So it's official, the Air Force rejected me :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:37 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Not surprised they rejected you...

You said the magic words: Back Pain
Instant disqualifier. All they see is someone that is going to get in, serve a while then go out on a medical discharge and get a free ride for the rest of their lives. Besides who really wants to be a REMF wing wiper anyway??? Just kidding. Seriously though, go to the army or marines and start over. Just don't mention the back pain or fear of confined spaces. There are plenty of really cool jobs in the SOCOM that need smart people. With your education why arn't you shooting for a butter bar?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx Sti 2005, 2012 Silverado, 2013 ZX-10R
I'm not at a shore unit sebhockey. I have been around the world on this boat. And the CG is almost impossible to get into right now.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited
Originally Posted by Coastie1983
I'm not at a shore unit sebhockey. I have been around the world on this boat. And the CG is almost impossible to get into right now.
You missed the joke entirely, I was on the same boat as you when it went around the world. Now I have to cross it every work day...
Old 02-19-2011, 07:36 PM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx Sti 2005, 2012 Silverado, 2013 ZX-10R
I know you were. Your Bristow. I didn't think you got on here?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Sorry to hear about not being able to join the Air Force. With the way the economy is and the job market, I think the military doesn't have any problem filling their quotas. It was a dream for me as a kid to be a pilot too. I think a lot of car guys, when they were younger, were airplane guys. Seems like quite a few of us on the boards use to love planes..or still do, as a hobby. I know I was crazy about planes..from WWII fighters to F-22's. I use to watch the Blue Angels every year as a kid. I remember the ship parades and they had F-18s taking off from an aircraft carrier during on of those fleet weeks. I also remember seeing the ship parade come into the bay from the window of my school since we were so close to ocean beach. Lots of great memories. I also lined up for hours to get on the USS Constellation when they visited to be able to look around an aircraft carrier. Discovery channel use to have so many awesome episodes of ships, planes, carriers, and a lot of cool military hardware shows that I would record. And there were countless great fighter sims like Falcon 3.0/4.0, Jane's fighter games, Aces High, and many others. Fighter sims use to be so popular but nowadays they don't really develop them anymore it seems.

Anyways, I was wondering if any one would like to get one of those fighter sims and play co-op missions together. I remember seeing a short clip or something where some people were really into Falcon 4.0 and they would have like nice set up's with 3 monitors and an actual flight control cockpit with all the switches. But it would be fun to play missions together if we can find a good game to do that. Though my joystick and throttle is back home..I probably won't be able to join in until summer, but you guys should definitely do it.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by BoxerRumble
Sorry to hear about not being able to join the Air Force. With the way the economy is and the job market, I think the military doesn't have any problem filling their quotas. It was a dream for me as a kid to be a pilot too. I think a lot of car guys, when they were younger, were airplane guys. Seems like quite a few of us on the boards use to love planes..or still do, as a hobby. I know I was crazy about planes..from WWII fighters to F-22's. I use to watch the Blue Angels every year as a kid. I remember the ship parades and they had F-18s taking off from an aircraft carrier during on of those fleet weeks. I also remember seeing the ship parade come into the bay from the window of my school since we were so close to ocean beach. Lots of great memories. I also lined up for hours to get on the USS Constellation when they visited to be able to look around an aircraft carrier. Discovery channel use to have so many awesome episodes of ships, planes, carriers, and a lot of cool military hardware shows that I would record. And there were countless great fighter sims like Falcon 3.0/4.0, Jane's fighter games, Aces High, and many others. Fighter sims use to be so popular but nowadays they don't really develop them anymore it seems.

Anyways, I was wondering if any one would like to get one of those fighter sims and play co-op missions together. I remember seeing a short clip or something where some people were really into Falcon 4.0 and they would have like nice set up's with 3 monitors and an actual flight control cockpit with all the switches. But it would be fun to play missions together if we can find a good game to do that. Though my joystick and throttle is back home..I probably won't be able to join in until summer, but you guys should definitely do it.
Sounds fun as hell!