AccessPORT Update! Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting for 2.5L

Old 07-02-2007, 07:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX

So Cobb hooked the AP up for Launch Control! This is a sick feature for those who go to drag strips and very easy to set up and adjust. It will only take a quick second after watching the how to video

Cobb also setup Flat Foot Shifting... but I'm not 100% on what that means. So someone please enlighten me.

I rarely drag, but when I go having the Launch Control option will be sick. I just don't like how hard all this crap is on the car, so I won't be doing it often.

The Video:
http://www.cobbforums.com/videos/Launch25.mov

The PDF:
http://www.accessecu.com/support/LaunchControl.pdf

The Link:
http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3321

The warning section is funny, it reminds me of the hundreds of drug commercials with the long list of crazy side effects at the end...

"It’s is important to know that this type of driving can be EXTREMELY abusive to the vehicle, and damage to the engine, transmission, clutch and other components may occur. Use this functionality at your OWN RISK. COBB Tuning assumes NO responsibility for damage you may incur on yourself, your vehicle or others while using this functionality. It is NOT to be used on public roads."

...and...

"Launch control and building boost from a stop (“at the line”) will product a tremendous amount of heat and stress on the engine, turbo, and other components.

It is NOT recommended you hold the engine under these conditions for ANY amount of time, which is to say do it as little as possible.

We CAN NOT tell you how long is safe, what may be damaged, what will break first, what RPM is safe, best, etc. It is 100% up to you to decide if you’d like to use this functionality and if so, how.
"

...it's tight but DAMN.

sorry if this is old news

-Steven
Old 09-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 2002 WR blue wrx
wow.... those are really cool features... and flat foot shifting allows you to shift without releasing the gas pedal... this saves you time in between shifts and the flat foot shifting feature allows you to set the rev limit below the redline so the engine doesn't overrev but it still allows you to keep your foot to the floor without any worries.... in a sense, its kind of like an anti-lag feature, even though anti-lag works totally different, but it's supposed to help you lower the time lost in between shifts and helps keep boost up... helps lower track and 1/4 mile times...