So it's official, the Air Force rejected me :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 AM

Car Info: 2015 DGM WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
wait, do you know me? Oh, that's right, you don't.

My online persona is not the same as my real life persona, any of my friends can attest to it.

You're really lame for judging someone based off an internet forum.
I met you in real life before I knew who you were on i-club. That is all.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Lagunatic
I met you in real life before I knew who you were on i-club. That is all.
No you didn't. you don't need to lie to kick it.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
YO DANIEL

What you gotta do is utilize your friends/assets you have on this community.
I know you may have forgotten what it is I do for the army but I am as rear eschelon as they get. I am a Career counselor.

I know you like the airforce, hell if I had it all to do over again I would have gone into the airforce too.

On the other hand with your background you would be a great asset to the intel community. You have a BS, the field is immeterial.

There is one community in the Army still looking for people specifically officers, and that is intel.

I can coach you through the recruitment process, even hold your hand and walk you there. Ensure you get everything in your contract you want, and have you on your way to OCS in 60 days or less.

You still have my number so call me.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:40 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
YO DANIEL

I know you may have forgotten what it is I do for the army but I am as rear eschelon as they get. I am a Career counselor.

I know you like the airforce, hell if I had it all to do over again I would have gone into the airforce too.

On the other hand with your background you would be a great asset to the intel community. You have a BS, the field is immeterial.

There is one community in the Army still looking for people specifically officers, and that is intel.

I can coach you through the recruitment process, even hold your hand and walk you there. Ensure you get everything in your contract you want, and have you on your way to OCS in 60 days or less.

you better call him Daniel!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
daniel, i think you still have a shot.. perhaps not with the af, perhaps not with flying fighter jets but a shot at flying something if it weren't for the back pain

keep your options open.. other branches have flying positions too

i hope you're currently doing pt as well, it'll be a much easier transition physically.. idk if you're going enlisted or officer, but i'm roughly in the same boat trying to get in.. i'm going the ocs route and i'm trying to stay sharp by prepping for assessments and most definitely pt

g'luck man
Old 02-15-2011, 03:08 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Degree = Officer, so if Dannyman has a degree he'll head in that direction instead of the brute force army grunt infantry.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Shayhan27
YO DANIEL

Hey man! Thanks so much for chiming in... I got a new phone so I don't have your number (or anyones) anymore. You wanna meet up like last time? I'd love to have your advice, I'll buy you lunch or something. PM your number so I can call ya.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:27 PM

PS: Shayhan > Lagunatic

(For you slow people, like Lagunatic, it means that someone is greater than you. HA)

Nice ripoff of my website's name BTW, that's real classy.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Degree = Officer, so if Dannyman has a degree he'll head in that direction instead of the brute force army grunt infantry.
physics is what id go in with
Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Daniel,

If you are interested in Army, I can put you in contact with the East Bay recruiting commander (Capt.). Met him today, seems like a nice guy.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Its pretty hard to believe that in a time of war we are flooded with recruits and officer candidates, must be the slow economy.

[crazypoliticalconspiracytheoryrant]Its like a damn government conspiracy, they caused the housing bubble to slow down the economy to keep a flow of soldiers coming in, haha...I know when I was in the Army (00-04) everyone I knew was jumping ship like crazy and for good reason, they were throwing bonuses, promotions, duty station of choice out there like crazy.[/crazypoliticalconspiracyrant]

But seriously I loved being in the army, definitely the best experience I have had in my life thus far (for many reasons). I say go for it.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 03/05/06 WRX with some STI parts :- P
^Well Dan you have a few options that have just been put forth infront of you! To me they sound like wonderful opportunities... It would be a CRIME if you did not at least take a look into every single one of them!!! Man i dont know you well, im not a friend, or a relative. Im just another guy that is part of our vast Family here on i-club... and my family advice is this... Though i do not have the wisdom of experience or the knowledge of age, i do have the common sense of a human being... and my common sense is that if i were in your shoes i would do just about anything and everything to get where i wanna go! And when you have a possible opportunity such as this i would definitely look into it! The best job in the world is doing something you love!!!

anyways enough ranting!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:34 PM

Im trying!!! hahah...

It would be really sweet if I was able to move to Europe which is why I'm so stuck on the AF... I don't know much about the Army or Navy.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 PM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx Sti 2005, 2012 Silverado, 2013 ZX-10R
We have had people on our boat join at 30 with kids. It is hard for most of them to have a young JO telling them what to do. And your height would be horrible for the boat. We have a 6'7" guy on here and he hates life.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited
Originally Posted by Coastie1983
We have had people on our boat join at 30 with kids. It is hard for most of them to have a young JO telling them what to do. And your height would be horrible for the boat. We have a 6'7" guy on here and he hates life.
Don't lie Deal, you know you're actually at a shore unit...

Quick Reply: So it's official, the Air Force rejected me :(