So it's official, the Air Force rejected me :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
This thread is such an awesome example of the bizarre BL.

Hes scared of flying, can't sleep, needs all kinds of meds to sleep that don't work, scared of heights unless hes in a plane , a laundry list of ailments etc etc.

Man, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want you in charge of a multi-million dollar aircraft capable of tremendous destruction.
Lol, I think Brucelee needs a hug!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
What stands out to me here is this: anyone can stand back and criticize someone's origination but it takes guts to put a unique idea out there. I know people like this - people that contribute nothing whatsoever to life, conversation, anything yet sit back and try to make others feel bad for whatever reason. This is what a young, insecure boy does, because he has no affect on the world. The internet is helping to create a whole bunch of young boys shaped like adults... Hate on, mock, whatever but see if you have what it takes to share a dream with the internet and get pooped on by the trolls.

In short - you will probably never forget the character "brucelee" on i-club, but the trolls come and go - always carrying more or less the same identity with different usernames.

Like Jay says, "there's one ***** with many faces..."

Fear is what prevents a lot of people from attempting their dreams. Sounds like to me that Daniel was willing to conquer and overcome those fears as well as other difficulties to live out his dream someday. If there's a will, there's a way, I'd say.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 02-11-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Hey Daniel,

Ever thought about going into some sort of commissioned intelligence job in the Army? I don't really understand why the Army has a bad rep and people seem to not want to join it. Before I enlisted, everyone and their mothers (including mine) was telling me to go AF or Navy. You know, congrats on trying to though. That puts you above and beyond 99% of the US population. I raise my hat to you. Plus, if you now try for the Army, you get to go back to MEPS and get a ton of free food for dinner and breakfast! (That hotel is actually pretty nice)

Last edited by blue blurr; 02-11-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
When I stand on the ledge of a building, I get scared. If I'm a really tall rollercoaster I don't get scared, there a difference.

If Im stapped in an have a parachute, I'm good to go.

Heights are a weird subject, when you're 40,000 feet in the air, you dont get scared because the perspective is different, you cant see detail on the ground.

I can overcome my fear of flying (meaning being a passenger and having NO control), I'd love to be a pilot and always have... There's no fear if you are in control.

Anyway, I'd probably do translations or something.

Last edited by brucelee; 02-11-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

You should then. Go talk to a recruiter. If you want to do OCS, I've been told to talk to a commissioned recruiter, instead of an nco.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
the army will take you. they took my reject of a sister w/ more health issues than i care to think about.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:31 PM

Car Info: (sold)2004 WRB STi, MY05 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
I'm in the same boat. First thing I need to do is lose weight before attempting to join (specifically, National Guard).

I gotta knock the fat right out!

And if the military branches really are in their "overflow mode", that sucks because I really want to join!
ahaha welcome to the party...im going for the pilots route in the USAF...mainly helicopters...and yeah, if the military is on the whole overflow thing, that sucks
Old 02-11-2011, 08:08 PM

Car Info: 2015 DGM WRX
OP is seriously weird. The irate responses don't help that attribute either. I'm glad people on here support you but I'm happier you did not make into AF.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by brucelee
\

The pay is NOT good...
I'm surprised, since both of my friends working at Lawrence Livermore STARTED at $85K and have regular raises, one has been there over 10 years, he makes around $150K....as a lab rat (no MS, no PhD)....seriously way more than I make. The other guy has only been there 4 years, but after 2 years he got a raise to $100K...don't know what his salary is now, but it's over $100K...

The guy I know who works at the UC Berkeley lab won't tell me what he makes (I haven't really asked), but he has nicer stuff than I do...and very expensive hobbies...I must assume he makes more than I do.

EE's start off $65K-75K/yr in the bay area (my first job was union at 60K, second job was 66K, third 75K, fourth 85K, now I make 100), I think every PysSci major I know makes more with similar education.

I have one fortunate friend that is a Bio-Physics major and he makes over 200K ... but that's really because he went in to management and is an officer at his company.

http://www.pvamu.edu/pages/2750.asp

Physicist is in the top 20 paying jobs in the US, I don't see any ee's there.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

U.S. Army Infantry is officially CLOSED for FY2011. Talk about being crowded...

Last edited by blue blurr; 02-12-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 AM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
I don't know if it's wise to get into a profession simply for the money anyways, which I don't think Daniel was doing...
Old 02-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Lagunatic
OP is seriously weird. The irate responses don't help that attribute either. I'm glad people on here support you but I'm happier you did not make into AF.
wait, do you know me? Oh, that's right, you don't.

My online persona is not the same as my real life persona, any of my friends can attest to it.

You're really lame for judging someone based off an internet forum.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 03/05/06 WRX with some STI parts :- P
Originally Posted by SR20steve
They do have waivers for that type of stuff, it's not impossible to be medically denied but be cleared with a waiver...any recruiter should be all over this with you.

Also if you have a degree I would try and go the officer route, most regular recruiters won't tell you much about OCS (officer canidate school) but if you search for a local ROTC recruiter they can give you more info on ocs.
hey man seriously i concure... i have been in AFROTC Det 035 Fresno State Bull Dogs for a year now and i will tell you that it is the best way to go! with your creds im serious about things you can get into! ABM(airmen battle manager). Your AFOQT scores should be off the charts and you should easilty get your pick of what you want!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 01 forester/08 forester
Originally Posted by brucelee
wait, do you know me? Oh, that's right, you don't.

My online persona is not the same as my real life persona, any of my friends can attest to it.

You're really lame for judging someone based off an internet forum.
Pot kettle something
Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
I'm sorry you did not get in if you wanted to. The Coast Guard is where I would go personally. Good Luck...IIRC the limit is age 32 for new recruits.

Quick Reply: So it's official, the Air Force rejected me :(