The "What did you do to your car today" Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Added oil to motor and jump started it. Then let the battery charge for 30mins. Getting it prepped to take it to the shop in the next few weeks.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Roger Krause racing was very respectful and gave me a clear route to what to do next. So because Subaru doesn't have rear adjustable lateral links... I'm forced to probably buy Cusco parts since they seem to make them right for my generation... (FML here the expensive part comes )
Old 05-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Picked the car up from Mert after having my 600 mile oil change and inspection of the rebuild. Compression on all 4 cylinders was at 150 and leak down was at 0%. Seems to be in great shape! Also fixed a oil issue from the catch can to turbo inlet that was resulting in me fogging for mosquitoes!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by oshrizak
Roger Krause racing was very respectful and gave me a clear route to what to do next. So because Subaru doesn't have rear adjustable lateral links... I'm forced to probably buy Cusco parts since they seem to make them right for my generation... (FML here the expensive part comes )
What are you trying to achieve that you would need rear adjustable lateral links?

I would say your car is fine for now unless you are trying to get some crazy alignment setup for autocross or track use.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by apetron
What are you trying to achieve that you would need rear adjustable lateral links?

I would say your car is fine for now unless you are trying to get some crazy alignment setup for autocross or track use.
There's no adjustablility on the Legacy/GR/GH without them. So you're stuck at one alignment which may be too little or too much since it's a multilink rear. There is a bushing you can get on the banana up top but... the lateral links are better.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Its screwing up my tires :-/ so I need to fix it to get longer tire life... What's cheaper 600 $ or hella tires?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Its screwing up my tires :-/ so I need to fix it to get longer tire life... What's cheaper 600 $ or hella tires?
Yeezy.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz

Yeezy.
Right back at ya. Where the hell were you on Wed night did I just not run by you?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM

What is screwing up your tires? What setting is off?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM

What is screwing up your tires? What setting is off?
Pretty much camber is too much and toe is eww.. I can get my alignment sheet to show you in about an hour and you'll see its pretty disgusting.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
There's no adjustablility on the Legacy/GR/GH without them. So you're stuck at one alignment which may be too little or too much since it's a multilink rear. There is a bushing you can get on the banana up top but... the lateral links are better.
To my knowledge (And I could be wrong) there is no adjustability on the GD either without the addition of adjustable lateral links.. Only thing I believe you can adjust on the GD chassis in the rear is toe. No camber or anything else.

Camber doesn't kill tires. Toe does.

What are you saying is too much?

If its anything -2.5 or under in the rear for camber then I wouldn't consider that a problem.

Last edited by apetron; 05-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Pretty much why I need them because if you saw the inside of my tires... You'd be like damn did you slam your car? And its only a 1" drop. So I need to get them to fix it and just buy new wheels/tires soon..

I'll post my sheet up once I'm out of SF I'm here doing a photoshoot for client and I'm waiting for them to organize their stuff.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Pretty much why I need them because if you saw the inside of my tires... You'd be like damn did you slam your car? And its only a 1" drop. So I need to get them to fix it and just buy new wheels/tires soon..

I'll post my sheet up once I'm out of SF I'm here doing a photoshoot for client and I'm waiting for them to organize their stuff.
No worries, I am just really curious what would be that far off on your car that you would need them.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:07 PM

Car Info: 2008 SSM WRX Premium

Damn, I must be lucky so far. I have Tein S Spings and does just fine with tires so far. Nice even wear and when I had the alignment checked, they said that it was within acceptable specs. Not spot on to factory, but not harsh either...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by WRX~Mike
Damn, I must be lucky so far. I have Tein S Spings and does just fine with tires so far. Nice even wear and when I had the alignment checked, they said that it was within acceptable specs. Not spot on to factory, but not harsh either...
Seems RCE may just be more aggressive. Kinda angry at my self but.. what can we do other than fix whats wrong.. :-/

Quick Reply: The "What did you do to your car today" Thread!