Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

engine ticking sound (was: i just need some answers with out getting flamed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 PM

Car Info: jsc speed sti
i jst need some answers with out getting flamed

ok i know what you guys are going to say but ive done my searches and i cant get the answers i need. this is my first subaru, im not a idiot at all when it comes to cars but i dont know much about the common noises of subarus. i know that people say theres a boxer tick and mine definetley has it. i know its only valve noise but what im asking is how loud is it suppose to be. the reason i ask is because im pushing over 400whp and i want to make sure my motors doin ok. i hold great and steady vac and everything works and runs great. im thinkin mine seems so loud is because i have a seibon hood that is vented. any advice or nice words to make me feel better would be appreciated lol. seriously though im not real worried about the noise but just kinda wondering
Old 04-19-2006, 11:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
mine is brand new & it knocks like a diesel truck.... if you're really worried about it get an oil pressure gauge, you should have at leat basic gauges if your pushing 400hp...
Old 05-03-2006, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX TR
Originally Posted by 1 fststi
ok i know what you guys are going to say but ive done my searches and i cant get the answers i need. this is my first subaru, im not a idiot at all when it comes to cars but i dont know much about the common noises of subarus. i know that people say theres a boxer tick and mine definetley has it. i know its only valve noise but what im asking is how loud is it suppose to be. the reason i ask is because im pushing over 400whp and i want to make sure my motors doin ok. i hold great and steady vac and everything works and runs great. im thinkin mine seems so loud is because i have a seibon hood that is vented. any advice or nice words to make me feel better would be appreciated lol. seriously though im not real worried about the noise but just kinda wondering
As long as it is a tick you should be fine. If it sounds like knocking you should worry. With the hood open it sounds loud with my motor running. If you step like 10 feet away can you still here the ticking? Or does it blend in with the exhaust noise?
Old 05-06-2006, 04:13 PM

Car Info: murdered out 06 WRX, but now is gone
exhaust leak maybe????