need recon

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 02:40 AM

ohh yeah dude..forgot to ask you if you did good during the spring session or not? me..ok. so out of you and marcus, whos car is gonna be faster..haha..99' or 04'.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:06 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
1. An affidavit does take a week, but only because it has to get notorized. It doesn't go to the state. If you are a customer of a particular shop, sometimes you get it free. If you buy something form a shop that requires recon, usually it's included... Rims for example, and exhausts as well. Most times though it's like $20-40. Dont go to Eurosport, it's a ripoff. It takes some 3 minutes to fill out the stupid form for recon and half the time the shop doesn't really even look at the car if you have been there a lot of times. Heck Sonic Motorsports just filled it out with out going out side and just asked what I had installed.

2. If your license is too low, mount the license on the bottom most holes so it's raised on top of your bumber. You can change it later

3. If your stock wheels are 1.5" +/- from stock, then you need recon. Dom, how'd you get 15%?

4. Yes you need to have an intact bumber beam if you have an FMIC. And the foam supports that go into the bumper.

5. 2" of suspension travel is about right. They will just push down on the car and see if it will compress. Ask islandx about this

6. Camber bolts will not raise your vehicle. But it will let you get an alignment that is "within factory spec" which is what you need to pass recon with a lowered vehicle.

Just wanted to clear some things up...
Old 06-18-2003, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by Huby
i thought you need a 2 inch play on your suspension....my rear has about an inch between the fender and tire....what are these camber bolts?? will they raise my ride height?? thanx

hugh
Fender or inner fender ? cause you don't need a 2 in gap....you need to be able to compress the suspension 2 in. Which is really stupid cause their way of measuring 2 in. is by pressing down on the front and rear bumper, as if this would generate enough force to recreate real world driving forces on your suspension Show me a car that has 2in of travel by their method and I'll show you a Buick/Cadilac.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by islandx
Fender or inner fender ? cause you don't need a 2 in gap....you need to be able to compress the suspension 2 in. Which is really stupid cause their way of measuring 2 in. is by pressing down on the front and rear bumper, as if this would generate enough force to recreate real world driving forces on your suspension Show me a car that has 2in of travel by their method and I'll show you a Buick/Cadilac.
The two inches of travel is what I have issues with as well. I failed the first time because of this, and it's a joke how they "test" it. The second time I went in, the lady tested it--a 4 feet tall 100 pound lady. So she was pushing the car down, then looking at it, then she would push some more... I asked her if they had a big sole working who could push down the car instead. I guess she thought I funny or something, so I passed. As for my suspention travel, I wan't able to demonstrate any more than a half inch.

Huby-- If you go, I suggest you get the lady to inspect your car and flirt with her like crazy! It worked for me
Old 06-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
As for me I wan't able to demonstrate any more than a half incher. So she was pushing down, then looking at it, then she would push some more... I guess she thought it was funny or something, so I passed.
Huby-- If you go, I suggest you get the big sole to inspect your car and flirt with him like crazy! It worked for me

Old 06-18-2003, 02:48 PM

Old 06-18-2003, 03:04 PM

thanx for all the reply guys....i currently have KYB AGX's and tien mediums...i don't know how soft i can get my set up to have a 2 inch play...i thought you needed a 2 inch gap between your fender and your tire...i guess i don't have to change out my rear suspension then....how much does the rear license plate have to be?? since i took my sounds out and always run 1/4 tank gas my rear isn't as low as when i first got the setup....do i need an affidavit for my suspension?? or just alignment?? i'm not as good looking as boloheadrat so i don't think the flirt thing will work for me....

hugh