Stevens Creek Subaru...strikes again.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Wayne
The parts ppl are cool. They've helped me with my 01rs. I think when most people say "the dealership" they're referring to the customer facing group, the salespeople. There are different parts to a dealership and I think the all perform differently at Stevens Creek Subaru.

I do know that there is a hottie asian chick who works at the tuning shop next door to Stevens Creek. Also, there's an asian saleswomen working at stevens creek. She's hot too.
how long has unit 91 been there?
in 2003 someone in parts tried to charge me 18 dollars for an oil filter. since that day I've never gone back. that...and because I also moved to socal lol
Old 04-11-2009, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by yayitzian
how long has unit 91 been there?
in 2003 someone in parts tried to charge me 18 dollars for an oil filter. since that day I've never gone back. that...and because I also moved to socal lol
Ryan has been the parts manager since June of 08 I beleive. Since then we have special discounts for I club members. You just have to mention it.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 2008 STi OBP
Similar, if less toxic, experience here. I was looking around for an 08 STi in December. Noting that SCreek had a couple listed on their web page, I drove over on a Sunday afternoon to check them out. When I arrived I was met with a strangely negative attitude and the statement that they had no 08s left and that I was stupid for not having grabbed one in November when the $7k off promotion was happening. I walked away in disgust, noting that an 09 STi was sitting on the lot and they had made 0 attempt to even show it to me. How do you succeed as a car dealership if you are not actually trying to sell cars? What? Do you stay in business by waiting for people walk in the door and just throw piles of money at you?

From their parking lot, I called up Capitol. They had an 08 with 8 miles on the clock. I was test driving it a half hour later (with Jason, the best salesperson ever). The next day I picked it up (with the $7k off an 0%) and have never looked back. Great experience at Capitol!!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i did however get my wrx in jan of 02 from stevens creek for 23400 though.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:58 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
hmmmmmmm should i take my car to stevens creek to do a free service inspection if they are offering it for april? or should i be worried about them in that department as well?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Well, their parts dept is TOP NOTCH.

Ive had so many bad experiences there, it's not even funny... Actually, one time this salesman called my mom a lair, and as we were leaving he shoved me... I seriously almost beat the living crap out of him... I grabbed him by the collar and exchanged some night nice words... This was Daaaaaaays ago though... Back in 2002 maybe.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X
it surprises me how there are so many negative things posted and said about Stevens creek, and Capital(which are the same owners) subaru, and how they continue to get people to try them out.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Project Worx
it surprises me how there are so many negative things posted and said about Stevens creek, and Capital(which are the same owners) subaru, and how they continue to get people to try them out.
they are not owned by the same person
Old 04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
Ryan has been the parts manager since June of 08 I beleive. Since then we have special discounts for I club members. You just have to mention it.
Yeah man have to agree Ryan ( Unit 91 ) is an awesome person. I met him at the big meet last year in Fremont and would gladly work with him as he knows his stuff. I wouldn't buy a car from Steven's Creek, but I would gladly go to their parts department now.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Yeah man have to agree Ryan ( Unit 91 ) is an awesome person. I met him at the big meet last year in Fremont and would gladly work with him as he knows his stuff. I wouldn't buy a car from Steven's Creek, but I would gladly go to their parts department now.
I think the member ment the post for the sales depart, and not parts department. I don't think he mentions the parts department at all if I recall.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
they are not owned by the same person
Ohhhh them my appoligys for this false information. One of the sales guys at capitol had mentioned it to me about 3 months ago, maybe I just heard wrong.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Sales guys at the Steven Creek area just don't get it. We should picket the damn place n' get people to go to Capital or Santa Cruz.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Sales guys at the Steven Creek area just don't get it. We should picket the damn place n' get people to go to Capital or Santa Cruz.
+1,000 for santa cruz
Old 04-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
I bought my '08 STi at Stevens Creek, but did not deal with their salesmen. I had Yohan from Method 4 deal directly with Jeff (gm, I believe) and their crew to get me their big deal back in November.

If you find a car at SC that you want, make sure you deal with Masood. He was the one that went over the basic stuff with me when I bought the STi, and I've dealt with him when my friend was shopping for an Outback Sport (and later changed his mind to a WRX...) He won't BS you, heck he'd even show you on their computers what deals and financing rates are available. I think anyone who has dealt with SC or Masood would tell you to look for him.

Parts? Look for Ryan.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Project Worx
I think the member ment the post for the sales depart, and not parts department. I don't think he mentions the parts department at all if I recall.
Originally Posted by Wayne
If I could give negative stars, I would. Shopping for a Subaru at the Stevens Creek Subaru was a complete nightmare.

Stevens Creek Subaru
3155 Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose, CA 95117
(408) 984-2001

Overall, during the last 5 years, I’ve never heard from any of my Subaru buddies, any good stories or experiences from this dealership. It’s a shame that a dealership with such nice location has such bad service, management, and attitude.
Here's a few clips from the OP's post. Now while I am sure his anger was justly directed at the Sales Department of Steven's Creek Subaru and his very poor experience with them, the overall review section of his post can be interpreted to mean the entire dealership. Myself along with several others are just pointing out that while most people seem to generally agree that the Sales Department get a Thumbs Down, the Parts Department since Ryan has been there should receive a Thumbs Up.

Realistically though my post was more directed as an answer to yayitzian's post and meant to accompany DemonPossessed's post as well.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru...strikes again.