Sheriff's patrol car hits bicyclists, kills 2...Stevens Creek

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
lol, a very good source for many disabilities
Old 03-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
I don't know how many of you out there work rotating shift work, but i'll tell you this it screws with you in a big way. I have been working shift work for over 10 years now and i'm still not used to it. I personally have experienced being sleepy at all sorts of weird hours. And it doesn't matter how much sleep you get the night before.

So its terrible what has happened. And like others have said my heart goes out to all involved. But its an accident. Could he have done things differently. Sure. I know I have driven home after a 12 hour shift and think i'm fine but then next thing you know your eyes are closed. Yah its scares the heck outta me, but I continue on home. Now that I have said that i'll don my flame-suit.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by vento
I don't know how many of you out there work rotating shift work, but i'll tell you this it screws with you in a big way. I have been working shift work for over 10 years now and i'm still not used to it. I personally have experienced being sleepy at all sorts of weird hours. And it doesn't matter how much sleep you get the night before.

So its terrible what has happened. And like others have said my heart goes out to all involved. But its an accident. Could he have done things differently. Sure. I know I have driven home after a 12 hour shift and think i'm fine but then next thing you know your eyes are closed. Yah its scares the heck outta me, but I continue on home. Now that I have said that i'll don my flame-suit.
I don't know man doesn't work out for me. I too work long crazy hrs and have a 100 mile commute and I agree it's tiring. My hours shift as stuff needs to be completed so I understand. That being said, i've driven home pretty tired, HOWEVER I always feel wow i'm getting tired. you don't just fall asleep without warning, and we are just going home not driving around as our job. Unacceptable especially given the police know how dangerous and are trained on how dangerous driving sleepy is.