UFC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 09:40 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
More people leaving the UFC.
After Rory MacDonald Bombshell, Is MMA's Free-Agent Market About to Heat Up? | Bleacher Report

UFC has never appreciated Rory. Dude has been passed over for fights for a long time because his style is "boring". And now they've had him sitting for a long long time so they can bank on other people. I'd leave if I was him too. Dude is a great fighter. Top 3-5 for years and will continue to be there. He'll probably mop that division up and be the champ over there. Make some coin. Retire.

UFC is going to continue to loose guys with this retarded Reebok deal and the relatively low pay of 97% of the fighters. That organization is a sham. Straight organized crime. Reminds me of boxing in the 80's and early 90's.

The UFC is running out of big ticket people and they can't keep charging high dollar for crap cards. They'll keep getting crappier the more people leave. And they will leave.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:48 PM

So apparently Conor McGregor is retiring. Money ploy? Scared of Nate Diaz? Life flashed before his eyes when he saw a fight of Joao Carvalho later dying from injuries? Wonder what it is.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
he was training in iceland, and dana told him to get his *** to vegas for the promotion stuff for the upcoming fight. conor basically said no, and to do it when it's more convenient for him. it became a pissing match between who's bigger and more important.

dana said if you don't get to vegas now, he's dropped from the fight.
so conor said fine, i'm retiring.
he was dropped from the fight

but earlier today during a press conference, dana said if conor calls him up RIGHT AWAY after this conference, he'll consider working it out with him for the fight

story pending

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-20-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Bottom line...

Connor's ego is massive. He thinks he can tell the UFC what to do... and the UFC ALWAYS has a poster fighter that they protect. He's it right now. So he tried to flex his muscles and Dana reminded him that his Dana's ego is bigger and so is his power.

Now Connor is finding out that Dana has been letting him play around lately because it's been good for the UFC. As soon as it's not... they'll find someone else.

Now is a bad bad time to play these games with JBJ coming back. He comes back and wrecks shop he's right back on top.

So McGregor knew he was in a bad spot. JBJ is coming back. Diaz beat him already and if he beats him again the money draw is gone for him. So he thought he'd try and pull the well I'm retiring card thinking Dana would cry to him and bring him back but instead he got... o.k. **** you. I'll put someone else on that card.

Dana has options. He's got Diaz because we all know his retirement comment was in jest. He's got BJ Penn coming back... if he wins that fight he's a big big ticket for his next fight. Especially if he's dominant. He's got the potential of GSP coming back. He's got the big Russian signing. He's got Rockhold becoming a star. He dominates in this next fight and he can easily be pushed as a poster boy. Dude is good looking. He's wooping that ***... and he's from santa cruz... wut!

He's got Cruz coming from no where and winning... and Dillashaw will be back. Barao is still legit.

Condit. Lawler. Rory. RR. HH. Matt Brown to a point. Nurmagomedov is a huge draw. With McGregor dropping I could see him fighting Diaz. That could be a huge draw. Rumble and JBJ is only a matter of time and that fight is gonna be crazy. Someone will go to sleep. Cain if he ever fights again.

Dana has options. McGregor does not. He could go to belator but come on now... he does that right after loosing to Diaz and he looses all that swager.

But it would be interesting to see a mass of guys just saying FU and bouncing. The UFC does not pay it's fighters enough... period.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Old 04-21-2016, 09:50 AM
General Pimpin'

LOL! Looks like his begging worked but he's gonna pay a price for disobeying the godfather.

He's getting the 200 fight card... should make some serious coin. But he's loosing his belt... He'll get first shot at getting it back but still. I would have been against him loosing it at this point if not for the ***** fit he through. It's only been a few months. Guys have sat on belts for well over a year without an interim fight happening.

I actually enjoy watching him fight but I'm a Diaz fan. I'd love to see Diaz knock him out and get paid.

That 200 card... I'll be getting that card. Cain better show up in shape or his career is over in the UFC.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

55 minutes ago from TMZ
Conor McGregor -- Takes $10 Million Hit ... UFC Officially Calls Off Fight | TMZ.com

developing story

Conor McGregor's Facebook statement wasn't enough to move the UFC -- the organization is officially calling off his fight with Nate Diaz ... a fight that came with a $10 MILLION paycheck, TMZ Sports has learned. Our sources tell us ... besides the massive payday, the UFC told Conor it was willing to move mountains to accommodate the fighter during the UFC 200 media tour.
Not only did UFC offer to fly Conor to every destination on a top-of-the-line private jet ... but also offered to ship out every single piece of his gym equipment from Iceland to Vegas for this weekend's media event so there wouldn't be a kink in Conor's training.
We're told McGregor was told his gym would be set up identically to his Iceland training center and it would all be ready to go the second he stepped off the plane.
Still, McGregor refused to budge -- and our sources tell us Conor was "shocked" when he was told the media obligations in Vegas were mandatory.
As for Conor's future ... we're told he blinked on retirement partially because of anti-doping rules that require fighters to wait 4 months after they un-retire before they can fight again -- and Conor doesn't want to wait that long.
Dana White told Colin Cowherd he believes McGregor will fight for the UFC in the next year -- but our sources tell us it will NOT be against Nate Diaz. Instead, he'll have to fight Frankie Edgar or Jose Aldo.
And when he does return ... he's expected to do a FULL run of promotions for that fight too.

