Where would you want to live?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Where would you want to live?

Disclaimer: I love Hawaii, and love the people here. No two ways about it.

If all of you could magically snap your fingers and transplant yourself, your family, and all your earthly goodies to anywhere in the U.S. where would it be and why?

I figure most of you will want to stay here (otherwise you'd be somewhere else already, right?) but speaking as someone who has lived on this rock near 30 years (only went away 4 years for college) I'm getting some serious island fever.

It may have something to do with being poor, but I can be poor anywhere...

I think if I were to move I'd go back to somewhere on the West coast, but not Cali. Maybe Oregon or Washington state. Possibly Vegas (even though I hate the sun/heat).

What's a good place for a techie/gearhead who likes suburban/mountains/forests over tropical/beaches/ocean?

This is just a hypothetical question... No plans, just wonderin'.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Pr0n King

P.S. I have to keep in mind that while I'm 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 Caucasian I look pretty darned Mexican so I want to stay out of San Diego and Texas for fear of being deported accidentally.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I love Hawaii, but the are many reasons why we couldn't stay here, foremost would obviously be that we go where the Army tells us to. Expense would be another, and for me, the lack of roads and tracks...and for Kath, the lack of Target and the Macaroni grill.

My favorite place would be San Fran, but I think that economy and the overcrowdedness would be why we probably wouldn't live there.

Next would be Phoenix. I love the hot.

Lastly would probably be the midwest. It's like the Army...I pretty much hate it, but it's because it's comfortable and familiar.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Where would I ...

I would like to live in New Zealand, spent two monthes there and loved it the coast are so different one is nice and sandy and the other is all rocks, drift wood exact opposite. Friendly people too. Plus got to see some nice Subys, Skylines, and FTO I thought FTO's were just a made up car on a video game I was wrong mind you this was like 4 or 5 years ago...
Old 09-01-2003, 10:30 PM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
I like the Pac NW area or Colorado.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Cannon Beach, Oregon. It's a small one street town. Super mellow over there. Or down the coast in Licnoln City, just cause of the skateparks, don't know if you skate.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Central Oregon!!!!!

Back home to Bend!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:56 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
You can get some incredible deals on land in Vegas, but the crappy weather is a big minus. Besides, I have a hard time getting out here. I don't think the wife would let me out at all if we lived in Vegas.

There really isn't anywhere else in the US I'd rather live. I would like to live in Japan at some point though.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:01 PM

I was gonna say San Diego, but your right about the deporting thing. I was thinking about Vegas also, but the lack of IT jobs there kinda puts it out of the question. That's unless I get buff and become a male dancer or something!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:23 AM
Pr0n King

Reg - you're already our local link to the Adult Video world... Why not just set up a triple-decker house of hedonism? Sex Toy/Strip Club/Massage Parlor all in a 3-level house of ill repute. You'd be a good "papa-san".

Looks like Seattle and Oregon get a lot of votes. Interesting. I bet they have some hard assed emissions laws in Oregon though. It'd be hard to drive a souped up car there I'd bet.

What about the bible belt? Think Erin and I would be chased by "ghosts" on horseback down the interstate for trying to bring diversity into the collective harmony?

Georgia? (I'd like to see Road Atlanta).

I think if I talked to Pat for a little while I could get myself to like NASCAR.

Jimmy went to UTI in Arizona. He had some pretty good things to say about it (except for the heat).

Hmmm...
Old 09-02-2003, 01:30 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Looks like Seattle and Oregon get a lot of votes. Interesting. I bet they have some hard assed emissions laws in Oregon though. It'd be hard to drive a souped up car there I'd bet.
Nope!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Pr0n King

So you wanna be my Oregon tour guide?

I remember Oregonians hating us "marauding" college kids from Cali. when we used to take road trips across the border.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:05 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Florida, Cali (southern or bay area), maybe Arizona,

... Tennessee is really nice, most people I know that have never been there, that end up going there, never leave, ... but growing up there, I just don't want to go back. I think it's weird how people want to go back to where they came from (what's the 'name' for that?), ... I just feel like if it were for me in the first place, I would've never left.

Oh, and Richard, you don't have to worry about being deported there, one of my best friends growing up is Hawaiian, he never had problems, .... and he always scored a mass amount of chics!!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:07 AM
Pr0n King

Alright, that's it. I'm all over that, Sean!

Quick Reply: Where would you want to live?