Redwood Rendezvous #7

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I'm sure someone here with a WRX will have a full size spare. I've got two for the Forester, but they're a little bigger than WRX sizes. You can just go fairly slow on the dirt. It really shouldn't be a problem at all.

PETE, you should update the first post of the thread just in case we have a few more interested parties!

-Brian
Thing is- and you've been involved enough to know- the entire days schedule revolves around having 5 cars doing run/work- and we have that,

You
Andy
rich and Christina
Ed and Sonya
knock.

That right there is officially a full grid and technically "entries are closed"- however...

Ed is offering to bow out of the rally to act as the event photography team, so if Redils16 decides to run, we have a contingency, but any more would screw up the program too much.

Last edited by psoper; 09-24-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Copy that. I'm just looking for ways to get more folks involved in this Subaru/Rally-centric debauchery.

-Brian
Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 PM

Car Info: Heated Leather Seats
So - what's the current head count and are there any vegetarians?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
Alright well if it's really ok with Ed i'd love to take that spot, whats the protocol for meeting up also how much should i bring to throw down for the camp site or any other group expenses. ps not a vegetarian
Old 09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

I'm sure Ed won't mind you taking his spot. I'm not sure about specific times, but we usually meet at the Washoe House just north of Petaluma and depart from there.

Washoe House!

You should only need a few bucks for the campsite wherever we end up. We usually bring our own food and beer and there's usually plenty to share.

-Brian

Last edited by eastbaysubaru; 09-21-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I'm sure Ed won't mind you taking his spot. I'm not sure about specific times, but we usually meet at the Washoe House just north of Petaluma and depart from there.

You should only need a few bucks for the campsite wherever we end up. We usually bring our own food and beer and there's usually plenty to share.

-Brian

Hate to say it but meetup time is going to need to be even earlier than usual- I'm thinking meet at 7 and leave at 7:30, otherwise its getting dark as we get to the campground

Campsites are $8, good idea to bring firewood too.

Expect to fill up on gas at least twice Saturday and once Sunday depending on your route home.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

Not a problem Pete. Firewood is a good idea too. I'm going to dig out the double burner campstove to bring as well.

-Brian
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX
ya i'll have a stove to bring as well and i dont know what is normally up for breakfast or how much time we have but its pretty easy to make pancakes with just the mix in a plastic bag i wouldn't mind bringing a bunch for everyone
Old 09-22-2009, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

I'm going to bring a bunch of stuff for breakfast burritos. Should have plenty for everyone.

-Brian
Old 09-22-2009, 11:25 AM

I'll bring stuff to make hamburgers for dinner. And of course I'll make another one of those evil dutch oven cakes for dessert.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

So dinner and breakfast are covered. Nice.

-Brian
Old 09-23-2009, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Looking forward to it guys.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 AM

I seem to have a slow leak in my drivers side rear tire. Think a can of fix a flat might help?

Can't wait for camping!

Pete - is there going to be any place to swim?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by Redils16
Alright well if it's really ok with Ed i'd love to take that spot, whats the protocol for meeting up also how much should i bring to throw down for the camp site or any other group expenses. ps not a vegetarian
I definitely won't mind.... less to keep track of for me and Sonya which means more pictures for all of you

-- Ed
Old 09-24-2009, 11:41 AM

OK, coming down to the last items

I think this is the first time I ever had the routebook and score sheets done more than a day before the event, but I think I am there right now-

This year I even typed up general instructions which should be particularly useful to the newbies.

Ed, what we will probably do is send you two out ahead of me even, so you can find a spot for pictures and hang there while the group goes by, then chase after us after we've all gone past

EVERYONE- PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL AT:

psoper@therallyeclub.org

sometime today or tonight, and I will send you the general instructions- please read through them and ask me if you have any questions so we can get those out of the way before Saturday.

The time schedule is pretty tight, we really need to be leaving the Washoe House promptly at 7:30AM, so set your alarm and give yourself plenty of time to get there a little bit early.

If you still find yourself running a little bit late, I would suggest that you proceed north on 101 and try to catch up with us in Hopland (should be passing through there about 8:30AM) or Willits (where we will be departing from the Safeway at or before 9:45AM).

After that, I'm afraid you will be on your own...

Quick Reply: Redwood Rendezvous #7