Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
So, any caravan footage yet ?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:27 AM

Car Info: 2012 OBP STi Hatchback
Originally Posted by subysteez
So, any caravan footage yet ?
It is on the way... my computer is finishing the upload as I am writing. it should be up on my next post within minutes with a you tube link
Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by mickaeld

It is on the way... my computer is finishing the upload as I am writing. it should be up on my next post within minutes with a you tube link
The anticipation is killing me !
Old 08-14-2013, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 2008 STI Hatch
Originally Posted by subysteez

The anticipation is killing me !
Lmao! My thought exactly
Old 08-14-2013, 12:14 PM

Car Info: a Scoobie
Video......plz
Old 08-14-2013, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by bayuncotracho99
Video......plz
I am working on it. Apparently you cant watch it from a smartphone or tablet only on computer... I am fixing it.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 PM

Ok here we go guys!!! Apparently visible from a desktop computer only though...

Enjoy!! I will be posting another one soon!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 PM

Video Link: http://youtu.be/S8YLp3_pbBY
At work now....no pc :'(
Old 08-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Also at work... no youtube
Old 08-14-2013, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 2008 STI Hatch

BAM XIII - iClub North Bay - YouTube
Great video and music too!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:43 PM

Car Info: 2012 PBP STI
Originally Posted by AccordingToAlex
Consider this:

Your car, though similar to Ben's, is quick yet refined with the mods you've done. Getting the car into first gear from a stop is fairly easy, and the overall driving experience is reserved. Then, when chaos is needed, your car seamlessly transitions from a reserved daily driver to a fuel hungry, torque vectoring monster.

Ben's car however, is indeed much quicker than yours, but as a result lacks the simple amenities we take for granted with our mostly stock setups. Ben has to monitor certain drivetrain temperatures and other various meters through a Cobb AP before he decides to do anything wild or he might prematurely wear down his investment. Getting the car into first gear from a stop requires the skills akin to Lewis Hamilton, because his clutch, like F1 cars, is either engaged or disengaged. Then, when chaos is needed, Ben doesn't have to do sh¡t, because his car is a menace to society even when he attempts a reserved driving style.

Just my two cents... :-)

BTW, Ben I'm fairly sure you weren't at Outside Lands this weekend, but I totally saw your twin when I was at the Polo Fields stage.
I was not at Outside Lands, though that would have been fun.

Just to be clear, my car is quite easy to drive, and aside from the throaty idle is subtle when I want it to be. I love your description, but I also don't have to monitor anything differently than normal. That said, everyone should pay attention to their oil level, coolant level, and should look under your hood once in a while to make sure nothing is awry. Just like anything, right after you install it you want to pay more attention than usual to be sure all is well, but outside that I do nothing different than any of you other than cry inside because my car is severely underused compared to what it was built for... If only the CHP just understood that...

As far as how fast it is, not fast enough. I mean I love it, and the pull from the 35R is nice, but I really want to go Twin Scroll and get that Carbon Fiber Driveshaft. THEN my car will make me giggle.... right now it just makes me smile

This is also of course ignoring the money factor. Being where I am, those of you that are having fun on the cheap, you are winning
Old 08-15-2013, 03:36 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Originally Posted by frost0fractal
That said, everyone should pay attention to their oil level, coolant level, and should look under your hood once in a while to make sure nothing is awry. Just like anything, right after you install it you want to pay more attention than usual to be sure all is well
couldnt agree more! I installed my Cobb intake and about a week later I popped the hood just to look around and check the oil before driving to tahoe and... the entire filter had fallen off! It was sitting there, thankfully, and I made sure it was a LOT tighter this time. So far, no issues but I agree with you!

those of you that are having fun on the cheap, you are winning

I dont know if you could classify the $4000 Ive already spent on my WRX "cheap" but I suppose compared to say... YOU then I suppose you are right!

I certainly LOVE driving my WRX, in fact I spend more on GAS than I do on food because I will just jump in the car and drive around for hours just cause I can.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 PM

I was not at Outside Lands, though that would have been fun.

Just to be clear, my car is quite easy to drive, and aside from the throaty idle is subtle when I want it to be. I love your description, but I also don't have to monitor anything differently than normal. That said, everyone should pay attention to their oil level, coolant level, and should look under your hood once in a while to make sure nothing is awry. Just like anything, right after you install it you want to pay more attention than usual to be sure all is well, but outside that I do nothing different than any of you other than cry inside because my car is severely underused compared to what it was built for... If only the CHP just understood that...

As far as how fast it is, not fast enough. I mean I love it, and the pull from the 35R is nice, but I really want to go Twin Scroll and get that Carbon Fiber Driveshaft. THEN my car will make me giggle.... right now it just makes me smile

This is also of course ignoring the money factor. Being where I am, those of you that are having fun on the cheap, you are winning

Ima gonnna tell u this, if u are NOT satisfy with ur STi the way it is.... Well ur.simply crazy!!!! Ur car Ben is so nice, nd besides that, fast as ****! Nd u want it faster? Well sir if that's what u want do it! Nd then let me ride in the passenger seat hahahaha
Id jst be happy with an intake, dp, stage 2, nd some suspension work ..... nd than i stop there haha
Old 08-15-2013, 06:15 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Have you guys got a meet going yet
Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Deniz1980
Have you guys got a meet going yet
North Bay meets occur on the first weekend of the month and again on the 3rd weekend. The first weekend of the month consists of a drive or event that is agreed upon by everyone here. BAM will be August's event for the first meet (although technically it's the second weekend of the month). Our second meet, at the Starbuck's in Novato (132 Vintage Way) is going to be on the 24th @7pm. You can check the monthly schedule*here. I keep it updated with events and the schedule of meets.

Quick Reply: MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going!