please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:00 AM

please help

Yesterday, I was on I-87 South coming home from Montreal. I was still far from home since I llive in CT. Anyways, I was passing by Town of Chester and I cruise by a cop. I had the valentine on but since i was the only one on the road basically, he didnt have the radar constantly on. So i get pulled over. I basically get a ticket for doing 89 in a 65mph zone. I had no idea i was going that fast. I really didnt. I was in my friends damn SUV. So the ticket basically says I have to either show up at court (hell no since its like 3 hours away from here) or mail it in saying i am guilty/not guilty. :help I definitely want to mail this in first thing Monday morning saying that I am guilty. Last time I got an out of state speeding ticket, which happend to be on Mass Turnpike, I plead guilty and paid the speeding ticket. Didnt go on my record and i was fine. I am wondering if any of you guys from ct, or from ny, has gotten and out of state speeding ticket. And if so, what happend? I really dont care how much i have to pay for the damn thing, its just i dont want it to go on my insurance.......HELP ME!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 03:44 PM

Car Info: Impreza RS 2004
I would

Originally Posted by IS300
Yesterday, I was on I-87 South coming home from Montreal. I was still far from home since I llive in CT. Anyways, I was passing by Town of Chester and I cruise by a cop. I had the valentine on but since i was the only one on the road basically, he didnt have the radar constantly on. So i get pulled over. I basically get a ticket for doing 89 in a 65mph zone. I had no idea i was going that fast. I really didnt. I was in my friends damn SUV. So the ticket basically says I have to either show up at court (hell no since its like 3 hours away from here) or mail it in saying i am guilty/not guilty. :help I definitely want to mail this in first thing Monday morning saying that I am guilty. Last time I got an out of state speeding ticket, which happend to be on Mass Turnpike, I plead guilty and paid the speeding ticket. Didnt go on my record and i was fine. I am wondering if any of you guys from ct, or from ny, has gotten and out of state speeding ticket. And if so, what happend? I really dont care how much i have to pay for the damn thing, its just i dont want it to go on my insurance.......HELP ME!!!
The cops have been realy bucking down lately. In Mass they passed A lwa about after market exhuast. If you think he wasen't running radar I would so not guilty. It should say if he had radar or not on the ticket. Most times then not if your out of state though it's better to just say your guilty so you don'y have to go all the way up there. If you don't want your insurance to go up the I would so not guilty. And fight it the worst that could happen is that you have to go up there to court and most times then not the cop never shows anyway. And it gets thrown out and you don't have to pay anything. I hope I helped.

Good luck
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 AM

cops not showing up

cops that are BUSY tend to not show up for court dates for speeding tickets. Cops from the Village of East Middleofnowhere ALWAYS show up at court. (this is not a flame against cops, they're just doing their job, but it's the truth). Also, judges from East Middleofnowhere realize that cops from East Middleofnowhere give out tickets to out of state people to raise revenue so they won't have to ticket locals (when you're in East Middleofnowhere, locals are usually your cousin, or your sister in law, sometimes both, so it's best not to have to give a ticket to them), so your odds of getting off are, IMHO slightly greater than the odds of you getting bitten in half by a shark while skydiving.
You can try submitting a not guilty by mail, and if the officer didn't keep his records, or doesn't fill out the paperwork, the ticket will be dropped, and if that doesn't work, then just pay the fine at that point, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.