Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

autometer gauge questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 09:11 PM

autometer gauge questions...

My car is a 2003 wrx. I have never installed any type of gauges before except voltage gauges which are probably the easiest to install. I have a few questions I hope you guys can answer.

I bought a Autometer oil pressure gauge. It comes with a sending unit. Where on the block would I install this unit? any reccommendations on the install?

Also I purchased a Autometer oil temp gauge. Now this one has a fitting that is supposed to be drilled into my block. I really do not want to do this and I dont think i have the drill bits that are capable of this. Is there a pre-existing wire that has a oil temp output somewhere in the car? Or perhaps is there a factory drilled hole somewhere on the block that i can just unplug and plug my sending unit into? Any help would be appreciated on this one especially

Thanks
Old 03-04-2003, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by BLUTHDR815
I bought a Autometer oil pressure gauge. It comes with a sending unit. Where on the block would I install this unit? any reccommendations on the install?
You can find the install for your oil pressure gauge sender at ScoobyMods.com. If you use some sort of adapter for the threaded hole in the block, make sure it is the correct size pipe thread (NPT).

I still haven't figured out how you can install that Autometer oil temp gauge, yet...

--
^ww^
"…axles of evil…" - George W. Bush
Old 03-11-2003, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by BLUTHDR815
Also I purchased a Autometer oil temp gauge. Now this one has a fitting that is supposed to be drilled into my block.

Saw something in another thread about a GReddy adapter that sandwiches in between the block and the OEM oil filter.

EDIT: The cheapest price I've found online for the GReddy oil filter adapter is at Nippon Racing. It doesn't state it at this page, but at GReddy's site it says you are supposed to use a Toyota filter. Not sure if the OEM Subaru filter will work with this adapter, but I hope so.

--
^ww^
"…axles of evil…" - George W. Bush

Last edited by Wingless Wonder; 03-11-2003 at 09:33 PM.