sr40 package

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 11:13 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
If others can do it, then I dont see a problem. But at the same time, you can get 650's and raise the fuel pressure too. That is another solution to getting more fuel. Or buy fuel rails. Then if thats not enough, raise the fuel pressure of that. There is more then one way to skin a cat
Old 02-18-2003, 11:14 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
curious

who is doing it, and with what engine management?

Last edited by Nolimit; 02-18-2003 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:16 AM

Here is a start without going to deep into searching.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...t=800+OR+800cc

I'll post a few more after I'm done with work. FYI, I did a search using "800 OR 800cc"

Nolimit, I understand where you are getting at. And I agree. But a properly designed injector will work it's all about the minimum injector on-time (MIOT) being correct for our application.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:25 AM

This is a good potential thread if it ever gets finished... Be on the lookout for this guy.

Here is a great explanation on MIOT and using larger injectors. I learned about MIOT from Corky Bell after getting schooled in this thread

Old 02-19-2003, 01:34 AM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Re: curious

Originally posted by Nolimit
who is doing it, and with what engine management?
Gruppe-S is offering the deal. I'm still not certain what engine management is best for my set-up, but I am leaning more towards Xede due to your opinion.

Right now I'm waiting for a response from Nino. I'm working on a package deal (Perrin Fuel Rail, Walboro Fuel Pump, and APS tmic or Greddy fmic). Nino doesn't carry PE Injectors, but did refer me to another vendor. If Nino can't come through, Richard (Great guy to talk to) from Advtechsport, is willing to work a deal.

Should I go TMIC or FMIC. I don't want my bumper hacked away, but I did hear that Greddy is a better fit. Also Brian@subaruwrxparts (Also a great guy to talk to) can offer me a deal on the BPM tmic, but I haven't read too much reviews on the product.

Thanks for your guys support!
Chris
Old 02-19-2003, 01:40 AM
Where is my beer?

yeah, I know there are people doing it, ... but at what "level" was my point. I have friends here that are running injectors that big w/a 4cyl, and are going to go bigger, ... BUT they spend a lot of time tuning and also have an AEM. ... and they are low impedance injectors.
Having the proper fuel management system, whatever it may be, is key. These PE 800cc injectors are high impedance too, ... so that's why I issued the fair warning.

IMO, the 650's will be a good injector for him.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Where is my beer?

BPM top mount is nice, ... but if I were you, I'd get the Greddy front mount. with more heat and HP, I just think a fmic is better. plus I love front mounts!!

oh, Mitch thanks for those links, ... I am lazy.

with the XEDE, you wouldn't have to worry about having a rough idle much, b/c of the adjustable breakpoints, etc.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:52 AM
Where is my beer?

In that Autotronic thread, .... as far as I read, ... after they were talking about "no knock detection", etc, people were just like, "screw that, I don't want one" (basically)

.... I just find it funny that no one metioned an option like the J&S Ultra SafeGuard, just reply's about how it's a "tuners" ecu ....

Did I miss anything b/c I quit reading??
Old 02-19-2003, 02:15 AM

My LINK has ignition retard Up to 6 degrees
Old 02-19-2003, 02:15 AM
Where is my beer?

O M G !!!

.... I ended up trying to read that thread, ... and my eyes f_cking hurt! so does my head!
I am Once Again reminded of why I never read on the f_cking **** site, ... what a bunch of smart dipsh*ts.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:55 AM

O M G !!!

.... I ended up trying to read that thread, ... and my eyes f_cking hurt! so does my head!
I am Once Again reminded of why I never read on the f_cking **** site, ... what a bunch of smart dipsh*ts.
No kidding. That thread went to crap quick. Ben stated the the Autronics didn't have knock control as it's a "tuners ECU" meaning keep it out of the reach of n00b's.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Where is my beer?

BTW, ... great place to buy the Greddy frount mount for $885 ... Subaru Store or of course gruppe-s for $895, I guess whoever has it in stock and ships the cheapest.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:16 PM

BTW, ... great place to buy the Greddy frount mount for $885 ... Subaru Store or of course gruppe-s for $895, I guess whoever has it in stock and ships the cheapest.

Thats a tough choice there... Blitz has the better core but poor piping. Greddy has the better piping but less then ideal core. And the Blitz is more expensive too by a hundred or so dollars.

I say APS No cutting of the bumper! But it's not cheap at all.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:20 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Does the Greddy fmic require cutting my Sti V2 bumper? My friend that has a Blitz fmic literally has nothing left on the very bottom of his front bumper. Is there any way to keep my fog lights with the Greddy fmic. If not I think I may go with an APS tmic; the APS fmic is way too much. I made an offer for an MRT fmic on the NASIOC forums, but I think somebody already purchased it.
Hunting for all these parts is not as easy as I thought, but I'm glad I have you guys helping me out.
I have to wait tomorrow again for a quote from Nino. He said he couldn't reach an APS distributer for a quote, but that's o.k.; now I have more time to think which intercooler is a better overall choice.

Thanks a bunch!
Chris
Old 02-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Where is my beer?

Yes, with the Greddy, you have to cut, but I don't know how much of the STi lip you'd have to cut b/c I never really looked at it that close. And no, you won't keep your foglights.

The size difference between the Greddy and Blitz is negligible, not going to matter with your setup. Overall, the Greddy is better IMO.

And yes, the APS f/m kit is sweet! You Will have to trim the front air dam using it also, I'm not sure how much, and you get to keep the fog lights. Also, you will have to buy the APS intake (or know one that will work) to fit it. But it comes with a new bumper bracket that makes installation a bit easier.

The MRT f/m kit is sweet too! You also have to trim your bumper, but retain the fog lights as well. The kit Does come with and intake though.

If you want the fog lights, it narrows your options and raises the cost, as you know. With All of them, you are going to have to do some kind of triming to make it fit.
But if you don't mind losing the lights, the Greddy is the best bang for buck.

Sean

Quick Reply: sr40 package