Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Ed vs. IX vs. Vladi, an internet soap opera and waste of bandwidth

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
FYI, here is a PM I sent to Paul when I heard from Weston this car was coming his way:

Hey Paul,

I heard you will likely be tuning an LGT I've worked on the past. It has a "built" motor with some random heads and cams put together by a shop who didn't really know what they were doing. I tuned the car in that state as a favor to the customer who owned it at the time. If it was anyone else I would have turned the car away. I could barely get the thing running and could not get it driving decently at all. I believe the car has some major mechanical and wiring issues, not to mention a hacked together setup. I literally got the thing running as best as I could with what he brought in. He wanted to sell the car and wanted to get it running as is without spending any more money on it. He ended up selling it and I heard the current owner ran into some more issues.

Again, this car runs like absolute **** and I would recommend going over it carefully and fixing any mechanical issues before even attempting to re-tune it.

Good luck with it and let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'll even be happy to provide you with the map that its currently running if that will help you. In all honesty I feel bad for the current owner for buying such a pile.

Thanks
Originally Posted by EpsilonK
-----List O' Crap (or shopping list for thieves. lol)------

Engine/transmission (installed by FIA Motorsports):
Brand new 2007 STI block
PE 1820 turbo (new with block)
Custom front mount intercooler (made by TDC Tuning)
Perrin big MAF intake
APS turbo inlet hose
Helix 860cc injectors
TGV deletes
Full 3” custom turboback exhaust with cat
Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel
Kartboy short-throw shifter

Tuned with Cobb Accessport

Suspension (installed by LIC Motorsports):
GP Motor fully adjustable coilovers, height and dampening
Cusco front/rear swaybars
225/40/18 Falken Azenis on 18x8” Krimson K2 rims (rims not readily available in U.S.)
Also included are the 4 stock tires (Potenza RE92’s) and 17” rims.

Electronics/other (installed by local car audio company in Reno, NV):
Memphis 12” subwoofer with custom linoleum box in trunk
Memphis front speakers
Memphis amps
Prestige alarm system with 2-way remote
Hardwired for Valentine 1 radar detector
Boost and EGT gauges, custom install in "cubby" above stereo, match stock gauges
so youre saying FIA doesnt know what theyre doing?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:43 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by irrational x
so youre saying FIA doesnt know what theyre doing?
I do not nor have I worked for FIA. I occasionally tune some of their customer evo's, but that's it.

The mechanic who put this car together did not do a good job, period. I don't know who that mechanic is and if he is still working at FIA, so I can't comment on their current quality of work. This car was obviously hacked together by a few different shops.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2008, 12:47 PM
plays well with others

I do not nor have I worked for FIA. I occasionally tune some of their customer evo's, but that's it.

The mechanic who put this car together did not do a good job, period. I don't know who that mechanic is and if he is still working at FIA, so I can't comment on their current quality of work. This car was obviously hacked together by a few different shops.

Thanks
Originally Posted by EQtuning
Oh yes… who is Method 4? Well… Method is the result of a very exciting joining of forces of two Bay Area companies: Forced Induction Authority /// Race Centric, and Equilibrium Tuning. FIA has years of service history and race car building and setup experience – Subaru, Mitsubishi, and much more. EQ Tuning has steadily gained an impressive and deserved reputation for being one of the very best Subaru tuners in the area, and, candidly, the country. Ed’s maps and incredible remote tuning skills have been gaining national popularity, and Method is excited to have him manning the dyno. In addition to these two companies, Jeremy Siwek of Crucial Racing (EJ20Legacy on most of the forums), is a partner and will be involved in R&D and general management of Method.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...light=method+4
Old 07-07-2008, 12:51 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Correct, almost 2 years ago, I was going to start a shop with FIA called Method 4 Motorsports. After some disagreements we decided to go our separate ways. I have had no business affiliation with FIA or Method 4 Motorsports since. The only work I have done associated with them since is tuning for a few of their Evo customer cars.

That's very old news, nice digging

Last edited by EQ Tuning; 07-07-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
IX = Supreme Internets Detective
Old 07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by MethodBuilt
FIA is handling all of our mechanical work untill the new shop is fully opened. Give them a call for a quote.

Thanks
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...&highlight=FIA
Old 07-07-2008, 01:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

You're too funny.... look at the post date... 2006! That was when we were getting our shop together. Again, we parted ways very shortly after that due to disagreements on how to run the shop.
I'm not too sure what you're trying to prove with all your sleuthing... I'm just trying to provide the current customer with as much info as possible and help him out any way I can. I also mentioned that the car had mechanical issues when it was brought to me... why in the world would I say that about a shop I was directly affiliated with? Maybe you should use your detective powers to help out the current owner instead of trying to dig up what you believe to be dirt on me

Thanks

Last edited by EQ Tuning; 07-07-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:09 PM
plays well with others

You're too funny.... look at the post date... 2006! That was when we were getting our shop together. Again, we parted ways very shortly after that due to disagreements on how to run the shop.
I'm not too sure what you're trying to prove with all your sleuthing... I'm just trying to provide the current customer with as much info as possible and help him out any way I can. I also mentioned that the car had mechanical issues when it was brought to me... why in the world would I say that about a shop I was directly affiliated with? Maybe you should use your detective powers to help out the current owner instead of trying to dig up what you believe to be dirt on me

Thanks
i am
Old 07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

i am
Really? How does the information you posted help him out?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
plays well with others

Really? How does the information you posted help him out?
im just letting the owner know about "built motor" and "tuning" that has been installed in / performed on his car and why it "runs like absolute ****"
Old 07-07-2008, 05:05 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by warnoldscu
I had just spent thousands for a "professional" shop to put the car back into what I assumed would be great shape after the engine blew.
if you spent that much money having a 'professional' do the build why did you let ed touch it instead of a 'professional' tuner?
Old 07-07-2008, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
if you spent that much money having a 'professional' do the build why did you let ed touch it instead of a 'professional' tuner?
Y'know, he does have a point there.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:14 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Why do you always bag on Ed?
Old 07-07-2008, 05:16 PM

Car Info: '05 LGT and '07 335i
Ed is a fine tuner and I would have him tune my car again if I ever got another Subaru.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
Wow, you are such a hater its ridiculous....Ed is a great tuner...You on the other hand are nothing but a hater....you try and try to smack talk him any everyone else thats not Paul, and its getting old.

Last edited by Vladi; 07-07-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Ed vs. IX vs. Vladi, an internet soap opera and waste of bandwidth