Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My built wagon thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Waggin'
Wow, well done! Keep up the good work. That looks like my wagon from an alternate universe. You know, one where dirt and rocks don't exist, and time and money are endless commodities. Lol.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:45 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
Its been a little while since I updated...

Flares was painted and bolted back on over the past weekend. Also made some half fender liners from a hdpe sheet to replace the oem ones that wouldnt fit. Installed the fullrace header also while the car was up. I think im starting to finally run out of stuff to work on.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:09 AM

Car Info: 2004 aspen white WRX
Seriously beautiful.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
When I started to out of stuff to work on I bought the FXT Flares look even better painted!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Effin hot. Painted makes it look 10x better
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 PM

Thanks guys! Im liking the painted look also. So many hours to get the car to this point from when I first bought it 2 years ago.

And 04GG, the wife already has the fxt , lol
Old 06-08-2014, 09:17 AM

A few pics with the wheels back on with the painted flares.

Also headed back to the dyno on monday at EQ. Different meth kit, ets tmic, switched from unequal to equal full race header, turbo blanket, and higher psi wastegate to get a little more psi out of it. If all goes well we can call this done for a while until something breaks.

Last edited by ddavis; 10-07-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Looks great, man. One day, I hope to be able to afford getting custom flares for the fxt.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Looking good!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:18 PM

Thanks guys!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Waggin'
Amazing work! So clean and aggressive looking. I wish Subaru had offered an STI wagon that looked like that. I'd love to see your car with some projector headlights though. Any plans for that?

Also, I didn't see cowl stays on your mod list. Did you upgrade those? They do make quite a difference, IMHO.

Last edited by Mobutusan; 06-10-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:47 AM

thanks man, the jdm fogs help alot since I live by the coast but I have retrofitted a few projector headlights before on other cars and its crossed my mind.

The car doesnt have cowl stays at the moment. If feels pretty stiff over all. The subframe was a huge help, so I want to see how it performs first on the course with the latest upgrades. If it needs a little more I think the cowl stays will be another area I hit. I should of really done it while I was in there the first time.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:55 PM

Its been a while, so how about an update..

I was having a problem with my coolingmist failsafe triggering all the time. After a few reinstalls and lack of support from those guys I ended up having EQ pull the kit and switch it over to an Aquamist. The Aquamist kit seems to be working great now, so glad thats all sorted out. Also got a bigger AEM tank for it that holds a ton more meth which should be nice for track days.

Since the new meth gauge isn't a 2in1 (meth&boost) I picked up a SMY cluster to mount the meth gauge in and to mount a Defi boost gauge in. The cluster is quality and fit perfect. The Defi boost gauge is reading about 4 psi off on the top end which is a bummer, but seems to be consistently off so I can still use it.

I also switched the TurboXS tmic for an ETS. The ETS has a better fitment with my turbo and heard some good things about ETS so thought I would give it a shot.

The Stromung dual tip 3inch exhaust I had on the car got swapped over to one of Perrin's newer style 3inch single tips. Stromung has a great sound but was a bit restrictive at my level and we thought we could squeeze a little extra out the setup by swapping it out.

We tried to bump the boost up to 24psi from around 21 and the internal wastegate wouldn't support it, even with it adjusted to max. I talked to ATP and was able to get a higher psi rated one that worked like a charm. New numbers are 435/455 at the wheels with his newer dyno calibration and the car feels absolutely great! Very happy with everything.

A few additional things thats been added recently.
- PTP turbo blanket
- Perrin Radiator shroud & stays
- Perrin Alternator cover
- Grimmspeed tmic splitter
- Perrin oil cap
- Pillarless grill

And some random pics..

Last edited by ddavis; 10-16-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:07 AM

I had some free time tonight so decided to pull the bumper to address a problem I had with the tow hook for my Oswald bumper not fitting. My cusco brace was blocking the bolt holes for the tow hook. I had a tow strap sitting in the garage so decided to bolt it up instead as a solution. I zip tied it up for now to secure it but was thinking about tucking it behind the cusco brace to hide it completely.

Last edited by ddavis; 10-18-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 PM

Pillarless grill swapped in today. I think it matches with the flares better.

Quick Reply: My built wagon thread