Pulled over today

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 01:06 AM

Car Info: 2016 STI
Pulled over today

I gotta vent somewhere. Who actually goes 55mph? I feel targeted lol but for real though ?! Only one in HOV. & of course the cop on the bike pulls me over. FML. 73 on a 55. Around rush hour on H2. $152 ticket. Fml could've been spent another way. Anyways, is speeding points out here ? Never got a citation from Hawaii since moving here.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:22 AM

That sucks! When I was stationed there a few years back I got pulled over at least 5 times on the H3. Never heard anything about points. That's the one thing I expected to run into when I move back (speeding tickets). Lol
Old 04-07-2016, 11:28 AM

that's what I'm mad about too. like if I got pulled over by H3 the way I was driving a few weeks ago, I definitely would've gotten in way more trouble. The speed limits there are lower. The whole time he was writing me the ticket, in my head, I was just like "I could've been going way faster than 73, but of course I'm the one to get pulled over. :/ but I really hope there's no points. I've had a clean driving history for years.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:58 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
speed limits do need to be updated as you can get caught in a lot of places.,

Likelike, Pali, and H3 are to name a few. Nimitz, Salt Lake Blvd as well.

Most places with 25-35mph are posted limits way too slow as most people drive at least 10mph over that.

However, the legal speed limit is what is posted, so if you drive over that, the police can ticket you for that.

If you're that concerned or frequent these areas, Id suggest getting a good laser detector or ja**er and learn how to use it.
It has saved me many a headaches...
Old 04-07-2016, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
I received a 35mph ticket in a 30 zone about 5 years back.

5am in the morning on the way to work...very little traffic.

I was coming from Kaneohe, as the LikeLike turns into and onto H1, I began speeding up to match traffic speed and got tagged...

I think once the guy saw that I was an old guy just trying to get to work...he felt bad...but I think it was end of month quota time...

I don't know too many cars other Suby's that can go from 30mph to 55mph in such a short stretch...seems kind of dangerous to me to try and merge onto H1 with cars going 60mph+
Old 04-07-2016, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 2013 wrx sedan
i've gotten two tickets and both in the same area off h1 eat where its becomes 45.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 PM

the exact spot i got caught at was H1 west bound, exit 2 Ka Uka. cops are almost always posted there. it's cuz when you're in traffic coming from town, you just wanna go once it clears up :[ lol today i was slow and steady
Old 04-09-2016, 12:14 AM

Anyone, everyone, I have another question, I got pulled over with an out of state ID, i also have a new last name, so my out of state ID (from NJ), has my old name. what's going to happen?
Old 04-11-2016, 01:50 AM

Car Info: Impreza GC8 00' 2.5rs
Originally Posted by STI_MJ
I gotta vent somewhere. Who actually goes 55mph? I feel targeted lol but for real though ?! Only one in HOV. & of course the cop on the bike pulls me over. FML. 73 on a 55. Around rush hour on H2. $152 ticket. Fml could've been spent another way. Anyways, is speeding points out here ? Never got a citation from Hawaii since moving here.
I fought two speeding tickets in my short span of driving, both dismissed (thank God). I've learned there is no "points" just revocation and suspension in the state of Hawaii.

If you want to fight your ticket in my own experience.... (if not don't bother reading)

Things to note when fighting a speeding a ticket
- On a bend (could give a misrepresentation of distance)
- On a hill
- Nearby cars
- Distance where you were tagged (has to be 500ft+)
- Use Google earth to see the distance where officer was in relation to you.
- Study the ticket to see if its written too illegible.

Good luck, buddy!
Old 04-11-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by JayZhu
I fought two speeding tickets in my short span of driving, both dismissed (thank God). I've learned there is no "points" just revocation and suspension in the state of Hawaii.

If you want to fight your ticket in my own experience.... (if not don't bother reading)

Things to note when fighting a speeding a ticket
- On a bend (could give a misrepresentation of distance)
- On a hill
- Nearby cars
- Distance where you were tagged (has to be 500ft+)
- Use Google earth to see the distance where officer was in relation to you.
- Study the ticket to see if its written too illegible.

Good luck, buddy!
Thank you! I'm probably just gonna pay. I didnt tell my significant other, lol because i'm just gonna hear it everyday from him. but my other concern was that the cop took my driver's license, and its from NJ, and has a different name. lol but i dont wanna risk it so i'll probably just pay. :|
Old 04-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 08 Nissan Titan, 12 MazdaSpeed 3, 15 Honda CRV
Originally Posted by STI_MJ
Thank you! I'm probably just gonna pay. I didnt tell my significant other, lol because i'm just gonna hear it everyday from him. but my other concern was that the cop took my driver's license, and its from NJ, and has a different name. lol but i dont wanna risk it so i'll probably just pay. :|
Wait,

Does the police officer have the right to take your out of state driver's license?
Sounds like legitimate reasons you had that would negate a false id albeit an outdated ID
Old 04-13-2016, 12:12 AM

Oh no he didn't "take it". He used it to take my information down. Sorry. Wrong choice of words. But my concern was just, will it still reflect against me since it's my old name and not even this state. I do have a Hawaii State ID. And that name matches my old NJ Id. My NJ drivers license isn't expired yet btw.