Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
let me guess, cat inefficiency?
Nope, disabled in the map.

i say again what happened to the old school days when men (and ladies who wanted to be men) owned subarus. if you don't know then don't go simple as that. you gonna listen to arguments from both sides then ultimately throw the parts on because you bought them and you'll just take the risk. whats the worst that can happen? you break something and get to buy more upgrades? sounds like a plan to me, but then i'm from the era of men subaru owners not the gender bending paranoid lady-boys we got today.
You want to talk old school days? My original engine management had to have an add-on module if you wanted to control boost. Yes, that's right, a separately sold, plug in module.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
let me guess, cat inefficiency?

Boost creep is not as common as you would think in the warm weather of Hawaii.*I've experienced it a few times in the early mornings during the cool winter months, in the high 50 degrees. Oh and btw I was tuned when it happened. Even tuned you cannot 100% tune out boost creep and spike. It's a design flaw where the air just can't pass through the iwg efficiently, there for hitting the turbine.Want no boost creep? Go Ewg.....
I like in higher elevation/colder weather and anyone who lives in schofield can tell you, the weather here is alot different from a lot of other parts on the island. I moved here from cali last sept and yes it wad a big issue there due to climate changes during the seasons.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by moto96793

I like in higher elevation/colder weather and anyone who lives in schofield can tell you, the weather here is alot different from a lot of other parts on the island. I moved here from cali last sept and yes it wad a big issue there due to climate changes during the seasons.
Yup that's where it happen to me in the pineapple fields
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM

Car Info: Impreza STI Sedan 2011
Originally Posted by zao96854
12 wrx invidia turbo back cat less q300 exhaust. map said u needed high flow dp how bad will it be to run it with catless till i can get a re tune.
Run it with the normal ots map and data log or watch with a boost gauge if you spike/ boost creep. If it does because you overspooling the turbo beyond the map, download and re-flash the LWG (low wastegate) ots map from Cobb. Then recheck if u are spiking. If u still are, gotta take off the downpipe and wait till a protune is available. Another option is you can get a tune from pdx through online which will require u to list your mods and data log. But a live protune would be better. Finally, the safest is to just wait till a protune is available and then install your parts, that way you don't blow your engine guarentee LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM

Car Info: 2015 Forester 2.5i 6 spd manual
Originally Posted by Tech998
Run it with the normal ots map and data log or watch with a boost gauge if you spike/ boost creep. If it does because you overspooling the turbo beyond the map, download and re-flash the LWG (low wastegate) ots map from Cobb. Then recheck if u are spiking. If u still are, gotta take off the downpipe and wait till a protune is available. Another option is you can get a tune from pdx through online which will require u to list your mods and data log. But a live protune would be better. Finally, the safest is to just wait till a protune is available and then install your parts, that way you don't blow your engine guarentee LOL
Good advice right there