Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Official N/A exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:42 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Talking

Originally Posted by samoht_ackerman
im looking at getting borla headers for my car and flowed by a Stromung Exhaust cat back system and a High flow cat pipe.
question 1 how good will it sound
2 will it fit my 94 1.8 non turbo L sedan
thats the same basic setup i have on my 1.8L, except i run an Apex'i cat-back. i love the sound, and your header will fit without any problems....
Old 08-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
Angry

I have the Greddy EVO2 and Cobb Tuning equal length headers that they came out with (03' TS wagon). I loved the sound of my car before I put the headers on (with the high flow cat), but now it just sounds like another weedwacker and I waited three freakin' months for Cobb to make them and have them coated by Jet Hot. What a dissapointment. After a day of continually driving it around to try and convince myself that the sound was not all bad, I'm having them taken off tommorrow. Might as well order the JDM Syms headers for $1400, whatever, I'm just P.O.ed right now.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 AM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
Originally Posted by Cohnster
I have the Greddy EVO2 and Cobb Tuning equal length headers that they came out with (03' TS wagon). I loved the sound of my car before I put the headers on (with the high flow cat), but now it just sounds like another weedwacker and I waited three freakin' months for Cobb to make them and have them coated by Jet Hot. What a dissapointment. After a day of continually driving it around to try and convince myself that the sound was not all bad, I'm having them taken off tommorrow. Might as well order the JDM Syms headers for $1400, whatever, I'm just P.O.ed right now.
sounds like the issue im having
borla header, wrx exhaust cheap muffler I loved the sound
as soon as i put the catless pipe on it developed a huge rasp and sounds like crap.. I ordered a round muffler.. Im going to weld that it and hopefully it curs my issue... for you I think you might want to eather go with a diffrent header or axle back section.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
Originally Posted by cudaeh
sounds like the issue im having
borla header, wrx exhaust cheap muffler I loved the sound
as soon as i put the catless pipe on it developed a huge rasp and sounds like crap.. I ordered a round muffler.. Im going to weld that it and hopefully it curs my issue... for you I think you might want to eather go with a diffrent header or axle back section.
I think I'll go with the Borlas, and if they crack I'll just use the warranty, I'm not an Auto-X'er (though I should be with my suspension setup), and the car is my daily driver, I don't think I'll put so much stress on the headers that they will crack. Also might look at getting another rear section (like B & B or Turbo XS or Blitz).
Old 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cohnster
I think I'll go with the Borlas, and if they crack I'll just use the warranty, I'm not an Auto-X'er (though I should be with my suspension setup), and the car is my daily driver, I don't think I'll put so much stress on the headers that they will crack. Also might look at getting another rear section (like B & B or Turbo XS or Blitz).
I'm prity much in the same boat... daily driver thinking of breaking into auto-x or rally-x... I have the feeling that the borla weld issue is just an old stigma that has stuck.. Every one I talk to that have the newer varrents of thouse headers seem to have no issues... but yeah your right Its all about the warrentee.. just keep your stock stuff so you can do a quick swap incase something happens..
Old 08-06-2005, 08:16 PM

the muffler worked great!!!! It cured all the rasp and it sounds great now!!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:36 PM

Car Info: 05 Black 2.5RS Wagon Special Edition
Did anybody knows if it would be possible to fit a OEM WRX 2005 exhaust on a 2005 RS Wagon ??

Thanks !
Old 08-07-2005, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Don Karlito
Did anybody knows if it would be possible to fit a OEM WRX 2005 exhaust on a 2005 RS Wagon ??

Thanks !
identical underbody... so i would imagine that it would be an issue of where it connects and how but other than that i dont see why it wouldent.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Heyy guys im new here so bear with me

im actually from australia but i dont think there is any difference in our Subaru RS to your RS in the US.

anyways what i wanted to ask was that, down here people say you wont get the WRX rumble (the reallly sexy boxer sound) on a RS unless you change the extractors to uneven, no matter what kind of exhaust you put on. cos on a RS they are set to even and therefore it doesnt make d WRX rumble...

what do you guys think?? since me bieng a newbie and i never owned a RS im very interested...

im waiting for the MY06 RS to come out here in australia in the next 2 months or so, then its either that or a MY05 RS lol jus depends which one looks betta , money isnt a real big issue

anyways would like to know what you guys think about the extractors question above... thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 08:25 PM

New Muffler

I was thinking for getting a magnaflow muffler to replace the stock one on my '94 impreza L. Has anyone done this? How is the sound?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:16 AM

Car Info: '01 GC8
I have the full cobb tuning stage 2 power package...like others, I was disappointed with the sound, but it grew on me...installed it over the summer. I bought the package because it gave the greatest net HP gain over other systems I looked into...I don't mind the sound now, except now where the catback and the test pipe connect is loose, so it is very raspy.
The package helped me out greatly for rally-x...low-end torque is great, although the torque curve is still pretty flat from 2500rpm to 4000 rpm...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:37 PM

Car Info: 1996 impreza 60 trim, 8psi 201 whp, 213 tq 200k mi
Originally Posted by ruboy01
I have a borla header, a random tech cat, a borla catback, and a DIY cold air/plenum delete intake. My car has about 107,000 on the clock, and it ate it's self, the first people who looked at it told me that I had burnt a vavle and the resulting loss of compression caused the valve to break, causing my piston to turn into little pieces. I'm kind of at a loss for how this could be, because judging by the blackness on my rear bumper, and the lack of mileage I was getting I would have figured that it was running rich. Oh.. just before this happened, the dealer had hooked it up to clear codes, after the replacement of my cam sensor, and it said the cat was working at only partial effiecency, would this also cause the computer to try to run a little richer to counter it?? I know my little bit of knowledge is probably more dangerous than my lack of knowledge. I'm also wondering if anyone has heard of problems whit 2.2's and the #2 cyclinder, as that's the one that went on my engine, and the motor I bought to replace it with has a compression problem on the #2 (not known untill I had it in the car), just wondering..
extremly common problem on single port 2.2s...what happend was you dropped a valve guide, it held the valve open, the piston hit it..., its common, but not at your low mileage! :knocks on wood: mine is at 160K with intake,header,pulley,exhaust,flywheel. it just has to last till spring, ej22T here i come!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 1996 impreza 60 trim, 8psi 201 whp, 213 tq 200k mi
on another note...ive seen it asked alot in this thread "how do i get the boxer rumble" without being turbo, almost the ONLY way to get the true rumble is with unequal length headers, as far as i know borla is the only one who makes them, for the 2.2 and the 2.5 key word being UNEQUAL, i know other companys make equal. stock headers are equal length, the reason why wrx's or any turbo subaru has the boxer sound is because the header section before the turbo is unequal length, that and the lower compression.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.5
2006 2.5i Wagon

Does anybody know if the exhaust is different on the 06 wagon 2.5i?

Thnx for the help in advance
Old 12-18-2005, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 2000 Silver Subaru Imprezza Sedan
hi, just wundering would a WRX catback work on my 2000 RS?

if there is any mod to it, what would it be?

also an STi front Strut bar.. would it fit

Quick Reply: Official N/A exhaust thread