Redwood Rendezvous #7

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by knock
<-serious

for real psoper, and Ed can vouch for me

Looking forward to some backroad rendezvousing (that doesn't sound right)
Right on! I think you will have a great time, its a really fun bunch of people and some really "out there" roads.

I'll be doing the final pre-check this weekend- this trip combines some of the best of both paved and unpaved roads and marks the first time the Redwood Rendezvous hits Trinity County- for about 30 miles anyway.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by psoper
Right on! I think you will have a great time, its a really fun bunch of people and some really "out there" roads.

I'll be doing the final pre-check this weekend- this trip combines some of the best of both paved and unpaved roads and marks the first time the Redwood Rendezvous hits Trinity County- for about 30 miles anyway.
Trinity County FTW!!! So amped for this trip Pete!

-Brian
Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
So knock- you serious? if so that would give us a full grid!
Pete, feel free to give someone my spot in the actual rally. As you know from last time, I'm more there for the fun roads and great camping. Sonya will be armed with a nice camera, so that'll give us even more purpose. The last thing I care about are points

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

I don't think anyone else appreciates how super fantastic Redwood Rendezvous really is. Your times have to count Ed 'cause without you I'd be dead last

-Brian
Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 12 Impreza Wagon, RIP 91 Honda Civic Wagon :(
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I don't think anyone else appreciates how super fantastic Redwood Rendezvous really is. Your times have to count Ed 'cause without you I'd be dead last

-Brian
You have that wrong Brian ... I'm usually last ... I seem to remember last time that a search party was sent out to find me on one of the dirt road sections ...

Wish I could join you guys, but back not well enough yet for that many hours in the car.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Car Info: Heated Leather Seats
Originally Posted by RallyWagon

Wish I could join you guys, but back not well enough yet for that many hours in the car.
How about as a passenger?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 12 Impreza Wagon, RIP 91 Honda Civic Wagon :(
Originally Posted by andyC
How about as a passenger?
Andy, thanks for the offer, but no can do. Still involves sitting and therein lies the problem ... can't sit for more than 30-40 minutes without extreme lower back pain at the moment ...

Had to cancel two road trips ... Ely for the Open Road Race and Zion & Bryce for a photo shoot.

Jane
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru

-Brian
I do believ I hold the record for being the furthest away from the target time over the rally. I still remember Petes face as we blew past him on stage .
Old 09-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I do believ I hold the record for being the furthest away from the target time over the rally. I still remember Petes face as we blew past him on stage .
That was Brian's point, if it weren't for you're high scores, he'd have to live with that title.

Don't think of it as competing, think of it as working checkpoints- if you can just focus on meeting me at your checkpoint on time, I'll be happy.
The reason I need 5 entrants is so I can have someone working every checkpoint, what you do the rest of the trip is entirely up to you

- just please don't plunge down any mountainsides, there are a few places where you might not get found, much less survive.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:36 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

That was Brian's point, if it weren't for you're high scores, he'd have to live with that title.

Don't think of it as competing, think of it as working checkpoints- if you can just focus on meeting me at your checkpoint on time, I'll be happy.
The reason I need 5 entrants is so I can have someone working every checkpoint, what you do the rest of the trip is entirely up to you

- just please don't plunge down any mountainsides, there are a few places where you might not get found, much less survive.
No problem... we can work the check points. I was just mentioning that if anyone else wants in on the actual rally, we can just drive along with everyone and take pictures instead.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 09-17-2009, 02:37 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
Hey guys,

Are people welcome to come past the 5 entrants, this sounds like a really cool trip and my friend matt and i may be very interested in coming. Also how crucial are tires going to be on these roads, i cant see myself not going hard on twisties but i'm running low profiles that dont have a ton of grip left i imagine that it would be fine and i would just use good judgment but just wondering if they are too intense for some reason. Also likely hood of needing a spare? knock on wood

-Scott

Last edited by Redils16; 09-17-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Thing is, we're looking at about 30-40 miles of unpaved, rtoads, most of which are reasonably smooth, but they do have rocks and some washboards to contend with, and low profile tires that don't have much tread left often succumb to pinch flats or rock punctures, not that I'd expect you to get a flat- but we'd really hate for you to get one and not be able to deal with it...
Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

I would definitely bring a spare. How low-profile are we talking here? Rim size?

-Brian
Old 09-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
my rims are 17 or 17.5" i dont remember cuz they were on the car when i bought it and i have a spare its just the spare that comes with the car which would not be anywhere near ideal for offroad driving and the tires themselves are prob 3 or 4" so not rubber bands but not full size tires either
Old 09-20-2009, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

I'm sure someone here with a WRX will have a full size spare. I've got two for the Forester, but they're a little bigger than WRX sizes. You can just go fairly slow on the dirt. It really shouldn't be a problem at all.

PETE, you should update the first post of the thread just in case we have a few more interested parties!

-Brian

Quick Reply: Redwood Rendezvous #7