Where to find Bridgestone RE-01R's for less??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Where to find Bridgestone RE-01R's for less??

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knew any place where I could find RE-01R's for less than Tire Rack. I am looking for 235/40/17. TireRack sells them for $178 x 4 and $44 for shipping. I don't really care whether it is from a local shop or an online retailer as long as it is legit and cheaper. Let me know.

TIA.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by darkonion
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knew any place where I could find RE-01R's for less than Tire Rack. I am looking for 235/40/17. TireRack sells them for $178 x 4 and $44 for shipping. I don't really care whether it is from a local shop or an online retailer as long as it is legit and cheaper. Let me know.

TIA.
245/45/17 is probably cheaper and will fit (with some alignment and height adjustments)

If you need a sticky tire for less get the RT-615. The RE-01Rs are an investment, if you are sure you will be able to use them get them, but I don't think you'd get 100% out of them (no offense). Even I don't get 100% out of my tires yet, I'm just not good enough yet.

-Gagan
Old 03-03-2008, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
Don't know if it's might help your autoX times, but smaller diameter tires should give you more power at the wheel.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
245/45/17 is probably cheaper and will fit (with some alignment and height adjustments)

If you need a sticky tire for less get the RT-615. The RE-01Rs are an investment, if you are sure you will be able to use them get them, but I don't think you'd get 100% out of them (no offense). Even I don't get 100% out of my tires yet, I'm just not good enough yet.

-Gagan
Hmm... I guess I could try to make the 245's fit. They are cheaper. Not really buying the tire for the performance. Actually, I am kind of. The biggest factor that I was looking for is lifespan. I asked the question on BAAutoX and people said that it'll be cheaper in the long run. I was looking at the Azeni's and RS2's, but people said that the RE-01R's last a little longer.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by drtofu
Don't know if it's might help your autoX times, but smaller diameter tires should give you more power at the wheel.
These tires are the same diameter, or very close, to what I am running right now. I actually didn't choose this size, I was recommended it by Kevin M (formerly BAN SUVS) I think...
Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM

Car Info: My Bikecycle
you should buy my RE070's and save yourself some money.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Hmm... I guess I could try to make the 245's fit. They are cheaper. Not really buying the tire for the performance. Actually, I am kind of. The biggest factor that I was looking for is lifespan. I asked the question on BAAutoX and people said that it'll be cheaper in the long run. I was looking at the Azeni's and RS2's, but people said that the RE-01R's last a little longer.
Not true. They last pretty much the same with similar wear times.

The Azenis have the same grip to the end.

The RS2 heat cycle out quickly and over heat quickly.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM

Car Info: '15 WRX
I dont mean to be rude, but if you want lifespan out of tires, why buy performance orientated tires
Old 03-03-2008, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Not true. They last pretty much the same with similar wear times.

The Azenis have the same grip to the end.

The RS2 heat cycle out quickly and over heat quickly.
I've always heard the opposite
Old 03-03-2008, 05:47 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I just got some RE-01R's in 245/40/17 from tire rack. I looked around but couldn't find a better deal.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by ZeR0
I dont mean to be rude, but if you want lifespan out of tires, why buy performance orientated tires
They are talking (at least I'm guessing) about the tire as an auto-x tire. They know the lifespan is going to be severely shortened compared to street tires, but still the longevity of a sticky auto-x "street" tire is of some importance. Not everyone can afford two sets of tires per season on top of the normal street tires.

For what its worth, I've been through about 3/4 of a season on RE-01Rs and they look like they could last a whole second season (but I haven't tested this out). A competitor up here who co-drives with his wife told me they got just short of one season out of them, which is more than they could say about the RS-2 or the 615.

I got my set from Tire Rack, but they were on closeout. Just over $500 for the whole set after all was said and done, but only the 245/40/17s were on sale.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ZeR0
Trying to find a balance. Obviously, there is a trade-off. I am looking for a max performance summer set that I can auto-x on. But I don't want to get tires that are going to wear out really fast.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Koan
They are talking (at least I'm guessing) about the tire as an auto-x tire. They know the lifespan is going to be severely shortened compared to street tires, but still the longevity of a sticky auto-x "street" tire is of some importance. Not everyone can afford two sets of tires per season on top of the normal street tires.

For what its worth, I've been through about 3/4 of a season on RE-01Rs and they look like they could last a whole second season (but I haven't tested this out). A competitor up here who co-drives with his wife told me they got just short of one season out of them, which is more than they could say about the RS-2 or the 615.

I got my set from Tire Rack, but they were on closeout. Just over $500 for the whole set after all was said and done, but only the 245/40/17s were on sale.
Yeah. The main thing is that I don't want to end up buying a whole new set every season, when I can just use one set for two seasons. Or that idea anyways.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Trying to find a balance. Obviously, there is a trade-off. I am looking for a max performance summer set that I can auto-x on. But I don't want to get tires that are going to wear out really fast.
you mean you don't want tires that'll be gone in a few months with daily driving to work at one or two auto-x's? weird
Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Yeah. The main thing is that I don't want to end up buying a whole new set every season, when I can just use one set for two seasons. Or that idea anyways.
Also to note, I didn't daily drive on the RE-01Rs, except to/from events.

Quick Reply: Where to find Bridgestone RE-01R's for less??