sr40 package

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 09:39 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Talking

Originally posted by Nolimit
.. oh, and let us know when you get all this stuff! or if you have anymore questions, ..... I still gotta look out for my old car!
No probs. Sean. I'm taking great great care of her. Too bad I didn't get to buy the car directly from you. Like you said, I probably would have heck of a lot more stuff installed and I would of gave you more than what the dealers gave you.

My turbo should be in before the week ends. I'm still trying to make the TXS TMIC deal go through. And I'll probably package a deal with Vishnu for 650cc, walboro fuel pump, fuel rails, and Exede, but the package won't be until after the vacation. Depending on how much I spend at the vacation, I hope I an get everything in by summer.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I think that if the XEDE is better than the UTEC, and it very likely could be, then it's probably because it is simpler to use.

Either way, programmable EM here on the island is still going to be difficult no matter which system you go with with the lack of a dyno. Or am I way off base?

When the WBo2 is up and running, that should be a big step in the right direction for anyone with EM.

Sounds like you're already doing the right thing, Chibby, and maxxing your research. The extra time will ensure you get it perfect.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Thumbs up

Pat don't worry you will get the UTEC down soon.

I just think you need a good EBC!
Old 02-17-2003, 10:47 PM
VIP Member

You're probably right.

I just want somemore facts and I'm relying on Richard to learn for me (I hope to use his mental energy, if possible)

TXS and a real smart dude named Pace are both advocates of the FBC w/ ABC, so I want to know the real data behind their position. I mean, I waited for months on their latest closed loop boost control software and now I have it, so I don't want to forsake it by going with external BC if I can just figure it out. Like you said, my knowledge will probably come, but for now I'm intent on learning the ropes.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
the XEDE is better than the UTEC for more than just ease of use. But you got your UTEC before the XEDE was available anyhow, so .........

and Yes, having the wideband will help tune, we don't need no stinkin dyno!!

We met a guy named Sean (I don't know how he spells his name) at Speedgear this afternoon, he was there with Johnny (WMR), he has a silver WRX done up like Easystreet's, he said he's pretty good at tuning the UTEC, and is on island a few times a month. We can contact Johnny and find out when he's around if you guys are interested in getting him to tune your UTEC, don't know how much it would cost though.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:18 PM

Car Info: Real Slow
Lightbulb

yo,

the guy sean said he's doing it for johnny at $100 per hour. you drive, he sits in the passenger seat and tunes while watching a wo2 and laptop. like the shiv tune.

he sounded like a real utec advocate. so pat and richard, this could be a real good opportunity to get yo $hit tuned!

he said he was going to be at wmr tomorrow and to just ask for him. i think i'll stop by there after work tomorrow and pick his brain. he already gave us some good tips just talking to him.

obtw, his wrx goes 11.3's on the mainland!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

Gotta work tomorrow. If you could, see if you could get some contact info from him.

I'll say this, though. For $100, I'd like to see if I could get some background on him. I can just picture in my head some chucklehead going into the map and obviously not know more than me. Could be an uncomfortable situation.

Oh yeah. How much did Shiv charge everyone, again? I thought he did it from the goodness of his heart. And EVERYONE knows Shiv.

...but 11.3 does sound like pretty good credentials.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Where is my beer?

no, Shiv didn't tune for free.

this guy is for real I think, you guys may be able to work on the price too. He said he's tuned a few rex's with the UTEC.

the ems he uses is MicroTech, same as the Easystreet rex I think, I think they've kinda worked together, or something, I can't remember what he said.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:53 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Guys,
Sounds interesting! I'd be interested in at least meeting the guy and picking his brain. I'm not sure about dropping Presidents like crazy to get him to tune my car - but it's a possibility. I may find some money under the sofa cushions.

Chibby Goku,
Talk about fun! Sounds like you're going to have a WILD RIDE!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:15 PM

Question

Are PE 800cc injectors overkill? It's the same price ($625) as the 650cc.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:25 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Originally posted by Chibby Goku
You can NEVER have too much fuel! Go for it. Fuel is a safety thing.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:31 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
As much as this guy is the real deal, and my friend that works at WMR recommends him. I dont see why anyone would want to pay THAT MUCH for tuning!

We are all trying to learn. This guy also had to do the same and was in the same boat as us at one time. Perhaps he has more experience? But really, is there something that he can do that we can't figure out?

*Mitch silently tunes his own car*
Old 02-18-2003, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by teiva-boy
You can NEVER have too much fuel! Go for it. Fuel is a safety thing.
Thanks for the info. Mitch! I wasn't sure if 800cc would have been too much; especially since the price was the same for the smaller 650cc, but I trust your opinion.

Sorry about my friend Slypihead. I thought he was going to buy your downpipe, but right now he seems discouraged after seeing my car; he thinks he is falling behind and just wanted to quit modding his car. Said he just wanted to be a cuiser now.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-18-2003, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Tuner

I guess the thing that bothers me is that the guy is associated with WMR. Brings back ugly memories. I got called by the Hawaii Consumer Affairs Division today. Can you guess who they're investigating?

San
Old 02-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Where is my beer?

Originally posted by Chibby Goku
800 is overkill, .... and you may have problems having a nice idle. Depends on what engine management you go with as to how well you will be able to get your car to idle.
be careful

Quick Reply: sr40 package