Official N/A exhaust thread - Page 4 - i-Club

Notices
Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Official N/A exhaust thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:54 AM

Car Info: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
exhaust

I am lookin at a Blitz rear section or an Apex-i N-1 catback system for my 2000 2.5rs. Any comments either good or bad, suggestions?
Old 11-10-2003, 05:20 PM

Car Info: '98 Neon R/T
[
ya your probably right about not needing the other piping...but hey ...don't the S2000s have a cat back duel ? =) And those are only 2 liters..... naturaly aspired. !
Yup. They also have nasty-*** VTec cams and a head that could flow the Mississippi River...which is necessary to make power to 8900RPM. 3" piping might be a good all-motor upgrade for them.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
I've had a rallitek legacy catback system with borla headers for awhile and love it. Sounds great and louder than stock but far from annoying or obnoxious. The car def. has a little more pull especially over 50 mph.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:13 AM

Car Info: Audi Q5 aka "the old man wagon"
Hey I got a Megan Racing cat back exhaust off ebay for about 300 only problem was it didnt fit my 2.2L wagon perfect. all it needed was a new flange. once that was on it sounded really mean, almost too loud though. i also had the borla headers on but while on a trip to LA the welds broke/melted @ 5500 rpm. still waiting to get the replacement ones.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 1997 impreza L
I have a 5 Zigen cat back on my 95L. The sound is great, not high pitched at all, very distinct, my friends know is me when I am coming. Since it was made for an RS, it is kind of close to my rear bumper. When I go on spirited drives my bumper gets roasted, some people say thats bad, I say it gives it character.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:47 PM

Car Info: '04 STi Platinum Silver, 353hp/ 367ft-lb
Looks like alot of info on the Stromung exhaust. I ordered the Stromung for my car and when I was installing it the flange was turned to the left just a little rusulting in a twisted muffler and the hanger bracket near the rear axle was about 2 inches off.I had to get the dual tip considering I sometimes pull a motorcycle trailer and a single tip wouldn't fit under the tow bar. This problem was corrected at a shop here in town for about $20 and took about 10 minutes to perform. When I checked into it, I found that the flanges and hanger were just a variation between the 93-01 and the 02-up. Other than that its all the same. It has a really great tone and loves to talk to you at speed and even gets some great little puffs that kick the floorboard at @ 2000 rpms while changing gears. Those little puffs really get peopel to looking and even the little "fast and the furious" kids only wish they could get the same.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:07 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
this will be my third exaust setup ( i keep getting busted by the cops) i used to have a POS APC 4" N1-style, then i went to 4.75" Blitz, and that was WAY too loud for San Carlos' finest, so now i have a 3.5" Magnaflow w/ resonator. its too quiet, although on intial pick up, and when decelerating, you can kinda hear the boxer burble to it. i think ill take out the resonator, and go down to 2.25" from 2.5". maybe that will quiet it down a little. what do you guys think?

also, why does it feel like i have more torque now thatn when i had the Blitz?

Last edited by rau; 07-23-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:54 AM

Car Info: '02 OBS '03 Baja
MY02 OBS

Borla gen IV header
Stromung SS dual tip catback

Very nice-looking and sounding

Now maybe the Stromung SS high flow cat section, but it's loud enough now in the cabin. Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official N/A exhaust thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.