Tactical/Emergency Vest Setups

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
I like being more of the guy with the biggest gun on the highest hill wins.. Then I send someone from my group down to pick up your stuff.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Originally Posted by brucelee
... Spend your money on some valid training courses, not just firearms training courses, but actual survival courses where you kill your own food, make shelter out of nothing, learn to adapt to your surroundings, and most importantly, how to wipe your *** with rocks.
this

OP, how's your physical shape?
Speed and ability to withstand long distance marches is as important as well equipped backpack/vest.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
this

OP, how's your physical shape?
Speed and ability to withstand long distance marches is as important as well equipped backpack/vest.
Less the long distance marches, and more short term heavy activity like sprints and moving car to car/building to building/door to door.

The whole goal here folks, is if the SHTF, you want to blend in. You want to be the ones the "bad guys" look at and go "ehy, he is no threat". Stand out and you become target #1.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
**** this, Who is with me on Stealing one of those attack choppers? I'm certain 1 or 2 could defend all of iclub.
In. I call gunner seat.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:54 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

read:

Guest Post: J.L. Bourne talks apocalypse loadout with First Spear OAGRE | Military Times GearScout
Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Overbear
Less the long distance marches, and more short term heavy activity like sprints and moving car to car/building to building/door to door.

What exactly do you anticipate on happening where you need to go door to door with vests and such? Unless you're on the offense, you most likely wont be needing to go door to door, car to car, sprinting. lol

Sorry, just a funny mental image.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
when the day comes and a real shtf situation comes ill be watching for the morons with more tactical gear than common sense. ill be helping myself to what i need. you want to fly under the radar,not draw unwanted attention to yourself.
plain black backpack,concealed weapon and a handful of other items.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Mission dictates gear selection. Everything is METT-TC dependent.

As far as a First Line loadout, you should have the 3 basic essentials. Ammo, IFAK and Hydration. All the other crap can get stowed in your Third Line gear.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by FW Motorsports
How much training do you have?
Are you prior service?
Being prior service (especially in a combat arms MOS) would give someone a good advantage over the general population. Most infantrymen are pretty good at land nav, setting up ambushes, trauma care, patrolling, etc. Those skills will definitely come in handy. But just keep in mind, you will won't have a squad supporting you in a SHTF situation. Better work on your INDIVIDUAL skill sets and train accordingly if you'll be operating alone or in a small team.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
steal boat, go to alaska. GG
Old 01-10-2012, 07:49 AM

What exactly do you anticipate on happening where you need to go door to door with vests and such? Unless you're on the offense, you most likely wont be needing to go door to door, car to car, sprinting. lol

Full on Katrina(say, a 8.4+ earthquake) type situation. Somthing where there is no law inforcement what so ever, and riots/looting is going on. If I have to move my loved ones out of the area I am not going to hesitate to drop anyone that even looks like a threat.

Situational combat tactics.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by nation
when the day comes and a real shtf situation comes ill be watching for the morons with more tactical gear than common sense. ill be helping myself to what i need. you want to fly under the radar,not draw unwanted attention to yourself.
plain black backpack,concealed weapon and a handful of other items.
Depends, somtimes a "show of force" can ward off a majority of the vultures. Again its all about situational combat tactics.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Nice gear but $600 for vest, belt, and recce pack???
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by Overbear
Full on Katrina(say, a 8.4+ earthquake) type situation. Somthing where there is no law inforcement what so ever, and riots/looting is going on. If I have to move my loved ones out of the area I am not going to hesitate to drop anyone that even looks like a threat.

Situational combat tactics.
I'm thinking a 8.0 or larger on the hayward fault is going to cause a huge mess. I already have plans and supplies for such a mess. Also being that I live close to the hills. I plan to move out to higher ground for the 1st few days should anything bad go down. I figure once there I can then decided to hold out or move out.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
I don't intend for my vest to be used for long term. My intention is for it to be used for short term as a quick and easy means of protection until order can be restored. May be against the law to use such high cap magazines and weapons, but I will deal with the consequences after the emergency has subsided.

My vest is easy access for me as is my backpack that is loaded with MREs, medical supplies, water filtration, etc. My backpack contains the emergency items. The way I have it set up is perfect for me to provide protection if needed and continue to be highly mobile. Like I said, I don't intend for it to be used for long term, My vest is what I use for protection for the time being.

Thanks for your constructive criticism guys and gals.

I guess that I look at the problem in a fundamentally different way than a lot of folks do. My primary task is quiet and fast evac to someplace safe and remote and to get there in one piece. I will go around (or retreat from) threats because I am 1 dude with 2 guns versus and enemy with unknown size and strength.

Going attacking hostile person or group is more dangerous than avoiding contact altogether.

Quick Reply: Tactical/Emergency Vest Setups