Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Wheel HP for 2002 4EAT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 12:58 AM

Wheel HP for 2002 4EAT?

Hello all I recently bought a Gtech competition pro and was screwing around with it this weekend. I have a 2002 WRX auto with these mods:

UTEC stage 1
Greddy Evo cat back
xcceleration up-pipe(random technology)
Unifilter rampod intake
GFB blow off valve
EGT Gauge
A\F gauge
Boost gauge

Not really launching the car, or anything (just hitting the gas) I managed a 0-60 time of 7.4 seconds with HP measured at 173 at the wheels and just about as much torque. I feel that I entered the weight of the car quite accurately in regards to my P1's and my weight. I know I can probably get better numbers, but I haven't had chance to do any more runs. Anyone know how much power loss is usually seen with the autos? Would a torque converter help? On more question. Sometimes when I'm on the highway....say going.. ahem like 90 and I really hit the gas I seem to over boost. The car is in 4th gear at this point and I see the boost spike over .11 MPa. I usually only do stuff like this for short spurts coming home from working nights so I haven't had the opportunity to really investigate. Anyone ever see anything like that? Maybe I should adjust the ABC a bit. I realize that last part was a bit off topic. Back to trannies.... I went to the dealership near me for an oil change and they just got three STI's. Of course the wanted me to "sit in it and check it out". Was cool...and I'm considering it maybe as second car If can afford it. Only thing is I've never driven a manual tranny before. I mean I have a pretty good idea how to do it and all. Would the STI be a bad first car to learn on? Not that it would stop me from buying it given the chance....he he. Thanks all.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:53 PM

Hello all,

I took out the guitar I had in my back seat and managed these numbers with the Gtech:

180.0 HP at 4655 rpms

226.1 ft-lbs at 3526 rpms.

Not bad for an automatic! I still think I can get better numbers, its just trying to find a place to do it! It was cool outside tonight and the whole rex was haulin!