Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

I got a little problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 07:13 PM

Car Info: 03 Rex: HKS, Injen, Apexi, Perrin, Rota
Unhappy I got a little problem

now I got a real good one for ya... so let's say I was gonna put in my AVC-r and an electrical store employee sold me some 3M tap splices that he said were the best out there, and really small too by the way, and now I wanna kill him. should I get my gun or should I get a rope? the things he sold me not only tapped in nicely, but they cut the wires to the ecu, thanks to him for not telling me or probably not even knowing! I put some of the standard automitve tap splices on the actual ecu wires for now and the car runs fine, but what would you recommend I do for a more permanent, reliable solution? thanks, Ben MY03 rex in the U.S.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Find someone who can solder. I'm not being a jackass, that is what I did.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:34 PM

Car Info: 03 Rex: HKS, Injen, Apexi, Perrin, Rota
thanks...

yah, I did the soldering myself, seems to be working fine. I'm just pissed cause I wanted a clean install and things went from bad to worse. I think back on the moment I smashed each one of those crimps down, not knowing the evil I was doing. oh well, live and learn... I put up a post asking some questions about tuning the avc-r here too, I think I've got it close, but it could always be better, eh? thanks, Ben