HPD Anti-Speeding Program

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 03:11 AM

Car Info: Storme..
HPD Anti-Speeding Program

Question for anybody with any knowledge... is there any action being taken about this, is this a special program that they are trying to promote? as in commercials or a slogan or something? I've seen the signs at a few of the H1 Exits.

what actually brought me to ask this is that tonight on the H1.. as i passed one of the exit signs, i witnessed a red police car weaving up fast on me and zoom by me. Pretty sure it was a camaro but it was too quick of an instance for me to tell.

i was at 60 so i estimated him going well over 90+.. I just noticed the light on top of his car with no light turned on... usually i wouldnt have thought anything of it but it was just that i was about to switch lanes into that certain lane and right as i turned my head to check my blind spot he startled the crap out of me...

i personally think he should have had his flashers on at LEAST..

it was a very ironic moment..
Old 08-08-2005, 03:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Hey man...just because they're HPD doesn't mean they don't break a law here or there.

No one's a straight shooter. As long as they don't do anything crazy illegal I'm fine with it.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:18 AM

Car Info: Storme..
hehe.. well it WAS pretty damn fast..

EDIT:

then again i drive pretty slow..
Old 08-08-2005, 03:32 AM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
don't u know? cops are above the law
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 AM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
yup, they have the get out of jail pass...
Old 08-08-2005, 12:08 PM

Location: in the shopping cart with the lady from kam starbucks
Car Info: blue 04 STI
yup cops do watever the f*ck they want.. and it's funny how a cop can go 100+, weaving through traffic and can be endangering people's lives but yet when i drop my car just a little or if my car bounces too much the cop pulls me over.. LOL... just a thought

but maybe he was in a rush.. and being a cop.. the flashing lights would of helped...
Old 08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
You guys forget...they do have training to handle the vehicles at high speed. I'm not saying they don't loose control, but they are mostly justified for travelling at high rates of speed. 95% of the regular people on the road have never gone through a road safety course or even a driving school...that's why people who speed get into accidents and cause a lot of problems. Just like the three morons on H-1 friday night going eastbound before the Ewa offramp. Two 2nd gen RX-7's and a Toyota truck sped by me while I was doing 65...the truck lost control ahead of me and spun out, hitting the center concrete divider...idiots...
Old 08-08-2005, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
+100 idiot points to the Toy truck. I like how ppl think they can handle speed and then they f@#* up, good for him.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:04 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
yah, regular people are hella worse at driving.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
hey i think its good that there doing this my friend is a cop talk to him last night.. he was on graveyard on july 29 he was blocking a lane at 2am with flares out cause there was a accident and then while he was sitting in his car a drunk driver hit him in his blue and white and messed up his back. the drunk man was going about 60-65 when he hit my friend on the side of the road with his lights on and flares around. now he's at home cause he can't work for a while now
Old 08-08-2005, 03:36 PM

Car Info: TurboXS BOV, it's all I got... FOR NOW!
Thats horse s**t.... no matter if they went to "special training" or not. If they dont have a justified reason for speeding there is no need for it... PERIOD. How do you think the black cop from Mililani in his black durango got into his "accident." Laws were made for a reason, I've got officers busted for there stupid antics. Thats why u have to drive around with the camcorder! Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:56 PM

Car Info: Aspen White STI
Originally Posted by XcLuSiVe_WRX
Thats horse s**t.... no matter if they went to "special training" or not. If they dont have a justified reason for speeding there is no need for it... PERIOD. How do you think the black cop from Mililani in his black durango got into his "accident." Laws were made for a reason, I've got officers busted for there stupid antics. Thats why u have to drive around with the camcorder! Just my 2 cents.
I'm going to have to agree with that, and also add that it doesn't matter how well you can drive because it's all the other people on the road that you have to worry about. You can have all the training in the world, but when you're driving fast or just plain stupid, you are endangering the lives of everyone around you.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:08 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
what ^^^ 2 fail to understand is that it's part of their jobs. how do you know they aren't responding to a call? how do you know it's not one of your loved ones who was in an accident and needs help. yea it bothers me sometimes when i see a bike cop using the shoulder lane in traffic, or speeding down the freeway. then i think what if i was in trouble and needed help, i sure as #ell wouldn't want them sitting in traffic! these guys are busting their @ss to keep us safe, why are you getting pissed at them because they are doing their job? when you become a cop you can do it too but untill then DEAL WITH IT. (@ss mode off)
Old 08-08-2005, 06:42 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
I think (I may be wrong) what xclusive and zillig are trying to get at is, there is no need to speed for no reason because it endangers everyone around him, except if it's because he is responding to something. If it's because he is responding to a call then that's fine but it also could be that the cop feels that he can do what he wants regardless of laws.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:50 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
what ^^^ 2 fail to understand is that it's part of their jobs. how do you know they aren't responding to a call? how do you know it's not one of your loved ones who was in an accident and needs help. yea it bothers me sometimes when i see a bike cop using the shoulder lane in traffic, or speeding down the freeway. then i think what if i was in trouble and needed help, i sure as #ell wouldn't want them sitting in traffic! these guys are busting their @ss to keep us safe, why are you getting pissed at them because they are doing their job? when you become a cop you can do it too but untill then DEAL WITH IT. (@ss mode off)
9 times out of 10... I don't even see their blue lights flashing... so are they repsonding to a call... only God know. But the blue lights do come in handy when the traffic light is red and cops don't want to wait.

Quick Reply: HPD Anti-Speeding Program