Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

Primedia Annouces its new TV show "Super 2NR TV"

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 05:37 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Primedia Annouces its new TV show "Super 2NR TV"

PRIMEDIA ANNOUNCES SUPER 2NR TV TO AIR ON TNN
BEGINNING JANUARY 4, 2003

New television series goes behind the scenes and brings today’s billion-dollar
performance-car market to life with an ‘MTV-like approach’

ANAHEIM, CA -- PRIMEDIA, the world’s largest targeted media company, announces a joint production deal with TNN (The “New” National Network) to air SUPER 2NR TV— a groundbreaking television series offering an exclusive look at the products and lifestyle of today’s billion-dollar performance-car market. The series offers a fast-paced format and content designed to appeal to a rapidly growing number of young enthusiasts. The first segment is scheduled to air on Saturday, January 4, 2003.

PRIMEDIA’s International Performance Group of magazines— Import Tuner, Sport Compact Car, Super Street, Turbo & High-Performance, Honda Tuning, european car, eurotuner, VW Trends, and Car Audio and Electronics—are the inspiration and foundation for SUPER 2NR TV. SUPER 2NR TV will feature the culture, lifestyle, music and cars that made movies like The Fast and The Furious box office blockbusters while retaining the credibility of its magazine brands. Hosted by knowledgeable industry insiders Eric and Marc Kozeluh, SUPER 2NR TV will reach more than 87 million households on TNN every Saturday and Sunday with each 30-minute episode taking a fresh and unique insider look at this burgeoning new generation of “hot rods” and the lifestyle surrounding one of today’s fastest growing automotive segments.

“PRIMEDIA is no newcomer to television. We have the capability and the means to successfully integrate our leading International titles into this medium,” explains Craig Nickerson, president and CEO of PRIMEDIA’s Automotive Enthusiast and Action Sports Group. “As the number one special-interest publisher in the United States, we have unique resources and unprecedented access which enables us to offer viewers a rare vantage point,” he adds.

Targeting the 16 to 30 year-old auto enthusiast market, SUPER 2NR TV is the first television program of its kind, says show Executive Producer and EVP of PRIMEDIA Televsion, Marc Krigsman. SUPER 2NR TV will play off its best-selling magazines and supporting websites while expanding their content and incorporating millions of readers into a nationally televised program.

Industry expert Chris James of PPG Motorsports adds, “The tuner market is rapidly becoming the most influential automotive enthusiast group created by today’s youth. Support it and follow it, but no one can dictate it to these young kids. The need for feature television is clearly evident from the outbreak of mass video productions, covering the entire gamut surrounding this industry.”

One of the world's most innovative media companies, PRIMEDIA is pioneering the concept of targeted scale through its combination of traditional and new media properties. The company capitalizes on its focused content across print, television, the Internet and live events to offer highly effective integrated advertising and marketing solutions in some of the most sought after advertising demographic sectors including teens, automotive, outdoor, luxury, real estate and business-to-business segments. With 2001 sales from continuing businesses of $1.6 billion, PRIMEDIA is the #1 special interest magazine publisher in the U.S., producing more advertising and editorial pages through its more than 250 titles than any other media company. It is also the #1 producer/distributor of specialty video with 18 satellite and digital video product lines including Channel One Network.

Eric Williams (714) 939-2424
Melanie Crandall (208) 578-0013
Old 01-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Hmm... Thats interesting...

- Alex
Old 01-02-2003, 09:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: GC8 v5 Impreza
Another "High Rev Tuners"?
Old 01-02-2003, 03:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX
watch for me on Saturday, ...i'll be on the show. ...don't laugh, ...i'm never good on TV.
Greg
Old 01-04-2003, 10:46 PM

I like how it has more technical info on it. WAY BETTER THEN high rev tuners. yeah thta wierd background multiple camera stuff should go, but they gotta show the execs that they are "hip and mtv like"

the one quirk that bothered me was that on some segments the volume levels were way off.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX
D'oh! I ended up being on Sunday's show, the "Street Rides" car. LOL
Greg
Old 02-01-2003, 08:30 PM

Car Info: 00 2.5RS
I like the shows so far, but those background effects have to go.It almost made me sick!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
So far i love TNNs lineup.

