Tire Stretch Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by StealthMODE
when you drive your car the way it was meant to be driven, **** happens to it. but im sure you wouldnt know what thats like. ive never seen you on a run with us.
If you ever drive that stretched setup the way the car is meant to be driven you will have serious problems. You wouldn't pass tech at an SCCA track event, you would give them a good laugh though
Old 04-28-2012, 11:32 AM

Car Info: Limited WRX WFC #1122
Originally Posted by slugrx
Kind of disappointed in my fellow iclubbers...after 10pages there's still not a sexually related "stretch" joke
Mayne I'm stretchin more tire than a gyno does vagina
Old 04-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
^^^ haha there we go!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
I was going to quote a few here. But I feel I do not need to.
People mod their cars the way they can with what they have or maybe they do not have a place to do it at. Not everyone is a pro or can mod like a pro.
We have a big cross section of people here. With that everyone does stuff or thinks of their car differently. One guys dream car is another guys eye sore!

What I really do not like. Is everyone here likes to sit and point fingers, crack jokes and so on. Oh your car is this.. Oh your car is that. Or your fenders look like ............ To a point its ok.. Or crack a joke but help the guy....

Yet, No one has stepped up in this thread to help. While this forum is a close bunch of people. And we all ***** about what others do might make us look bad or safety.... (I do the same. I worry about resale value and safety) No one offers to help the guys that need a hand.

I would help Stealth but the drive to Phx might be far for him. Those fenders can be saved with a little bit of work. And just a little bit of work together we can have some great looking cars. Mentoring goes a long way. I know we got people that work in all sorts of industries here. Autobody???? I think this sort of togetherness has been lost over the years. If we all helped each other out we would have some pretty kick *** cars rolling around.

Not saying that Stealth needs it. He's just a example because of this thread.

We need a self help thread for BAIC. Just a thread were people can go and ask for help or pointers. Then sticky it to the top. The economy is still crap for many. So people cant always go to a shop.

Like I said. If I am in town I am always up for helping out. If you have questions I am always for helping. Some of the stuff I have done to my car might be able to help others crossing the same path.

Just a thought!

Last edited by old.guy; 04-28-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:45 PM

Hah the black sti that stealthmode posted is long gone...that car was beat up and was keyed all around...you wouldn't notice the fenders if you saw it in person haha you'd just marvel over the huge key marks all on it
Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
^^ It doesnt matter, his car is sold now I think after it got keyed up in A town. Its someone elses mess now.

Last edited by pho_shizzle; 04-28-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I think its all in good fun. There are plenty on this forum that help others out including myself. Im always careful though because there are people that want you to do their work for free and then theres the vendors who lose out on money because you're doing the free work.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Verdict: Rediculous.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
I think its all in good fun. There are plenty on this forum that help others out including myself. Im always careful though because there are people that want you to do their work for free and then theres the vendors who lose out on money because you're doing the free work.
Truth. I've asked people like Anthony and Tito to help me with some installs, but I've always paid for their time and I'm willing to keep doing so. Even if I'm just using their tools or pad to do work because I don't have the tools. I'm willing to throw them some cash or treat them to lunch or breakfast or whatever.

Back on topic. If you're scared about popping a bead, then maybe you should run a wider tire to fit your wheel. I would hate to hear that your tires blew up on the freeway or driving somewhere and having an accident.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 05 white WRX
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
+1. I've helped you out a few times and you have returned the favor even more so. I know many people including yourself have felt that someone is trying to take advantage at certain points. I'll always ask for help, not in the sense I want free work but more so the fact that I would love to learn something I don't already know. I love helping people or selling something cheaper here for the cause of the "community".
Old 04-28-2012, 01:31 PM

How hard is it to pop a bead? I went with 245/45/17 on a 9 inch because I was too scared of some of the potholes on my daily commute. The downside is I cant get the rear tires to stop rubbing on turns when driving like a race car.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Geronamezzy
Mayne I'm stretchin more tire than a gyno does vagina
Winner winner chicken dinner
Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 PM

^^^Should have gone 245/40
Old 04-28-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
^^^Should have gone 245/40
should've, could've, would've haha. Im getting pretty close to getting a Fozzy anyway. Might be easier to get that setup to tuck on it with some flares.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:42 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Shoulda coulda Eastwooda

Quick Reply: Tire Stretch Opinions?