no hassle safety check?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Shaggy and 4080wrx are right on all counts. With the mods I had, I NEVER had a problem with Safety ANYWHERE.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 04 ts wagon
Originally Posted by Solhaboy187
your military right? Try {PM me}. they're pretty lax with safety inspections.
Originally Posted by Solhaboy187
yeah dude you definitely need your high beams to pass as it is one of the check blocks on the safety. just buy or plug in your stock headlights. And i know that the rules about suspension are pretty obvious but i know of plenty of people that are pretty damn low and still passed their safety at {Expletive Delete}. of course this means your taking the risk of getting pulled over with no recon and we all now how bad that is.

lol whoops yeah just pm me
pm this guy.../thread
Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
here you go man. I'll make it easy for you to read. and since you know the rules you may want to re read this book I have here.

headlights read above the first highlighted area
Suspension read # 5
I know the headlights were illegal. I agreed with you on that. I only disagreed that they were unsafe. They are not. Nothing on my headlights makes them unsafe, except maybe being too bright but thats any HID and if that were really an issue they wouldnt be legal at all. But in the past year of living here I have never once encountered a situation while driving where I would ever consider using high beams nor have I ever owned a car whose high beams have been brighter or illuminated a wider path than my current low beams. And they cut off at a very reasonable height also, so no issues there

Apparently I was mistaken about the ride height issue, I had it explained to me by someone else and since their car was lowered without recon I assumed they were correct. The utter lunacy of it notwithstanding I was apparently misinformed as to the law.

However, despite that I did end up passing with no changes. And I did not pay anyone to look the other way either, they just saw no problems with what I had. Very smart and reasonable of them I think.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:42 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
No worries man. But make sure u tell the guy who told u the false info to stop saying that to ppls hahaha. And one last FYI aftermarket HID's are illegal. Lots of ppls have them and pass with them but that still doesn't make them legal.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by usmcrockstar
I know the headlights were illegal. I agreed with you on that. I only disagreed that they were unsafe. They are not. Nothing on my headlights makes them unsafe, except maybe being too bright but thats any HID and if that were really an issue they wouldnt be legal at all. But in the past year of living here I have never once encountered a situation while driving where I would ever consider using high beams nor have I ever owned a car whose high beams have been brighter or illuminated a wider path than my current low beams. And they cut off at a very reasonable height also, so no issues there

Apparently I was mistaken about the ride height issue, I had it explained to me by someone else and since their car was lowered without recon I assumed they were correct. The utter lunacy of it notwithstanding I was apparently misinformed as to the law.

However, despite that I did end up passing with no changes. And I did not pay anyone to look the other way either, they just saw no problems with what I had. Very smart and reasonable of them I think.
No need to justify things with us, as long you pass, that's all that matters.
And it seems like pass you did -- congrats!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
No worries man. But make sure u tell the guy who told u the false info to stop saying that to ppls hahaha. And one last FYI aftermarket HID's are illegal. Lots of ppls have them and pass with them but that still doesn't make them legal.
Well, I dont know about the legality of the kit I have but it is most definitely a peice of ****... plus I dont think whoever installed them knew what they were doing. When I turn them on, about half the time only one ignites and I have to flick them on and off like 4-5 times before both will come on and I have no idea why. Plus they aren't even the right bulbs, theyre 9004s which is why the high beams dont work. Probably a crappy ebay kit...
Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
Originally Posted by usmcrockstar
Well, I dont know about the legality of the kit I have but it is most definitely a peice of ****... plus I dont think whoever installed them knew what they were doing. When I turn them on, about half the time only one ignites and I have to flick them on and off like 4-5 times before both will come on and I have no idea why. Plus they aren't even the right bulbs, theyre 9004s which is why the high beams dont work. Probably a crappy ebay kit...
has nothing to do with install. thats what ****ty cheap kits do you ballast is going out.. one day flicking the lights wont work at all