Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Interesting: Mel Gibson's arresting officer was a Jew.. he had his house raided too!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Interesting: Mel Gibson's arresting officer was a Jew.. he had his house raided too!

Awesome... whoever leaked the story is going down!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15243467/
"Gibson leak leads to search of officer’s home
Department reportedly trying to find out how tirade was made public"
Old 10-13-2006, 11:44 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I actually think the person who leaked the story will be rewarded. The cops are not supposed to cover up people's actions just because they are famous...if it was anyone else, they probably would have had COPS on the seen to get it on film. Since it was Gibson, they tried to make it seem like a routine stop...and someone with a good conscience decided to stop the police from giving Mel preferential treatment.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:54 PM

Em, ok??? If he weren't a celebrity nobody would have cared about his drunken tirade.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Maybe, but if it was not a celeb and it had made the news (slow news day or whatever...) they DEFINATLY wouldn't have tried to say it was a routine stop...so noone would have needed to 'leak' the truth. All I'm saying is that the police who were trying to cover up Gibson's actions are far more immoral and wrong than whoever leaked the story...

Sort of like how the marine who leaked that Gitmo guards were bragging about beating prisoners is a better soldier than the guards who were doing the beating, even though she 'told' on here fellow servicemen.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Look at the bigger picture

A) If it wasn't Gibson, we'd never have even known about this. Cops get kicked, punched, and verbally abused every single day. It's part of the job.

B) Who really gives a Sh*t? I guess if I was a lonely housewife with absolutely nothing better to do than a bundle of laundry, I might trouble myself to pass judgement on Mel. But I'm not. All I care about is if the guy makes a movie good enough for me to go pay $10 to see.

C) Preferential treatment? Good for him. I know if it was me that got pulled over I'd be happy as can be if they just let me go. Oh, it's already happened. I've been given preferential treatment. I guess everyone hates me now right? Oh, but I'm not Mel, so nobody cares.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:32 PM

You've been pulled over, while you're driving drunk, then proceeded to yell at and attack a cop and then got let go? Bullsh*t

The preferential treatment is that anyone else, if they assault an officer (including yourself no matter how lucky you are) will get beat down, thrown in a cell, and charged and convicted of assault on an officer. Gibson, even after the publicity of the incident, got off with the same punishment as a person who ONLY commited DUI and cooperated with the arresting officer (AA meetings and a fine).

Is it a huge deal? Hell no. Is Helladumb's assertion that the person who 'leaked' the story is in trouble? Hell no. That's all I was ever addressing in this thread.

Last edited by MVWRX; 10-13-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Sort of like how the marine who leaked that Gitmo guards were bragging about beating prisoners is a better soldier than the guards who were doing the beating, even though she 'told' on here fellow servicemen.
No, persons in the military who leak secrets (and harm our overall cause or intent) should be "suicided."
Old 10-15-2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
No, persons in the military who leak secrets (and harm our overall cause or intent) should be "suicided."

I knew you thought that. What I want to know is why you think that violating internaitonal laws is less harmful to our cause than someone trying to stop us from violating intnl laws.

Basically your stance is that you support a gov't gestapo with no oversite or responsibility for their own actions.