I'm not into V8s like i used to be, but i really liked the stuff TNN is putting on. I like this show also, i watched them do a b18 motor swap, and then dyno it, and they never skipped a beat doing so. I hadn't realised where the camshafts where, and saw the show, and thought that's not too hard to change there... and then saw Alex's car in the shop, and saw his Cams before he put the cover on, and man, it's the same but sideways... so i think i walked aways some great visuals from that show. I am definatly going to be watching it when i can. The engine swap was cleanly done, and the information given was awesome. very detailed. I really liked it. Do some Subaru work! They did mention a flowmaster exhaust was availible for the WRX, so there was some mention about us.

-Gagan
Old 03-10-2003, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru WRX MBP w v7!!
Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
Alright guys, we need your help!!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jacob Leveton, I work here at Primedia. The shows have gone pretty well so far, but we're looking at ways we can improve them. We've gotten some feedback from various different people, and have already put some changes into motion. Now we want to hear from a different crowd, and you guys are the lucky ones!

Please watch this weekend's episodes - Saturday at 12:30 and Sunday at 12 noon (check local listings, may vary slightly especially if you have satillite) and let us know what you liked, what you disliked, and what you would change. This weekend has features from the Tokyo Auto Salon, LA Auto Show, CES show in Vegas, a test drive of a VW R32, brake and chip upgrades on a GTI, and a look into an Import Tuner Cover Model shoot. It is a repeat of last weeks episodes, next week will be 2 brand new episodes.

If you'd like to contact me directly, you can email me at jacob.leveton@primedia.com . Thank you very much for your help and cooperation!

I just wanted to chime in here since I have watched about 4 episodes of this show.

My Opinion:

My background:
24, Male, Computer Engineer for Wireless Communications Company.

My Target Car Choice:
2004 WRX

Overall, I would have to say that I am not thrilled about this show. In MY opinion, this is the type of show that typecasts the type of people associated with the 'tuner' crowd. I just really DO NOT like a what it is portraying.

What is looks like it is trying to be:
It looks like it is supposed to be a relaxed atmosphere with the latest and greatest from around the 'import' scene. Bring in some original views of import cars and what goes on showing multi-faceted sides of the 'sport'. Add this to some guys who in the know and some nice machines with varying topics.

What I get out of it:

Other than being in that HIDEOUS "Power Block" with that annoying red head that gives female journalist a bad name.. it just seems to be too over the top and 'im cool.' I am sure those guys might be all 'in the know', but they just come off as burned out wanna be white rappers. I don’t know, the hosts just really turn me off to the show.

Instance that just seemed off:

* I mean, they let a 16 year old kid drive a 350z (with his dad.. I know I know). Just seems like it is aiming at a younger target audience.

* The wasted cinematics with auto shows. LESS party techno stuff, and more cars and information. I could careless to see people break dancing, DJing or dancing in soap bubbles.

* The interviews seem so cliché. He's got blah blah blah parts. This is another blah blah Supra. This makes [high number] dyno HP. Woo. Take the thing to the track they constructed the car for and show us what that means. I can read the rest in a magazine. Show me what the media was intended for.. to entertain me!! not to be a rehash of the same magazine I just read this month.

* Are we ever going to give out any useful info to the viewers? Are you testing parts? Are you offering comparisons? Are you getting that Evo and kicking its butt on TV and show us the REAL performance that other car shows will not do and not show us? No. You just seem to be showing us the same thing that was in the latest magazine you did this month.

* Less twin goon hosts, and let them show what they know. Show some cool ideas/mods.. anything useful. I don’t want another eye candy show about numbers.. parts.. blah blah blah.

*Great, you got in the R32s. You went down a road while talking. You said that turbo > supercharger. Wow. How informative. Did you tell what was up with the car in a clean distinct voice that didn't make me wanna slap the host up-side the head? No. Did you do anything with these performace oriented cars other than drive them down the street while talking to show off the huge windshield banner? No. Did you compare them with their closest rivals [WRX, SRT-4, SVT Foci] No.
Nice cars.. but dont waste my time with nothing entertaining or useful.

Sorry if this didn’t make a directed cohesive thought. I only see it once a week, and it has been a while since I sat down and watched it. You aren't giving me anything I can't see done better in another TV show.

Verdict::

I asked my wife what she thinks of when she saw that show. Her response:

"The Fast and the Furious"

In case you have not gleaned from the 'culture', that is NOT a compliment.

I DONT get up during Car and Driver. I stay there until that 30 minutes is over.

I WILL get up during Super 2NR TV [stupid name].

It just doesn’t hold my attention when the hosts starting acting like dorks instead of car enthusiasts.

Whadda I forget?

PEACE... gei...

Last edited by dowroa; 03-10-2003 at 07:16 PM.