Kona Motorsport Park needs your help! Email your support!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Kona Motorsport Park needs your help! Email your support!

If you're interested in supporting a brand new motorsports facility in Kona...then please send an email to DLNR in support of this project. I have provided my template to make it easy.

Aloha HRA members,

I have just been informed that the County's request to begin EIS studies for the KMP site will be voted on THIS Friday, March 28th by the Board of Land & Natural Resources (BNLR) in Honolulu.

And that's GOOD!

BUT... the coconut wireless also tells me that a major letter/Email campaign AGAINST BNLR approval has also begun today. These folks have a LOT of time on their hands and could KILL the County's request on Friday. I have no idea how these people found out about the BNLR meeting and the County's request for the KMP land, but they are ON IT bigtime and we need YOU, and as many folks as you can contact, to get a POSITIVE Fax/Email off to the BNLR.

I know it's very short notice, but we must get as many letters (short notes will do) to BNLR as SOON as possible - written testimony is due by NOON THURSDAY!

What we're asking for is:

1. BNLR approval of the County's request to begin an EIS of the proposed motorsport park site.

2. You may want to give YOUR reasons for wanting/needing this recreational facility in West Hawai'i.

Keep it short and honest. We may not be as eloquent as those that oppose the KMP, but remind the BNLR that we're just regular working local folks who don't often write to our legislators.

WRITE TODAY TO:

Department of
Land and Natural Resources

BLNR FAX: 1-808-587-0390
or...
Email: dlnr@hawaii.gov

Please CC, or BCC, me copies of your Email and I will take copies with me on Friday when I go over to testify on our behalf.

Mahalo - Paul

Paul Maddox, President
HRA Inc
76-810 'Io Place
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
zoom@kona.net

Keep it short and simple...email or fax DLNR: dlnr@hawaii.gov

Also CC Paul Maddox: zoom@kona.net

Feel free to modify my email.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am in full support of Kona Motorsports Park. I ask that the Board of Natural Resources (BNLR) approve of the County's request to begin an EIS of the proposed motorsports park site.

FILL IN YOUR REASONS FOR SUPPORT!

Thank you for your time and consideration,

FILL IN YOUR NAME!