Strange thing happen to my subie last night.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
You are not wrong.
BTW, I can't remember that last time I got shocked from any omy Subarus or any of my customer's cars.
Does the alternator also power the ECU?

... and the static shock depends on what shoes you're wearing, certain shoes get me shocked while exiting a number of different cars.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I've gotten static shock from all of my subies at one time or another. It depends on the seat material, pants, shirts, and shoes you're wearing. Try holding on to a metal part of your door as you slide out of the car. That will get rid of those nasty shocks for good .

A loose battery terminal can cause significant voltage fluctuations that could freak out the ECU. I've seen this happen before. The BOV is also a possibility, but if you were in gear when this happened, I would doubt it. You might as well take the BOV apart and clean it for good measure. The TXS units tend to get gunked up and stick.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Thx guys for all your insights. I retightend the battery terminals and will clean out the BOV. I went on that Mtn. drive up saratoga and back down on Page Mill rd. to 280. w/ my jetta buddy on sunday the 9th and no probs at all...but man it will still in the back of my mind when on was on the tight turns lol.. thx again guys!