conor posted on his FB two hours ago
Facebook Post

Conor McGregor

Facebook Post
·

I am just trying to do my job and fight here.
I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.
There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.
50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.
Nothing else was going through my mind.
It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life.
Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a **** morning show did not get me this life.
Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a **** about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight *** a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now.
I'm coming for my revenge here.
I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep.
With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight.
I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.
I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.
But it was denied.
There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me.
So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them.
And all with one tweet.
Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good.
I must isolate myself now.
I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time.
I can not dance for you this time.
It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here.
Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it.
He came in with no **** to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out.
Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation.
I'm doing what I need for me now.
It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.
I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.
I am still ready to go for UFC 200.
I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.
If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.
For the record also -
For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
I AM NOT RETIRED.

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-21-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:30 AM
General Pimpin'

The Diaz brother have both been slammed an punished... and had the UFC not give them fights for months and months at a time because they skip media events. Same should be for McGregor.

Crappy thing for Diaz is that he's going to loose out on life changing money. This is the type of fight that win or loose he could make enough to do o.k. for himself for a while. If I was him I'd lobby for another big big fight on the same time table... for the same pay out.

You know Cerrone would jump in there right now and fight no matter the weight.
Nurmagomedov or Furguson would be rad but Diaz would have to be willing to completely change his training because he's got to drop weight again and that's not what he's been doing for this fight.

If I was Diaz I'd stay the hell away from anyone else in the 170 weights. Thompson is a monster. Even further down that that he'd be looking at someone like Condit or Hendricks... and those are his brother's fights. He doesn't belong in 170.

Hell... they should dump the german and have him fight BJ Penn. LOL!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:36 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
I think UFC has Vince McMahon on bleep-ing consulting payroll given the amount of high school level egotistical drama that keeps piling on. I do a double take during every Sherdog log on to verify I did not accidentally end up in WWF territory.

*puts think rimmed glasses and skinny jeans on* Oh how I miss those Pride days...are grand entrances, steroid juiced bloody fights, some rigged pairing/betting and Yakuza henchman lurking in the shadows to slap out of line fighters in line too much to ask for these days?!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:44 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
For being Mixed "Martial Artists" these guys are awfully weak. From Rousey contemplating suicide and having an emotional break down to Conor's recent antics. Your playing a game for a living making 100's of thousands even millions. STOP *****ING.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:41 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Deniz1980
For being Mixed "Martial Artists" these guys are awfully weak. From Rousey contemplating suicide and having an emotional break down to Conor's recent antics. Your playing a game for a living making 100's of thousands even millions. STOP *****ING.
Yeah. No. Just no. Only a handful of fighters in UFC make that much; mostly belt holders, proven contenders and household veterans. Everyone else needs 2nd jobs...3rd and 4th if they are on the under card.

UFC 181 salaries: Lawler tops the list with $220,000 - Bloody Elbow Here is the first "UFC Purse Payouts" result that Google gave me. Yup. Millions.

6 (of 22) fighters walked away with ~75% of the total purse; good for them. On the flip side, 12 collected ~$30k or less with remaining 4 collecting $45-80k...

...BUT also remember that they guys still have to pay their handlers, trainers/camps, agents, IRS/state taxes, insurance, medical, etc…which does not add to much when one is lucky to fight twice a year? Sponsorships help, but unless you are one of those 5 guys, it is peanuts.

The problem is that UFC is the only major national game in town and they have so many fighters on retainer that it is impossible to give everyone anywhere close to constant fights to provide consistent living.

Ray, help me out here
Old 04-21-2016, 06:33 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
I was referring to the minority making a lot of money. Bottom line is the promotional tours is part of that contract. Do your job. Talk all that ****. Than make a million excuses about how you lost. Take a ****ing loss. Go back to the drawing board and do it again. Dana breast feeding these newbies.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:38 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Yeah. No. Just no. Only a handful of fighters in UFC make that much; mostly belt holders, proven contenders and household veterans. Everyone else needs 2nd jobs...3rd and 4th if they are on the under card.

UFC 181 salaries: Lawler tops the list with $220,000 - Bloody Elbow Here is the first "UFC Purse Payouts" result that Google gave me. Yup. Millions.

