Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Official N/A exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM

Car Info: o6 impreza.
what is the width of o6 2.5i exhaust?
thanks.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 PM

Car Info: The iMP
Question 08 2.5i

Rolling with a stock exhaust (obviously) but I was looking on japanparts.com and noticed the Sport Muffler. Now considering SOA doesn't offer it here would I be able to detach my older exhaust and weld the new JDM one right on with no problems?

Reason I ask is because I am still on warranty (bought it two months ago) and I don't want to infringe upon it? Come to think of it, if I get a JDM Subaru part, does that void the warranty?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:31 PM

Car Info: 2006 subaru impreza
Noob question

alright guys im new to the subaru world ( i mean completely new) i have a 2006 2.5i impreza N/A 5 spd and i was wondering if the 2006 wrx is the same exact same engine besides the turbo and all the extra stuff that has in it?

i want to buy aftermarket injen cold air intake for a start, but seems like everything says wrx or sti for the 2006 and thats why im asking because it would suck if i buy it and wont fit on my impreza please please please help me would appreciate it very much!!!! thank you guys for the support and sorry for this dumb question
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy Outback Limited '97
Originally Posted by 2.5MiKlixxImp
Rolling with a stock exhaust (obviously) but I was looking on japanparts.com and noticed the Sport Muffler. Now considering SOA doesn't offer it here would I be able to detach my older exhaust and weld the new JDM one right on with no problems?

Reason I ask is because I am still on warranty (bought it two months ago) and I don't want to infringe upon it? Come to think of it, if I get a JDM Subaru part, does that void the warranty?
I am fairly certain that it is illegal for a company to void your warranty for new exhaust, i am not sure though
Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 07 2.5i sedan
Wake up this old great thread.
I was looking at the exhaust under my 07, noticed that the 2nd cat is behind the last 02 sensor. I think if it is removed (with a straight pipe) it won't throw any CEL. Cats are almost always restrictive to flow and HP.

Also, earlier I read in this thread that ANY WRX/STI catback will bolt directly replacing the stock catback of the 06/07 without any modification. Can someone confirm this for me?
Is it any year WRX/STI? Are they 2.5" size vs the 2" catback on the 06/07?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza Outback Sport
My .02

Just going to add some info here as i am a frequenter of rs25 dot com and a few forums. From what i have been told by people using them on rs25, the ebay knockoffs of borla headers are much better and do not suffer from cracking nearly as much as gen 4 borlas do. No i do not have a thread to quote for this but im sure rs25 is full of them. For my specific application at least, the MY02 ish up to i think MY05, you can run wrx catbacks with just a flange cut and rotate, and, at the worst, some Kartboy exhaust hangers if its a tight fit. I am not sure when they switched to el on the rs2.5, i believe it was MY05, but for those of you with high flow cats and exhausts, the el headers are one of the biggest reasons that your exhaust drones and, on occasion, sounds like a honda. The compromise comes down to the few extra hp or the sound, to each their own. To the best of my knowledge, the randomtech cats will not pass CA smog, not because they do not run clean, but because they are not C.A.R.B approved, instant visual fail if your tech knows whats up. I myself do not have an exhaust on my MYo2 OBS, nor will i for a significant time, as i am saving up to get a raptorsc kit, i will replace all of the exhaust then, and hopefully i will find some carb legal cats before then
Old 06-11-2009, 09:03 AM

Car Info: suburu outback sport 2001
borla cat-back

Just added the borla cat-back to the outback. Love the sound, am not into the performance that much, it runs good enough to make me smile.
Added a Rigid hitch after the exhaust. Installer had to use longer rubbers for the exhaust to clear the hitch, only lowered the pipe about 2 inches. No problems so far.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:35 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza N/A 1997
Quick question. I have a Subaru Impreza 1997 non-turbo..what is/are the cheapest I can do to get the Subaru signature growl? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by angelusmimsy
Quick question. I have a Subaru Impreza 1997 non-turbo..what is/are the cheapest I can do to get the Subaru signature growl? Thanks in advance.
See my post in n/a power.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:01 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2009
I drive an 09 WRX sedan, and i've been trying to look for a nice exhaust. Right now the only one i can come up with is the magnaflow catback and then a cobb down pipe. I was wondering if someone could suggest something better
Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 1993 subaru impreza l awd
i have a 1993 impreza l 1.8 and im looking for advice on how to do easy n/a upgrades...any help would be much apprecaited...thanx
Old 03-06-2010, 07:06 AM

Car Info: subaru impreza 2006
header

can you get headers for a impreza 06 non-turbo?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:43 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by mo5t_want3d
can you get headers for a impreza 06 non-turbo?
Yes Borla Makes both equal length and unequal length headers for the 06.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
i just got a 98 2.5rs what do you guys think the best exhaust system is
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 AM

Exhaust is a pretty subjective choice man. In terms of making power, you don't need more than 2.25" all the way back on a n/a, you start going bigger and you start loosing low end torque. All the exhaust components affect the sound, including the size of the piping, in general, the bigger the piping is, the deeper the tone will likely be. Resonators, muffler types, and header types all affect it. The canister type mufflers don't usually get as deep of a sound as a chambered muffler would, and a lot of peeps with 2.5 RS and 2.5i find that when they run an exhaust without a resonator, it tends to be raspy. So i guess in short i'm telling you that the best exhaust system is the one you build to your tastes and desires. Research is key, and you can find a plethora of exhaust sound clips on the web.

Quick Reply: Official N/A exhaust thread