Stevens Creek Subaru...strikes again.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Car Info: 2001 BRP 2.5rs w/ 03 WRX
Thumbs down Stevens Creek Subaru...strikes again.

If I could give negative stars, I would. Shopping for a Subaru at the Stevens Creek Subaru was a complete nightmare.

4/4/09

I pull into the parking lot of stevens creek Subaru around noon in the hopes that the service wasn't as bad as everyone talks about. I'm approached by a gorilla looking man named Robert Z. ( thats all that was on his card ). I explain I'm looking for an STi and I'm really ready to buy and interested in seeing what they have. Robert Z. brings me over to a blue 2007 Subaru STi that looked really clean. Great over all car. He gets the keys, starts it up and immediately revs the engine giving no regard for car and not letting it warm up. He tells me to hop in and we head out for a test drive.

As we're driving around, he asks me "Do you have you SCCA license?" I say no and he goes on to try and impress me with the car. During the drive Robert slams the car into 2nd, then 3rd then 4th trying to go as fast as possible. As we pull back into the dealership lot, I'm thinking to myself, "Why the hell would I buy this car if this is how he test drives it for everyone?!". I promptly tell him I'll think about it and leave without saying much more anything to him.

Later that day I try out other dealerships and still don’t find anything that I'm looking for. I call up Stevens Creek Subaru managers and explain what had happened. They said they were sorry for what had happened and would have someone more professional help me. So I tell them I’m coming in around 8:50pm. I was really eager to buy my car. They said they’d stay open for a bit because of what happened. I get there around 9:00pm that day and to my surprise, Robert Z. is there ready to help me. I was so disappointed because he totally turned me off to the whole car buying experience.

It's now 9pm and Robert is trying to get me to buy a car on a rush decision. He shows me an STi that has 3 different wheels, a WRX trunk and random bits all over. He doesn't know half of what he's talking about. Anyways, he tells me to go inside to talk numbers. We go inside and he starts getting an attitude with me. So, I tell him I'm not interested in buying a car from him anymore and I proceed to leave the store. I'm a little bit over half way to my car when Robert comes chasing me out of the dealership yelling that he'll sell my the STi for 19k+ fees. I immediately stopped and asked him "are you serious? Is that a firm number?". Now during the time he's telling me bull$hit numbers, his managers ( the ones that were supposed to be the professional ones ) literally lock the doors on him and walk away.

So lets recap. We have Stevens Creek Subaru dealership managers locking a dealer out of the place with all his belongings still in the store because the dealer, Robert, chased me down yelling fake numbers to keep me there. Simply put, it was a nightmare. Once Robert found out he was locked out, he then went on to yell at me, tear up the contract paper that was in his hand and insult me and my friends.

Stevens Creek Subaru
3155 Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose, CA 95117
(408) 984-2001

Overall, during the last 5 years, I’ve never heard from any of my Subaru buddies, any good stories or experiences from this dealership. It’s a shame that a dealership with such nice location has such bad service, management, and attitude.

PS: I did end up buying a STi the next day but not from Stevens Creek. A place right down the street. Sad times for Stevens Creek.

30k miles, 06, rotas...I wonder if this is anyones on here??? hahah
Name:  l.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  48.6 KB

attn mods: I searched on a thread about this dealership and couldn't find one. If there is one, could you please move this posting into it?

Last edited by Wayne; 04-10-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
Wow... what a tool that Robert guy is. I really wonder if he manages to sell any car with that type of approach.

Congrats on your pick up!

I know the horror stories are the ones most remembered but I really don't recall hearing any good stories about Stevens Creek. Capitol has a great service dept though, never had any experience with their sales dept.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
damn that sucks. but in the end you got a nice looking sti.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by vik682
Wow... what a tool that Robert guy is. I really wonder if he manages to sell any car with that type of approach.

Congrats on your pick up!

I know the horror stories are the ones most remembered but I really don't recall hearing any good stories about Stevens Creek. Capitol has a great service dept though, never had any experience with their sales dept.
Yeah, I went to Capitol and they wouldn't budge on price with a car but Edison was really nice and did what he could to work with me.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
banned

Car Info: green
CLean STi you came up on man.
Some of those dealer guys are tough, and try to put all that pressure on you like its a last chance thing. Doing somethin like that will most deff push you away.
Good to hear you made the right call, and didnt let that affect ya
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I've read plenty on here about that dealership. What you need to do is find some guy on the forum (not sure if he's still here) that works at capital or santa cruz, he'd hook you up on a new car =P
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 PM

Car Info: nothing
1st car looks good.

2nd why the hell did you goto stevens creek, that place is a genetic cesspool.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
should have gone to santa cruz! they gave me a whole new motor for free in 03!

as for stevens creek...if you heard all the bad stories, why bother even trying to go there?

and forealz?? the guy's boss locked him out of his own place of work??
Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Traxamillion
1st car looks good.

2nd why the hell did you goto stevens creek, that place is a genetic cesspool.
looooool I HAD HOPE!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
should have gone to santa cruz! they gave me a whole new motor for free in 03!

as for stevens creek...if you heard all the bad stories, why bother even trying to go there?

and forealz?? the guy's boss locked him out of his own place of work??
Yep. Pretty sad right? I mean I felt bad that happened to him but he was a complete ***. I was going to offer him a ride home but then he started to yell at me. So I left his *** in the cold and went and drank sake.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I used to back stevens creek as i bought three sti's from them but after trying to get my tribeca and the sales guys wouldnt even try to work with me to find the color i wanted i went to capitol. I thought after buying 3 stis from them they would give me decent service but after the attitudes i got i was very happy to go check out capitol. They treated me awesome from the start and to this day!!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
Yeah when I was shopping for an STI and EVO I went to both Stevens Creek Subaru and SC Mitsubishi and Capitol Mitsubishi (all the same owner)... Had horrible experience at all places (LONG story). Went to Capitol Subaru and had a great experience there, both their sales and service dept were really great.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 AM

Car Info: 11' WRX and 10' XT
That sucks that you wasted so much time and energy on douche bags from Steven Creek. I had a similar experience, one of the worst dealerships by far. At least you got the car at end.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:38 AM

Car Info: 2009 wrx
when i went around shopping for my wrx, stevens creek subaru was easily the worst in terms of how they conduct their business with potential customers
Old 04-11-2009, 01:51 AM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
sweet looking car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru...strikes again.