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

its funny you say that because I actually found some baby recaro seats online and the price was not bad. The only problem was they didn't have a black one. Only a blue and black and some other colors. So I passed on it.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
it would be sooooo funny and they would love it! do any other companies manufacture child racing seats?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 PM

Car Info: Impreza
I just read your whole thread,

Love the build. Keep it up & get a Racing seat for your kids ! haha
Old 01-02-2007, 09:30 AM
VIP Member

well I did buy a new seat recently for my older son. Nothing with the name recaro, bride, status, sparco or anything else cool like that but...I couldn't find one either
=( maybe i'll add a sticker to the new seat I bought him....haha

Quick Reply: my family car project....it's alive!!!