HPD arresting for speeding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 01:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Umm well here is the story on this gay, gay move by the HPD. They lawmakers of hawaii were attempting to make it a felony to speed in excess of 30 MPH, but the law got shot down. HPD was so mad that they decided that they would exploit laws on the books to further punish speeders. Basically according to the newspaper you can be arrested, or charged with reckless driving, which may not get you arrested, but will get you a much more expensive ticket if there is anyone else on the road. So if you are driving on the H3 at 3AM with no one else on the road you probably don't run much of a risk. I got a stupid $202 ticket 2 weeks ago. It makes me soooo mad. I was late for my flight class at the airport and I got clocked going 83 in a 55. Well I have always respected cops until I met the HPD, many of these guys are jokes. Not all mind you, but there is way to much BS going on in the HPD.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
83 is pretty fast.... and there are usually cops around the airport hiding behind pillars and onramps. sneaky cops. Idk how many times people used to try and race me in my old car around that area. I never give in, but laugh when I see them get pulled over. True, many cops will pull you over for some very minor infractions.....like failing to stop completely at a stopsign.....(it's happened to me)
Old 04-30-2004, 11:37 PM

Car Info: STI
I'm guessing 28 mph over the speed limit will get you a ticket in most places....especially in an area known for speeding.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:11 AM

I'm not gonna say that I'm all for cracking down on excessive speeders, hell I'd be a hipocrit if I claimed to never open 'er up once in awhile. But this speed trap BS needs to go. I just got a ticket for doing 40 in a 25 on dole street past UH near the park and St Louis Heights. It was the typical downhill, around a blind turn, should be a 35 zone speed trap. Had 6 officers and their respective vehicles there so I know it was a speed trap. Worst of all it was in my 93L, I was working, and I had my Papa Johns Car topper on. Oh well
Old 05-01-2004, 01:41 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally posted by islandx
Worst of all it was in my 93L, I was working, and I had my Papa Johns Car topper on. Oh well
go to court- (if u have a clean record)
or write a letter along with pictures and circumstances.
and mail it to the judge
Old 05-01-2004, 03:09 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
One more reason to leave...........
Old 05-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Big Baller

Car Info: 93 BG5, 00&01 GM6, 06LGT, 07STi
screw HPD.
You guys can have 'em.

I got arrested for a crime I supposedly commited 10 days prior.
Getting arrested 10 days later is lame. It wasn't like I had a warrant for 10 days. They completed the paperwork, then called me. Asked me when it was a "good time" for me to be arrested.
I said "never's a great time!"
However the officer was really nice and very patient with me.
This was for yelling at my (now ex) wife. I asked:" don't you usually arrest people who are a threat to others?"

He agreed it was silly, but the law is the law.

Gay, FLAMING GAY, pole smoking laws in Hawaii.
Gooooooooooo RECON!
Old 05-02-2004, 12:39 PM

Location: Your friendly neighborhood Marine Corps recruiting station! (Pearlridge Mall by Banditos)
Originally posted by gdogg
go to court- (if u have a clean record)
or write a letter along with pictures and circumstances.
and mail it to the judge
Greg,

Does that really work? My wife just got a ticket in the Suby yesterday on the H3... speeding. But she's never had a ticket in her life. If she wrote a letter or went to court would she be able to get it dismissed? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

-Neale
Old 05-03-2004, 03:50 AM

Originally posted by JDM_SAL
Greg,

Does that really work? My wife just got a ticket in the Suby yesterday on the H3... speeding. But she's never had a ticket in her life. If she wrote a letter or went to court would she be able to get it dismissed? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

-Neale
not always. i fiance wrote a letter which was declined. my dad wrote one which was dismissed. where exactly was this ticket? 2 years ago i got a ticket inbetween the 2 tunnels(kaneohe side) 62in45.(of which i kindly asked the cop "not to show up in court" (he didn't) depending how many miles she was going over- it won't hurt to try. when i went to court last monday the majority of the speeding fines were reduced. and there were like 2 that were dismissed
Old 05-03-2004, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
HPD's only cool when the officer that pulls you over is your cousin or you cousin's cousin
As for neurotrauma fund, it looks like $25 pocket money for traffic court employees
Old 05-03-2004, 04:37 PM

another cop story- ill post here

12:50 pm H3 from kailua to kaneohe. just past the kailua onramp to kaneohe. 8 solo bikes rip past me. i was like yyeeaahh! so i rip it trying to catch up. no chance. as i get within viewing distance(speed undisclosed ) just put it this way... i was driving the sti... and they were getting smaller and smaller.
don't know if you guys remember the accident on the pali involving solo bikes a couple of years back? well anyways if i could have caught up i would have made a citizens arrest!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:52 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Originally posted by islandx
I'm not gonna say that I'm all for cracking down on excessive speeders, hell I'd be a hipocrit if I claimed to never open 'er up once in awhile. But this speed trap BS needs to go. I just got a ticket for doing 40 in a 25 on dole street past UH near the park and St Louis Heights. It was the typical downhill, around a blind turn, should be a 35 zone speed trap. Had 6 officers and their respective vehicles there so I know it was a speed trap. Worst of all it was in my 93L, I was working, and I had my Papa Johns Car topper on. Oh well
Was this by any chance on Friday? I was going down that way too, after class and saw about that many cops just waiting in front of the park, one w/his gun out. good thing for the traffic or else I would probably have been caught in a rush.