Sheriff's patrol car hits bicyclists, kills 2...Stevens Creek

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
ya.. he fished up, but seriously.. hasn't anyone ever done something where you are just like "what was i thinking.."

crap happens.. and it sucks when peoples lives are taken.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
this is a sucky situation, but i wonder if any action will be taken, because in the article they said some other person was killed on the same road, and the guy that struck him was sentenced to a year in prison (maybe because he was speeding), just a thought though.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
the difference was a life taken. I bet the saved riders were riding on the inside
Inside of what?
The picture I saw had the cruiser fully off the road high on the left hand bank, a rider off the side of the road would have been run over.

Even single file the only way anyone would have had half a chance is if the bodies of the first two cushioned the impact
Old 03-10-2008, 04:01 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i meant this inside of the turn, but since he hit the bank it wouldnt matter.

Originally Posted by DeZt
this is a sucky situation, but i wonder if any action will be taken, because in the article they said some other person was killed on the same road, and the guy that struck him was sentenced to a year in prison (maybe because he was speeding), just a thought though.
it also said the last death from officer was in 1994 where a sheriff drove into a runner trying to evade, and killed him, but they let him go with no charges. So at that rate this sheriff should be let off

i dont know which one was more excusable.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 03-10-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
wow that is just horrible. My husband and i used to go up there all the time and i almost had us go up yesterday as well but plans got changed. My heart goes out to all involved :/
Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I lived on that mountain via bikes and cars in the past 30 years and I've seen alot of accidents up there. Yet, I've never seen anything as horrific as this especially from being caused by a sherriff..
Old 03-10-2008, 04:36 PM

Yeah, I just can't get over hes out there to bust us speeding but hes the one hitting someone
Old 03-10-2008, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Yeah, I just can't get over hes out there to bust us speeding but hes the one hitting someone
This is an ignorant comment. The guy made a mistake. Accidents can happen to anyone, at any time, even to people who are trained to avoid them, or help people when they happen.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by nachomc
This is an ignorant comment. The guy made a mistake. Accidents can happen to anyone, at any time, even to people who are trained to avoid them, or help people when they happen.
Why is that ignorant? Don't you find it ironic? I agree it goes to show the world is unknown. He could be out there to stop us from fishtailing off the road and hitting someone, but then he ends up killing 2 people just by not paying attention. I do feel that **** happens, but if you are a cop it's probably going to work out a lot better for you in the end. I know he will be treated differently than if it was a civilian who did it.

If i was driving my suby and wasn't paying attention and did this I find it hard to believe you would say, accidents happen to everybody etc..

Last edited by slow04wrx; 03-10-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:10 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
He fell asleep at the wheel, guess someone was out drinkin the night before.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Car Info: 05FXT
wow. I was on my bike coming up to the intersection of mcclellan and stevens canyon yesterday about 11. I decided to ride up to palo alto via foothill, but if I had made that left onto stevens canyon guess I would've seen this. I ride that road pretty often, its damn close to my house (last year the biker killed on saratoga rd was closer).

It just plain sucks because I love road (and mountain) biking, its just damn risky around these parts. Condolences to the families of those involved. Really sorry to hear this.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
If i was driving my suby and wasn't paying attention and did this I find it hard to believe you would say, accidents happen to everybody etc..
I don't think so. If it was an accident, what else would I say? If you were flying up the hill trying to be initial d or something, then yeah I'd have meaner comments.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by nachomc
I don't think so. If it was an accident, what else would I say? If you were flying up the hill trying to be initial d or something, then yeah I'd have meaner comments.
I don't know if I call falling asleep an accident., seems pretty negligent especially given he wasn't freeway cruising or something. You should know when you are too sleepy to drive if you're a cop. You should know better. It would be an accident as well if I lost control of my car, **** at least I would be attentive when it happened.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
^ exactly

all falling asleep says about someone is i didnt want to pull over and sleep because i wouldve gotten in trouble or fired.

So he chose to go about his job.

If the morning was hot with action, which i doubt it was because its fricken Cupertino, the he wouldnt have fallen asleep. But apparently the calls popping up on screen if any, were boring enough to sleep on.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Wagon
well this is pretty sad for everyone involved, regardless of reasons etc, he wont be getting off free like some in this post have mentioned.

but for all we do know, he was working his 7th twelve hour day in a row. but no one is perfect, even cops etc

Quick Reply: Sheriff's patrol car hits bicyclists, kills 2...Stevens Creek