6 (of 22) fighters walked away with ~75% of the total purse; good for them. On the flip side, 12 collected ~$30k or less with remaining 4 collecting $45-80k...

...BUT also remember that they guys still have to pay their handlers, trainers/camps, agents, IRS/state taxes, insurance, medical, etc…which does not add to much when one is lucky to fight twice a year? Sponsorships help, but unless you are one of those 5 guys, it is peanuts.

The problem is that UFC is the only major national game in town and they have so many fighters on retainer that it is impossible to give everyone anywhere close to constant fights to provide consistent living.

Ray, help me out here

For sure man. It's ridiculous how little most of the fighters get paid.... hell... it's kind of ridiculous how "little" the big dogs make.

You can compare PPV numbers from boxing to UFC fights and boxers will make $3-4m on a card that draws a quarter of the numbers a similar UFC card draws and they get $200k.

More fighters... sure. But still. The UFC takes a MASSIVE percentage of the dough and it needs to change.

The only way that will happen is if a bunch of guys leave at the same time and jump to a rival.

I can see where McGregor was going by saying... I get paid to fight blah blah... don't want to leave because I need to concentrate on training... blah blah. Both Diaz brothers and a few other big fighters have had issues over the years with that.

But fact is... you get paid to ENTERTAIN. A massive massive part of that is th press conferences and the media tours. The signings. Etc. If you aren't doing that then you aren't doing part of your job... so you aren't earning your money. Especially with a guy that's marketed like he is... this big trash talker...etc. Most of the hype he's drawn has come directly from his press conference behavior. In the ring he is much less vocal. Unlike the Diaz brothers that are all about in ring.

So if you're gonna punish guys by taking fights away and what not... you have to do that to everyone equally.

I honestly don't think this was the right fight for him so I wouldn't be surprised if this was all planned. Now he doesn't have to fight diaz. The his division gets attention outside of him by having an interim fight and more with him coming to reclaim his belt... etc. He gets out of fighting Diaz and facing another loss to a guy the UFC doesn't like. Diaz now has to fight someone else for less money and he'll be at risk of loosing... if he does then he looses a big piece of his hype train and championship fight talks... etc.

All in all... McGregor is protected. The 200 card is still stacked. They have the Diaz draw in another fight. They'll have the McGregor draw in a different fight. Etc. They basically turned a bunch of weirdness into 4-5 fight cards instead of.... 1 or 2.

UFC makes more money in the end.

As time goes on I see more and more things that they're doing that are all about the money. It really is becoming the WWE with real KO's.

But yeah... I agree dude. You're directly on point.

That's why I said that if they give McGregor the 200 fight with Diaz then he should loose a large percentage of his purse and have to split it between Diaz and the rest of the guys that DID market the fight. I guarantee you that if you tell Diaz he's getting and extra $1m+ and the rest of the card is getting an extra $100-250k each.... they'd welcome McGregor back. And McGregor would still clear $4-6m total.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Deniz1980
I was referring to the minority making a lot of money. Bottom line is the promotional tours is part of that contract. Do your job. Talk all that ****. Than make a million excuses about how you lost. Take a ****ing loss. Go back to the drawing board and do it again. Dana breast feeding these newbies.

Agree with this too. LOL!

Promotion is a MASSIVE part of what they're paid to do. You think McGregor earned all that money fighting for 13 seconds? Nope... it was the months of training and the media runs that made it worth it for the UFC.

They're entertainers that just happen to kick the **** out of each other.

And yes... tired of the excuses. McGregor screwed up. He got beat by a more complete fighter. Excuses got tossed around and blah blah blah. Now he doesn't want to and can't afford to loose again so he's stressed out and doesn't want to leave his camp... well... neither does Diaz.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:45 AM
General Pimpin'

Morning Report: Michael Bisping calls Dan Henderson a 'cheat' and an 'old piece of s**t,' wants to 'put him in the grave' - MMA Fighting

this dude is a clown. one of the worst champs in ufc history.

He had no business in the ring at all and he got very very lucky that Luke came in way way way too cocky and basically let him punch him in the face.

It doesn't matter who walks into that ring... he's gonna loose. And he knows it. He knows his best chance is against and old fart... hendo. And the UFC knows that hendo's only chance to retire a champ is right now. It's like a movie script. That is the fight that will happen. And my hope is that Hendo hits him with an H-Bomb and then drops a forearm on his face for good measure. Then walks over and say... it's o.k. you'll come around... you're in the ring by the way... Then retires. Nobody wants to see that dude die in the ring. Win the belt. Retire.

Knock out the count and he'll drop right back down to upper end gate keeper status... then you can put him against Silva or Vitor or Hector.

Give the fight to Hendo. He'll win. Retire.

Then Chris/Luke fight for the vacated title. Because that was the fight that should have happened if Chris didn't ***** out and Luke didn't fight hurt.

Quick Reply: UFC Thread