Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Official N/A exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 AM

Car Info: 07 impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by impreza4touge
Could someone verify this...Please.
Originally Posted by Vizzionz
heres some usefull info!

any and ALL WRX/STI catback systems WILL work on 06+ 2.5i's!!!

any and ALL WRX/STI Turbo headers with out the UP PIPE will work on 06+ 2.5i's! (i.e. greddy, aem, ect)

also when i had my custom 2.5" cat back installed. me & the installer noticed that subaru decided to restrict the exhaust, what i mean is, the header/cat pipe is 2.5", from the cat back, it is 2" piping!!

so the stock headers/cat is 2.5" which is more then big enough to handle any NA system. just make SURE you go with 2.5" (or 3") cat back if you want to keep the system free flowing with out restricting it!

UPDATE INFO!!!

on all WRX/STi headers w/o up pipe can be installed on the 2.5i's! the only problem is that the header/cat to mid-pipe connection is a 3 bolt flang unlike the 2 bolt flang the WRX/STi's use. any muffler shop should be able to change out the 3 bolt flang with a 2 bolt flang and hook up the header to the rest of the system
Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
wow, how'd you find that out!?
I'm pretty sure there are tons of people out there selling their stock wrx/sti headers Something I may do, after my warranty expires.

I'm assuming this is only 04' and up models?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by J-Chow
wow, how'd you find that out!?
I'm pretty sure there are tons of people out there selling their stock wrx/sti headers Something I may do, after my warranty expires.

I'm assuming this is only 04' and up models?
for as many times i have been under my subie inspecting the exhaust system, lol....

as far as i can tell, all 02+ WRX/STi headers (stock or not) should work...

if you do get a stock wrx/sti header, have it ported/polished [also you might have to get the muffler shop weld a 2nd o2 sensor bung into the header]
Old 09-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 98 impreza 2.5 rs
Unhappy annoying rasp

hi everyone,
my car is a 98 Impreza RS . i had to replace my exhaust and with not much $$ i got a GTR-2 muffler off ebay and had a shop install a 2.25 pipe from the cat back to the muffler. also cut and place a flex pipe right after the clamp from the cat.
i have read about the rasp but didnt think it would be that annoying. boy was i wrong. has anyone found out a way to get rid of this. it sounds ok if i just drive it kinda normal, but under heavy load it just tings away. i dont even know what causes this. the silencer part on my old exhaust was way longer than the new one i got. could that be the cause. any help would be appriciated thanks, Steven
Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by sd70feb
hi everyone,
my car is a 98 Impreza RS . i had to replace my exhaust and with not much $$ i got a GTR-2 muffler off ebay and had a shop install a 2.25 pipe from the cat back to the muffler. also cut and place a flex pipe right after the clamp from the cat.
i have read about the rasp but didnt think it would be that annoying. boy was i wrong. has anyone found out a way to get rid of this. it sounds ok if i just drive it kinda normal, but under heavy load it just tings away. i dont even know what causes this. the silencer part on my old exhaust was way longer than the new one i got. could that be the cause. any help would be appriciated thanks, Steven
have a resinator installed.... this will take care of your problem.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 AM

Car Info: 98 impreza 2.5 rs
should i take out the flex pipe? i dont see many people talking about it . or just cut in a resonator after the flex pipe? when i talk to the shop what size resonator should i talk about and how much should it cost roughly. im not too familiar on all this,thanks for the help. ciao, Steven
Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5
Will the blitz nur spec r axle back bolt up to the stormung center pipe for an 07 2.5i? are the flanges the same size on the pipes, and will using the stromung pipe keep the same sound that the blitz would produce with the regular cat back?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:15 PM

Car Info: me crazy when you ask "what suspension u on?"
I was thinking about getting an 06/07 STI cat back or muffler and putting it on my 2.5i. From reading this thread, correctly I hope, I'm lead to believe that it shall fit...? And so I also read that that OEM STI cat or muffler won't do anything better than what my stock one is doing now?

How would the STI genome effect the 07 2.5i?

Last edited by Paradox; 11-25-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Paradox
I was thinking about getting an 06/07 STI cat back or muffler and putting it on my 2.5i. From reading this thread, correctly I hope, I'm lead to believe that it shall fit...? And so I also read that that OEM STI cat or muffler won't do anything better than what my stock one is doing now?

How would the STI genome effect the 07 2.5i?
its just going to change the sound.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2007
So will this work on the 07 2.5I impreza?: Why so cheap, rust out quick probably.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...spagenameZWDVW
Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by roliva
So will this work on the 07 2.5I impreza?: Why so cheap, rust out quick probably.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...spagenameZWDVW
SS doesnt rust out quickly, but idk why so cheap, alot of his reviews say he has never sent people there items, maybe a scammer?

Last edited by kevinblahh; 12-01-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2007
Originally Posted by soon2bQuicknesS
I'm going to buy the Cobb catback exhaust for my NA 07 2.5
I also want UEL headers and a cat that will pass smog BS
yes i know, but I want the UEL for the true sound and am willing to deal with the slight drop in hp
anyone have a suggestion as to which will fit easiest? are there any that work well?
How does that affect your warrenty with the UEL headers?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by roliva
How does that affect your warrenty with the UEL headers?
anything cat forward the warranty will be affected, cat back you dont have to worry about anything with the warranty.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:22 PM

Car Info: me crazy when you ask "what suspension u on?"
I just installed an 05 STi axleback earlier this week. Gave me a really deep, but quiet, rumble. You know it's there, just quite and it's all good with me. Probably gained < 5 hp. I plan to remove my resonator soon.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 2008 Impreza 2.5i Sedan
Flowmaster 44 on 2008 2.5i 4 door Impreza

I wanted some sound at a cheap price, so I bought a flowmaster 44, took it to Exhaustworks and had the "y" pipe cut off, removed the giant stock mufflers and resonator, installed new 2.5" pipe all the way back to the new 44 and add a Flowmaster exhaust tip. It sounds great! (It does make a metalic vibration until it warms up.) But, its a baffled muffler, no glass or other sound deadening material. The total expense was almost $235. I'm now getting 28-29 mpg.
Attached Thumbnails Official N/A exhaust thread-img_1885-shrunk.jpg  

Quick Reply: Official N/A exhaust thread