Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

turn off running lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 05 sti blue
runing lights

the switch on top of the stearing coullum turns them off/on on subies
Old 04-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by yamaharacerx
does anybody know how to turn off the running lights.
If you are referring to the day time running light (makes your headlights turn-on all the time) on the WRX there is a device that you can unplug and the daytime running lights will be off. Check on Scoobymods.com. it is located on the right hand side of the car closed to the heat shield.. I think that would be the same for the legacy. It's a silver box with a plug
Old 04-17-2005, 08:48 AM

Car Info: Sline
What year Legacy? I have an '04 and there is a button on the left side of steering column, right next to the cruise button. I have my lights on all day with the running lights and the button pushed in keeps the lights on all the time. If you have the button on the top of ur steering column on, your lights will be on while the car is off. That's all that button is good for.

Jack
Old 04-20-2005, 11:15 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the reply. Ya I didn't make myself that clear. I am talking about turing off the day time running lights. I hate driving around with them on, when it's blue skies and 80 degrees. I look for that silver box but if I turn them off can I still turn my headlights on from the regular headlight switch in the car.

O ya it's a 2000 legacy sedan GT.

Jack- I don't have that button there but recently I took off that panel and found that there is a harness plugged into the piece of plastic where there should be a button, I though it was a little wierd at the time.

Check out my cardomain page at http://members.cardomain.com/subidude
Yeah.. the main purpose of the silver box is to have your headlights turn on automatically when you car is on. But if you unplug it your headlights will still work, it just won't turn on by itself. Look at scoobymod.com for detail. That silver box thing is only in cars that have are equipped with the day time running light. In the US day time running light is not mandatory so it is not present in most of the scooby. I have Canadian model, which in Canada we have to have day time running lights on all the time. Since I moved to CA.. I can unplugged the device. But I think it's is much safer to have it on.. cos sometime if you forget to turn your headlights on.. there is a high chance that ppl will not see you. The reason I did mine was so that I can drive around with a foglights on without turning on the headlights.. hehee
Old 04-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Wow, I don't know how much I can thankyou. It works and it is awsome. Now I need to fiquire out how to run my fog lights with just my corner lights on and the headlights off.

So anybody who wants to turn off there Day time running lights go to. Scoobymods.com and search the forum under lights and I think it was 3rd from the top.
Scoobymods have the foglights rewiring without headlights on too.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 2004 San Remo Red WRX w/ Premimu package, Security package, and Short Throw shifter
The moral of this thread should be:
Thou shalt check scoobymods before posting mod questions
Old 04-22-2005, 06:26 AM

Car Info: Sline
To turn on ur side lights and running lights, turn ur headlight switch one click up (parking lights), and then just click on the button for your fog lights.

Jack